Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Invent that Gas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
So alien organism mining was not only stupid, but also a failure. So it was a stupid failure.

In this respect my achievement echoed my life. Art mimics etc.

But that's not the point.

So I got to thinking, which happens when the moon is full, that the GMG would probably be happy mining gas other than the kind you stick in the back of your ship and set on fire. Of which I'm sure some might magically appear out in the Sigmas.

So I was gonna go with Xenon, because it's pretty cool and has some practical industrial applications for a noble gas. But then I thought it might be even more fun if I heard what you guys think and, if possible, come up with an exceptionally excellent alternative and/or new element.

Xoria, you do not need to panic about this.

So, gas me.

+1 posts must be creative and amusing and somehow be related to the topic at hand.
Radon gas, of course. Radioactivity is valuble.
What about a gas that can be used as a chemical weapon? I see many RP possibilities.
Alcohol Gas, since it can actually form in RL space.
' Wrote:What about a gas that can be used as a chemical weapon? I see many RP possibilities.

Were talking naturaly occuring gasses here.

If its at all possible prehaps add mining from a gas giant ?

Have the edge of the minable zone end JUST outside the planets surface (IE: 50meters max) and have items mined from it.

Unrefined Oxygen
Unpurified Water (replace the standard water drop, make there be a differnce between the two)
Unrefined Hydrodgen
Unrefined Methane (WAS THAT YOU DUSTY ?)

Have various places, especily GMG, buy unrefined gasses. Have THOSE bases sell the refined version (IE: the vanilla Oxygen)
Cyanide gas can occur naturally, useally mixed with other organic compunds, like the abformented alcohol
Gas giant mining is possibleish but troublesome to mod. I'm keeping it simple.

Nothing directly weaponized.

Think industrial:)

It's basically an "ore", but I thought it'd be a treat to see if something cool could be come up with.
Argon!
Quote:Were talking naturaly occuring gasses here.

Considering this is a totally different sector of space than the solar system we reside in.. oh never mind.

Something industrial? Then I second Radon gas.
This has been on my mind for ages. Gas mining is something that is sooo neded right now...

What on earth are the gas miners really mining then?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9