Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Children of the Pantheon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
In memoriam of those lost in Cyrannus 26 years ago today, the people of the 12 Colonies of Kobol do hereby inaugurate this hall of records.

"Lest we forget the sins of our past, and let men be men...gods be gods."

Here continue the tales of the Colonial Remnant. In cooperation with Colonial bards and historians, the University of Cambridge has compiled a bibliography of records concerning the Colonial remnant from the time of their first appearance in the Sirius sector to the present. Some records are incomplete or unrecoverable as the Bretonian historians have come under government pressure to cease the project. Still there are some that continue digging for facts discreetly. Their findings will be reported here, and a continuous record of the Colonials as a people will be kept as well.

Colonial Remnant status
-Embassy and official census

Colonial Remnant "Reunion"
-An early archive concerning the last year of the Rosalyn administration and the beginnings of the Planetform Initiative.

The Kerberos Encounter
-A young viper pilot is sent on a wild goose chase for a fake Battlestar

Final Flight of the Horizon
-The Colonials first encounter with the evil Phantoms

Path of an Oracle
-An incomplete account of Saul Elias's early years as a Colonial Miner.

=BSG=Frequencies
-The ending of the Rosalyn administration and the beginning of President Dymas's.
-The discovery of the Battlestars Valkerie and Warhammer
-The ending of the Planetform Initiative
-The Presidency of Dutchy Lunar
-The discovery and settlement of Tau-44

*Submissions to this record are to be written in 3rd person narrative only. Irrelevant submissions will be deleted.*
The FnordNet Archives have these somewhat disjointed and confusing records to contribute:

First Contact, Erisian Liberation Front and Colonial Remnant

Another Version of First Contact. Discusssions go Awry.

Dialogues: Ambassador Nicholas Gideon and Malaclypse 666

The TAZ hereby authorize the use of any other FnordNet records for the purposes of this research.

Our own Archivists have stumbled across records and are currently reconstructing the History of the 11th Vipers and GS-62 Odin
History of the Odin and the 11th Vipers
Much was going on today at Singapore. Due to the general shakeover in the high and low command, more and more ships were being refitted, repaired or just built. Even more were being scrapped.

Ok... let's see our today's patients... said the foreman

Varso...wha? That bloody smuggler? Never thought it would be me to get to cut it... Oh well

Varsovia - the pride and shame of the fleet. The most effective trader of her time, bringng in tremendeous profits, much of which went for terraforming Borneo. She was now in a scrap dock, being cut down to pieces, soon to be used o other ships.

Meanwhile in another part of the shipyard a new freighter was under construction.

here are the plans, mister...

Fisk... Edgar Fisk. Add more heat exchangers to the cargo bay.

But why? There's nothing to cool there - vacuum is cold en...

Engineer...trust me these additional appliances will be more than useful in the circumstances this vessel will be used in.

Hah, what kind of? You'll be sundiving? Or maybe those exchangers are just a fro..

/Fisk's eyes said it all... The under construction freighter was to be a black ops ship. As good as any smuggler...only that this one - was a deluxe varaint. Lead-coated hold to prevent from scanning, Increased cargo hold, armor, engines upgraded... At whatever the Varsovia failed, this vessel would excell at./

/Minato harbor, command section/

How is the IFF systems upgrade going, Lieutenant? Asked Atalante

Slowly, but systemmatically. Some ships are already refitted.

Good. How are those from Nemesis battlegroup?

Some ships had to be scrapped... New ones have been lain down just a few hours ago.

Fine... inform me if any new gunstar is ready... I'll be in my quarters.

Yes sir...

/And so - another chapter ends. Such valued as the Thanatos finally saw to their retirement. The rusty hull, stitched up circuitry, ducktaped illuminators... all dismantled and if still useful - given to other ships. While the hull doesn't exist anymore as a whole - its parts are now in all ships of the fleet.
Corfu base, Omicron Theta, 7 days ago

Doctors Hilliard Annidon and Horace Billburn were the last two Colonial Scientists left on Corfu. Relics of an era that had passed them by nearly a year ago, the two of them were living working proof of how long it took news to travel out to the border worlds. When the Planetform transports stopped coming to Corfu 9 months ago, the two scientists logically assumed there was a flare up in Omega 5 between the Hessians and the Corsairs. So they continued their work and ran up their tabs with their Zoner hosts waiting for the convoys to eventually return. Their research was important. Being a descendent of exodus survivers, they took the work of developing a new Colonial homeworld seriously. A little hick-up in the supplies wouldn't keep them from their work, at least so they had thought. As the months passed with no word from the Planetform Commission office on Cambridge, the Scientists began to see their dilemma. Survival began to take presidence over research and the two scientists theived and conned their needs out of their hosts. But it wasn't all criminal the things they did for food. They were known on the base as capable men who could fix things. Freighter pilots came to Dr. Billburn many times to debug their navigation systems. He was quite
skilled with computer systems, being the computer modeling muscle in the two man team. They traded their services for commodities they could use.

It was in one of these cases that Dr. Billburn noticed something very strange in a Reinland-based freighter's repair system.

"Hill, take a look at this."

Dr. Billburn motioned Dr. Hilliard to look into a microscope.

"Looks like a bunch of nanos to me, so what?"

"Right, now take a look at this."

He motioned to a monitor.

"Looks like a bunch of code to me, so what?"

"Honestly, for an educated man you are really stupid. Nanobots aren't supposed to have operating systems, they are controlled centrally by the ship's computer."

"Oh lords, please forgive me!"

"Shut up and listen. Someone has tampered with these, they are not responding to commands I give them. But that's not the interesting part. Look at this:"

Dr. Billburn reached down under the main computer core and pulled out the networking cables. Three red lights lit up in the system's display for the cockpit.

"There, at this point the nanos should be as dead as dandruff, but take a look:"

Hilliard looked through the microscope at the nanobots and rather than seeing lifeless robots floating in stasis fluid, he saw them swarm into activity.

"Look."

Billburn pulled Hilliard away from the scope and pointed at the networking cable. As the two looked on the cable seemed to grow like a snake, reaching for the computer port. As the last part was straight up, the cable reached up like a cobra ready to strike and plugged itself back in.

"What in the name of Hades...."

"We have to report this."

"To whom? We haven't seen any holymen in 9 months, remember?"

"Someone needs to know."

"Send it to Cambridge? Some of those guys still talk with former commission members, they might be able to get word out."

"What are you going to tell them? Do you even know what this is?"

"Ahh yes, I forgot, you are a biologist."

He said this with a sneer.

"Xenobiologist."

"Whatever. Look again at the micro OS, does the code look familiar to you?"

"No."

"It's cylon code man. 26 years and they are still using the same language. I'm sending word to Cambridge, maybe they can forward it to the right place."

The two men left the infected vessel for the nearest net cafe. Little did they know that ship was scheduled to leave on another shipment less than an hour later. They wouldn't get a chance to study those strange nanobots.
....Incoming transmission....
....To: =CR=
....Comm ID: =CR=Galaktik.....
....From: Karl Trax

Today as i was having breakfast at Minato Harbor restourat i received message to get to docking bay number 2, where my commanding ship was. At 1100 hrs i enter`d docking bay, my neural net alerted me of new message from Command.

"Mission is communicably ELINT" was title, so i looked what is so secretly bout it. As i walk into my cabin on board i realised why the tittle was named like that. So i order`d men to tank my H-fuel tanks to top , and sweep ship for any bugs or other non usual ship equipment on board. After 1 hour of preparation for flight, crew was on board.

Then 6 men come entering docking bay big box.

Karl Trax: "Men what is that?

Engineer: "Sir! We have order to install this on your board form high command, as part of new ELINT mission"

Karl Trax: "Well then proceed and install this thing to my ship"

Engineer: "Yes sir we will put it near power plant"

After 1 hour new radar device was ready for operation, call it Advanced Cargo Scanner.

Karl Trax: "All men prepare for launching, man all stations!"

Karl Trax: "Set course to Java station to see how this thing works!"

Navigator: "Yes sir!"

After 10 minutes of flight we approached Java station, then we try to figure out how this thing works.

Karl Trax: "Comm officer, u can plug in that new radar device"

Comm officer: "Yes, DRADIS is powering up now"

Karl Trax: "Scan that ship! I want exact info!"

Comm officer: "Scaning....
Tau 37, two days ago.
Isaac harsk walked into the minato CIC, amid many alarms.
"Commander, what is going on"
"Phantoms detected in 37 Captain."
"Copy, order the 11th to suit up and launch"
"Order given"
Tau 37, an hour later...
"Twin lead, this is twin two, phantoms on scope, weve got five ravens and a dread."
"Copy that two"
"Lead to all pilots, engage, weapons free"
five acknowledgements
the 11th engaged the phantoms, they took down one of the fighters, but two flight. and other pilots
20 minutes later.
Alyssa Dunter, Twin two is filing her report...
the casualty report reads this:
Enemy losses: one raven claw.
Allied losses: Twins four five and six KIA, twin lead and twin three MIA....presumed dead.
WIth that, the venerable 11th vipers were decommissioned
Bartender was cleaning some cups, rarely he had a quick watch around the room. It was happening on Minato Harbour, a Colonial base in Tau 44. A man entered the bar. He came to a big window and watched planet Borneo. He was interesting for the bartender. There was something strange in his eyes, eyes of an old man. They were so deep. Finally, the man stopped watching Borneo, and came to the bartender.
The bar-tender was inquisitive.

"Greetings. anything to drink?"

"Yes, some water please."

The bartender was a bit surprised. Water?

"Normal water? Well, ok. Why not, heh? I haven`t seen you before. Who are you?

"My name is Garin King. I am a colonial pilot."

"Interesting. I thought I know all our pilots... You must be new..?"

"No, I have been a pilot for long."

"Tell me more."

Garin was quiet for few minutes. He kept watching the bartender with his scary eyes without a single blink.

"Well... I was born on Galactica 2 years after escaping the Cylons on Tyrannus. I have seen fights. I have seen deaths. I have seen destruction. From my young age I wanted to be a Viper pilot. To shoot down the cylon bastards and to save Colonials from perishing. I thought I will kill them all, I thought it will be easy for me. I passed all the trainings, hours of learning, preparation, simulated fights. But in my first real action half of our squadron was shot down in no time and I almost died. Four of us survived. Four of twenty. The first fight."

"Waking to the reality, heh?"

"It was damn hard for me and I think it changed me forever. I never sat in a viper after that. I spoke to the commander, because I still wanted to help Colonials. From then I was a scout. They sent me on all exploration missions. I have seen wonders and nightmares noone else ever did. I followed our fleet to Sirius watching everything interesting I met. It took me very long, but now I finally got here."

"You were alone for so long?"

"I was."

"That is very interesting, I am always happy to hear new storyes."

"What about you? Is there anything interesting happening?"

The bartender was thinking for few momments.

"Oh yes. You know, we, Colonials use only our ships, with no exeptions. But I heard some rumors about a Spatial here on Minato. How can someone normal fly that ship??? I thought it is denied."

"Hehe, that rumor isn`t new for me. If you really want to know, that Spatial is going to be my."

"What??"

The bartender was surprised and annoyed.

"How dare you? How do you mean that? You don`t trust our, Colonial ships?"

"It is not about trust. That ship is exactly what I need. IMG agreed to supply us by one of these. It has extended power array and can hold seven optronic computer systems online at once. It has enough cargo space for long travels, and strong weapon systems aren`t useless too. With conbined scanner array and altered probe dropper that ship will bring absolutely perfect data to Colonials."

"Well, you seem to know the situation. I wish you luck...Exploring..."

The bar-tender was still quite angry. Garin came to the window and watched Borneo again. After about twenty minutes he left the bar. A Spatial named Dargov was waiting him in the docking bay.
Displaying whole transmission->

....Incoming transmission....
....To: =CR=
....Comm ID: =CR=Galaktik.....
....From: Karl Trax

Ship type: large train
Distance: 8k
Cargo://2332443`2WRT

Comm officer: "looks like ship is to far to scan cargo"

Karl Trax: "then power engines and go to 3.8k distance"

Navigator: "Yes sir"

Karl Trax: "Start scan again"

...Ship type: large train
...Distance: 8k
...Cargo: 4500 niobium containers"

Karl Trax: "Well that is very good thing, it will be very useful on this ship"

And so we put course to tau 37, near freeport. Then DRADIS started to twich and scrambel, showing some wierd data. Comm officerdid try to decode message half hour now, then he says it is old colonial secret code transmitter from escape pod. We set course to last know position and found us in omicron 90 system, siginal was very strong. So we began to scan perimeter for escape pod.

Comm officer: "Sir i have found it, it is at 3/4 E"

Karl Trax: then set course there navigator"

Karl Trax: "when in range, tractor it in cargo bay"

On escape pod was writing "Nexus" We have found one female pilot inside in stasis, so we tranferd her to sick bay, until we reach Minato harbor and tranfer her to medical center.

...Transmission ending....
Singapore shipyards.....three days ago...
The Odin GS-62 is being dismantled, due to taking heavy damage in a recent fight. its commander, Leon Richards walked in....
Richards "Well she served her purpose, now its time i let her go, and retired."
Engineer "I guess your right, shes a good ship, sad shes being dismanlted."
Richards "Well thats how things work." "Hopefully her history will remain."
Engineer "Yeah same here, without our history we are nothing"
Two days ago, Richards went into retirement.
His and his crews achievements will not be forgotten
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33