Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Posters (Now Complete)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
' Wrote:8-| Omg HF NOT LANE HACKER SPYGLASS HF :rtfm: read lore read lore read lo-
It's ok, we all know there is no [HF] lore (sun)

On a more serious note, since the posters are about ship size, how big will the new SG be ?

' Wrote:I've always thought that HF and Lane Hackers are the same faction.
Obviously, they all have the same ships and are all pirates.
' Wrote:8-| Omg HF NOT LANE HACKER SPYGLASS HF :rtfm: read lore read lore read lo-

But no seriously, don't want to waste a perfectly good post so... I can also send you the Jormungand (RHA battleship) for a render as well.

The mysterious "Spyglass" was initially a prototype of the Liberty Navy space reconnaissance battleship. The testbed model was lost on an expedition to perform a survey of the Coronado system, its final recorded transmission recieved just prior before plunging in the vast expanse of the Barrier nebula. Thought forever lost until rumors of similar vessels were reported by tradelane ambush survivors. The initally lost vessel, or production craft derived from its captured frame, are speculated to be in the hands of Hacker bosses to serve as mobile surveilance posts and staging grounds.

If you have 5 of them, doesn't change the fact its a lane hacker ship;)
OMG NO HF ARE NOT LANE HACKERS D:< RAEG RAEG RAEG

But so this post doesn't get removed I think I'm... wait am I out of crap to have you render? Q_Q
I really liked that Battleship Comparison page, thanks so much for these, they really help to get a sense of the sheer scale of most of these ships. Keep up the good work!
Hrm, seems I missed a bit of discussion here in the year I've been not playing Disco, specifically some requests from Tycho to update the posters with new ships and/or reorganize them to fit with (retconned) lore. These posters are accurate according to the infocards published in version 4.85.3 of the mod, with the possible exception of the Claymore in the Z-Line poster as I discussed already. If the BD gunboat or cruiser is mislabeled, well, it's also labeled wrong in-game because I took the names directly from the infocard that's linked to that hull in ships.ini (or whatever that file is named, it's been a while).

To all of the requests I say: I'm still planning on doing a whole new batch when 4.86 comes out. I said that last year, and I'll say it again next year when it still hasn't been released. Until then, it doesn't feel right to me to make posters as in-game references when the ships to go on them aren't in the public version of the game. Same reason as the wiki not having unreleased models showing up in the infobox, which there was a large discussion about. That and I'm lazy, and my time has shifted to playing Global Agenda.
und is now out o.o
I will gravedig this for the sake of how awesome OP pictures are.
(03-22-2016, 07:51 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]I will gravedig this for the sake of how awesome OP pictures are.

Oh, Swallow, why you gotta do this. The memories of .85 are coming back
Damn Swallow. The memories.
I actually miss the old LABC model, if it wouldn't cause the community to publicly stone me (haha funny joke that happens regardless of what I do) I'd replace the current model with a retextured variant of the old one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7