Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirating as a primary source of income?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
There are two major forms of income in this game. Trading. Mining.

I was wondering, does anyone here use missions and piracy to get their money?

I was just thinking of ditching my trader I never use, and boosting my credits wholly based on missions and pirating (if ever need be). Note the majority of this pirating would be done in the border worlds, not NY.

Ideas...experiances?...
I think threads like these are scary, cause every time someone mentions a new way to make a quick buck on the forums, it's nerfed the next patch or rule set somehow.
I wouldn't be making a 'quick buck' though. Not charging 10mordai!?!?!!?1//1?!?!? sort of thing. More, 1 mill, the ocasional 2 depending on ship and affiliation. Ill also be doing some cargo piracy.
With the 10mil or die pirates out there,i am sure some are making more pirating,then mining.
I used to do missions as a primary source of income whenever I got bored with trading... but not anymore, not with the cruise power issues.

As for pirating... nobody should ever attempt to use piracy as a primary source of income. The only thing you accomplish by doing so is pissing everyone you meet off and making everyone hate you at the same time - because pirates who are out to make money ask far more than the reasonable amount regardless of who they're pirating or what commodity is being carried.

' Wrote:With the 10mil or die pirates out there,i am sure some are making more pirating,then mining.

Nope, they arent, because no trader will pay that - the trader will die and lose his cargo before he pays even half that amount. Call it out of roleplay / out of character if you will, but there's no point in continuing to trade when every pirate you meet asks for more than what your cargo is worth.

Yeah but I dont really need the money for anything. Like saving up for a cap or anything like that. Just need a couple of mill here and there for ammo ect.
Go look at Phate and the Lane Hackers.

They actually make a pretty buck from their piracy adventures, and not just from traders...

I think in fifteen minutes we once filled our pirate transport in Cali with opticals and made 25M off off shipping them three times to Magellan, plus an extra 5M from passerby.

Thats 30M in 1/4th of an hour, though we did have four people.
Its not worth it.

Even if you can pirate 10 traders, at 2 mil, 20 million is all you will get. If you did pirate 10 traders, they will whine to the lawfuls, who will amass a large fleet to kill you. YOu in turn will become angry, and join in large pirate fleets, who attack lawfuls. This leads to lolism.

ALso. You can only pirate so many traders, before they don't log on when you are on, and you get screwed. If you are gonna pirate, do it as a side job.
It's worth it all right. I don't have the time to spend online to be able to fund everything through piracy though. It is slower than trading, but a damn sight more fun!

Speak to Ivan. He's a monster for cargo piracy. As is Phate.
Quote:ALso. You can only pirate so many traders, before they don't log on when you are on, and you get screwed. If you are gonna pirate, do it as a side job.

Yeah, im actually starting to reconsider now aye? Good thing I made this thread hu? Ill still just pirate as a thing on the side, not for the cash and stuff, more for the fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5