Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Scotland Yard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NSY CommChannel Status: OPEN
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: Normal
To: Constable Gregory Vederman
Subject: BPS, Dublin

Mr Vederman,

as Captain Vimes said, splendid work out there! We will need to investigate about those "Bretonian" ships you saw out there... quite strange indeed.

On another note, gentlemen, please be reminded that Dublin is still off limits! Due to the negotiations with the Mollys still being done, the truce between Bretonia and the Mollys is still active, including the part about not passing each other's territory.
Should the Kusarian blighters try to cross our space again, try to stop them in Edinburgh.

Good flight out there,

Yours,
Captain Cooper

Transmission End...
NSY CommChannel Status: CLOSED
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: Normal
To: New Scotland Yard, BPA HQ
Subject: Patrol report

Gentlemen,

quite an interesting patrol today. I met some fine soldiers of her Majesty's Royal Fleet in space and patroled New London together with them. After a short time, we encountered the vessel [BPS]Defender[H], a Templar, claiming to belong to the "Bretonia Protection Squadron", a wing that I've never heard of before.
Commander Brock from the Royal Fleet became quite interested as well, and together, we began to ask that pilot some questions:

I've uploaded my neural net logs on these frequencies.

He landed on New London and vanished shortly after.

As I continued my patrol together with the BAF Jericho, we encountered a Cardamine smuggler, callsign XO. He dropped the Cardamine and it was succesfully destroyed, but I advise everyone to keep an eye out for him.
The same goes for the "trader" Kefren, who openly admitted his support of New Tokyo with Deuterium. Unfortunately, he got away without me being able to disrupt him - I will certainly catch that sly smuggler the next time he dares crossing my ways...

That is all for now, godspeed out there!

Cooper out.

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: LOW
To: New Scotland Yard
Subject: Smuggler

Greetings,

Yesterday I went on a short patrol. New London was mostly quiet, and all I can report is a smuggler by the name of Atilla who attempted to smuggle gold to Kusari. He landed, dropped it off at Planet Leeds, and took Constriction Machinery to Freeport 6. I let him go, and warned him that smuggling would not be tolerated next time. Another man, known as The_Professional, questioned me and my authority, and stated that I was "Self-Proclaimed," and also "OORP," whatever that guttural sound might mean. I informed him of the BPA's official existence in Bretonia, as well as the Bretonia Laws and Policies here in Bretonia. He seemed to make no more objections, and went on his way.

My apologies on entering Dublin, Captain Cooper. I had assumed that it would be acceptable to enter Dublin to fight the Kusari, but I was mistaken. You will never catch me there again.

~Gregory Verderman

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
Subject: Patrol Report

Been recovering in New London medical since my last patrol. Was given the all clear earlier today.

Launched not too long ago and was informed of some possible smugglers entering Bretonia with Plutonium bound for the Omegas. Luckily Constable Gideon Trevelyan also launched. So together we hunted for these criminals.

As luck would have it, Gideon found the first on the lanes to NL, and he flew of in persuit, while I staked out the Cambridge to NL gate. Sure enough a pair of smugglers appeared soon after. Call signs "Will765" and "_MECOOLER_". All three were flying Kusari transports. Curiously enough, without any crew at all...
I demanded they halt, and they initially stopped, until I told them that they were breaking the law. They flew off fast, and headed for NL. Once there, they somehow managed to dock, and were last heard from there.
I called for ground forces to find them. But seems the blighters hid themselves well.

I'm sure Gideon will have his report up soon. He should also have the evidence of their cargo. I was unable to get any myself, as the new ship's systems seem a bit... Unworking.

Well, a quiet day to return,

M'guire out

Transmission End...

Incoming Transmission...
Subject: Plutonium Smugglers

Sirs,

My apologies to you and to Constable M'guire for my delay in posting this information. His report is accurate: three plutonium smugglers - the third, callsign JTAPM in a heavy tankder, in addition to the two M'guire named who flew Kusari tranports - came into Bretonia from O-3 - through Cambridge and into New London.

I ordered JTAPM to halt for inspection, which he refused. He made it to Dublin before I could stop him, though I understand from traders in the area that he was carrying plutonium. Indeed, the Trafalgar from Highland-Gateway transmitted this message to me from the Cambridge side of the Cambridge-O3 jumpgate:

[Image: screen136.jpg]

In addition, I scanned the hold of Will765:

[Image: screen138.jpg]

Their cooperation was less than forthcoming:

[Image: screen140.jpg]

These two miscreants landed on New London, of all places, and refused to emerge.

Of course, there was little M'guire and I could do, so we hope ground forces were indeed able to capture them.

Respectfully submitted,

Gideon M. Trevelyan, Constable

Trevelyan out.

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: HIGH
From: Doctor Johnathan Coomes - Cambridge Medical Institution
Subject: Constable Downed in Firefight - severely injured

Greetings sir,

Today we recovered a constable downed in a firefight with Corsairs. The constable is positively identified as Gregory Vederman. He has suffered severe burns, and two broken bones, including a broken sternum and wrist. The fractures are suspected to be caused by extreme subjection to blunt forces. He is currently in emergency care, and will stay there the until he has sufficiently healed.

According to the brief moments of consciousness we had to speak with the constable, he reported that it was a fight between an OPG member known as HuskarI, and an independent Pirate known as Loader. The combatants were a Titan, flown by the OPG, and a Roc MkI Bomber, flown by the independent. He had stated that his ship had been downed after intercepting these pirates while looking into reports of a rogue KNF agent given to him by a member of the Gateway-Interstellar Shipping Company.

The pirates had refused to leave, and the OPG pilot engaged him. Due to the high proximity of mines launched by the OPG pilot, he was forced to eject when colliding with said mine.

According to the officer, a Constable Ronald Farbridge was still fighting when he was brought into emergency care.

Here are some images recorded in his escape pod.

One
two
three

Thank you for your dedicated service,
~Johnathan Coomes - Chief of Medicine
- Cambridge Royal Medical Facilities.

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
Subject: Vederman's report.

I'm truely saddened to hear about how serious Greg's condition is. I'll be over as soon as my ship's repairs are complete.

I was the other constable with Greg when we in a fight with those corsair scum... All I can say is that he flew well, but was taken down by a nasty trick with nuclear mines.
Right, a run down about what happened. Got word from Greg that a gateway ship had reported a KNF in Cambridge. We met at the gate, and jumped through to find he'd fled to Omega-3.
Encountered the pair of corsairs in the lanes to the Norfolk from the planet. Gave them a few warnings to leave Bretonia, which they ignored and promptly attacked us. A few minutes into the fighting Greg's ship was hit by a mine from the HuskarI.
I stayed as long as I could to fight the fellers, but seems my engines were beaten about and started to malfunction. I had to... Flee, back to Cambridge. Currently waiting for repairs to finish to go see how Vederman is doing.

Thought's with Vederman,
regards gents,

M'guire out.

Transmission End...

Incoming Transmission...
Priority: NORMAL
To: New Scotland Yard, BPA HQ
Subject: Patrol reports

Gentlemen,

a little intel from my last patrols.

I advise you to keep your eyes open for the mercenary vessel Daemon, a rather discourteous fellow. He has ignored orders given by the BPA multiple times, gave orders to our units instead and is carrying quite the suspicious equipment: Corsair and Kusari weaponry.

Another case has been closed by the hand of Sir Lauderdale and myself; the Corsair fighter Wook, rampaging in New London and Cambridge, attacking us multiple times, has been disabled and will, hopefully, not appear again soon.

Finally, there is an equivocal traffic going on through the Tau-31-blockade. I found the Armoured Transport Daestelos yesterday, advancing quite a few VIPs. I asked him about the nature of said transfer, and his answer got me worried:

[Image: SuscpiciousVIPs.png]

He got nervous then and jumped to Tau 31 right in front of my eyes.

As well, there was a major quarrel with the Kusarian Farmers yesterday - in the orbit of Planet Leeds! Those noodle-munching blighters really are impudent, sending their pawns that deep into our space.

Stay cautious out there,

Cooper out.

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: NORMAL
Subject: Patrol Report

Greetings gents,

Sorry for the delay sirs, but I've got my report done now.
Well, had some action the other day, launched to find a group of Corsairs in Cambridge. Found them, and found myself slightly outnumbered...
Captured Image
Odd that the Corsair claimed junkers were aiding them...

Luckily a contingent of the QC arrived. They took on the Mentira and another corsair, while I and a QC...P? Took on the Poison. The main force had the two ships destroyed, and then came to help us finish off Poison. Good ta show them whats what!

After I docked at Cambridge, with full intention of reporting I might add, I got a call from the OPG Crucifix. Seems he was wanting a bit of revenge. Together with... Names fail me, two QC we attacked the blighter at Cambridge. After a while, another OPG arrived, as did a few more for us, and me and one of the QC persued the Crucifix after he started to flee, while the remainder took on the new arrival.
Sadly we weren't able to blast the Crucifix, and he escaped. His buddy didn't, blew him up near Cambridge.

Good show by Bretonia against those pirates,

Constable M'guire out

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
Subject: Bloody blighters!

Launched to reports of the known terrorist Monstar operating in London. As I approached the gate from Cambridge to London, he finished translation! Little hussar ain't cut out for fighting it alone. Fled to Cambridge to make sure all civilians knew of the threat. Sighted a Xeno IFF ship on long range scanners. He was on closer inspection a coalition I believe. Flying a bomber with what I think were nomad weapons, was a short battle. Cut short by the arrival of the blighter's superior officer. In, wait for it...
An Osiris battleship!
Information
How in blazes am I meant to deal with this? Again I had to flee for my life, taking heavy damage in the process. They then had the gall to have a go at me because I hadn't found Monstar...
Loonies always come out on my shift...

As I left the coalition were leaving for freeport 1. And the Necrosis was sighted in Leeds. An IMG ship, name eludes me, chased him down, but lost him in Leeds. He's running around free in Bretonia...
Currenly docked at Cardiff, awaiting completion of ship repairs.

Angry but alright,

Constable M'guire out

Transmission End...