Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lane Hacker ID in .86
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I assume it doesn't allow the Spehglass anymore?
I think it turned HF but I might be wrong.
It's funny how an off-lore faction basically ruins a lore based faction.
' Wrote:I assume it doesn't allow the Spehglass anymore?

' Wrote:I think it turned HF but I might be wrong.

The Spyglass is no longer available to the Lane Hackers. It is the property of the Hellfire Legion.

' Wrote:It's funny how an off-lore faction basically ruins a lore based faction.

I sense a disturbance in the Q_Q.

What's wrong with the Hackers losing a ship they didn't acquire and couldn't maintain?
its not the first time that a ship moved to another faction.

the first thing we should ask ourselves is of course:

- how much does a specific ship add to the factions lore
- how much has it become "established" lore
- how much does it affect players

the spyglass has long been a rather rare ship. - not cause it was restricted much, but cause it wouldn t add much to the daily RP of the faction.

however - i am afraid not to know too much about those two factions. - i don t know how close they are ... for example. - as close as order and zoners? ( which are fairly close indeed ) or as close as corsairs and gaians? ( who are ... well... as close as very distant friends might be )
Because I can't see the Hackers having anything left that's "special". The spyglass fits into their turf. They're tech-based, I don't see why the spyglass belongs to the HF.
Well, I'm around the hackers for a while, but I can't remember how did the first Spyglass got to us. It was before my time, and the senior members are rather snowed under for me to bug them. But I'm quite sure we never had the resources to mass produce those, or even to build a second one. The Legion had.

So when in the last months of 4.85 it became open, we couldn't really tell how did it happen. Now things are back to normal. We aren't a military with such assets.
' Wrote:however - i am afraid not to know too much about those two factions. - i don t know how close they are ... for example. - as close as order and zoners? ( which are fairly close indeed ) or as close as corsairs and gaians? ( who are ... well... as close as very distant friends might be )

At this point in time, the HF consider the LH at best very unfriendly, otherwise hostile.

Through a deal made between the Legion and the Hackers many years ago, the Hackers acquired a single Spyglass. If you want to know what happened to that, go ask the LH~ official faction.

Edit: The Spyglass was a very "tech-y" ship originally, and was designed to fit into Hacker RP since the HF (a very long time ago) was once a group which branched off from the Hackers. However, those ties are now mostly severed.

The current edition of the Spyglass is actually the Mk 6, the Arbiter. Certain elements resemble the original Spyglass, stolen from Libertonian shipyards, but it has been modified and refined for years by the Legion.

Edit 2: As for balance concerns... there should be none, at least for those outside of the HF. The Arbiter has a horrible power core and pathetic armour for a ship its size (easily in the top five largest battleships).
the spyglass was passed to the hackers for the same reasons the CIS starfrigate was passed to the zoners

call it a distribution of funny ships to random factions.

now - if the hackers are in need of a spyglass "like" vessel ( we are speaking RP here ) - such a vessel can be made.

if the hackers are in need of a medium battleship - thats another concern - which must be decided by the balance.

personally - i think a high end sensor ship is inRP for hackers.... but that might also be a heavy freigther, a special GB or maybe a destroyer ... i m not sure about a battleship though ( but then - i never really liked the idea of a spyglass being a sensor ship )
' Wrote:i think a high end sensor ship is inRP for hackers...
Well, I never had problems with the advanced sensory systems that we can outfit even a Dagger with. The systems used for monitoring the USI doesn't need a capital platform floating in space. We are better off in snubs.

Some might also remember the Storta called Moonraker. I can't say we deploy it regularly, but it also flies. I'm yet to check it's current core efficiency, but it's a tertiary concern tops.
Pages: 1 2 3 4