Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Air Force Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
To the "How is this different from.. blah blah blah" Well read it all, actually analyze what I've said. I'm wanting to make this the perfect faction. Its my project and I am in love with this idea, I'll see it through. No offense to anyone, but I'm wanting to try and make this like a faultless bunch of boys and girls. A faultless group. This is just the rough cover.

I'll answer the question in a minute. Got Christmas lunch.
Hmm... to my knowledge isn't "air force" in freelancer bassicaly a navy using snubs in atmosphere? You type it like it was something very different.
any air force is essentially nonexistant in freelancer. navy takes care of everything, alternatively, LSF when speaking 'special' ops.

saying that, i'd change the name. in the end it's your own call, however.
Aye, the Air Force thing doesn't make sense (though LAF| sure looks sexy).

Also, Space Command sounds kind of silly, imo. Reminds me of Buzz Lightyear. Heh.
I like the idea. I might event try to join at some point if it works out well.

However, what the others said, how about a name change?
Idea is great...i like it.....i wish you to be succesful.
I don't really see the reason why you're all not wanting "The Air Force" I mean, granted it is pretty redundant but even today, no one organization covers a two or three major battlefields. The Navy today has their own fleet of aircraft since they are specialized for Naval operations and the Air Force has their own aircraft that are more for general Ariel support and combat. The Army & Marines have their own helicopters that are on hand immediately to support troops.

What I'm trying to say is, I think it is very logical to assume the Air Force does exist and have super jet fighters and heavy bombers like the B-2 and what not that defend and support inter-planetary combat. The one issue I think you're all having is you're thinking about "What can I do as a player of this game" when I'm trying to explore what there is that isn't available in pixel to fly on Freelancer. With this in mind I've RP'd the Air Force (Who we can assume in Liberty has many airfields and bases on Manhattan, Denver etc) has now began to get a space-combat capability.
And here is a question to progress with, anyone got any name ideas?
Very cool concept, I like the idea of a small group of pilots darting about and the professional combat doctrine.

My one suggestion would be to specify the role of these guys in space combat. Namely, what do they do that the Navy doesn't? They could have been bought in for deployments in dense nebulae or clouds or some-such, where the situation more closely mirrors atmospheric flight then true space combat. It would give you the opportunity to do something a bit out-there with that carrier, specifying areas of operation for a given time period (While the United.States was, in-RP around to provide supplies and docking). Anyway, that's my two cents. I really like the premise though, if you want a hand with it, I'd be happy to help. That and flying, of course.

As to additional names... I'€™ve got nothing, sorry.

Merry Christmas folks.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13