Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About the whole CR Tech Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Does this mean that any merc can go and take any Kusari ship and raid Alpha/Gamma 24/7? Smooth.
' Wrote:Does this mean that any merc can go and take any Kusari ship and raid Alpha/Gamma 24/7? Smooth.

In general, I thought that was always allowed.
' Wrote:In general, I thought that was always allowed.
Without previous faction approval, I meant.

EDIT: derp, fixed
Here's a new idea! Keep permissions, but maybe make the white cell nerfs a tiny bit less drastic. That'll probably make everyone happy?
' Wrote:You should know by now that anything said on skype is taken to the forums. Usually, when people quote an Admin, they believe what they read.
And as such, nobody has been unfairly penalized for issues caused by my statement.
' Wrote:People already had deals with you, and you are bound by the rules to honor that.

I am sorry, but this seems very strange for you to say in this situations:

1: The tech deals were made when the rules were different. The deal back then was that factions could take away the permission if they wanted. That was implicitely part of the deal when the rules were still like that.

2: If the people really use the tech to shoot the faction that provided it, without giving back the techmology, it's not really "honorable" of THEM is it?

And if some people who do that were actually the very same people who changed the rules AFTER the deal was made, would that be HONORABLE of them?
the "main" problem won t be combat ships....

we can nerf them... but here is an example from the past

at some point during 4.85 .... dab suggested a change of the zoner guard ID - and all ( at least to my knowledge ) zoner factions ( official ones ) agreed.

the zoner guard must not dock in house space anymore.

what was the reason for that?

for one - the zoner whale is a rather smallish 5k - and it has a CM. - what might look like no big deal at the start - can turn the tide in a pirate encounter.

the fear was to see zoner whales all over sirius - while the .... at least inRP ... more numerous cooperate traders in their core world transports ( mastodon, trains etc. ) - became a rare species.

and so it was decided to nerf the zoner guard ID.

now - consider that:

- the zoner whale becomes "free-for-all" - zoner factions cannot do anything about it. - other than swear at them ( actually they cannot do that either ) - and bounty them.

the zoner whale will be nerft to oblivion!!

but guess what. - no one will care - cause the only thing the whale powers is .... its shield.

and so - we might end up with a smallish transport that is possibly superior to ALL house 5k .... ( also think of what you can put into a CM slot.... ) - and only the minority of them are zoners.

so - yes, i am among those that wish to leave a mandatory approval by the official faction. - but i do not know how many reports for a non approved use went to the admins.
' Wrote:Well..... how the hell did Weps went to Terrorist in real world. Smuggling. Traitors are everywhere mate. Stealing still stands good.

This made me laugh. Really.

Seriously, why don't we see Terrorists with T-90/Leo2A6/Abrams tanks, F16/F15 fighters, Ticonderoga class cruisers, S-300/Patriot missile systems, Satellite networks, SSBNs, but mainly with firearms, grenade launchers and MANPADS? Most of those are portable and don't require any significant amount of maintenance, or extremely old and outdated. (hence the they also use AKs instead of M series)

So yeah, there can be a good possibility to steal a Colonial-developed hand blaster. Maybe even smuggle handful of them.

...a Battleship? And keep it running? :lol::lol::lol:

(P.S. Well, it's imaginable. All you need is a battleship captain that will commit treason with a crew that won't shoot him. Heh.)

As for tech copying, look at China. That's the example of what happens when you're trying to copy complicated high-technology (especially military) systems. = FAIL. Which was expected.
You can't copy high-tech equipment with keeping at least 80% stats. Soviets were trying to copy USA produced processors in 80s. It worked for few years, but with processors becoming more complicated it became impossible to copy them.

P.S. But we play freelancer here, so who cares for RL-experience and Common Sense? It doesn't exist in Sirius, never did.
' Wrote:Zelot's quote was said in November 2011, the Admin post was in February 2011. Considering the sheer amount of things that get sorted via a green line in a thread here and there, you can understand the slight confusion it might have caused.

I can't see why there's such a fuss over something that nearly no one contacted us over. We've heard little to nothing from people using the tech and even less from the Admins.

We're offering something better than simply restoring the list, especially if the tech chart is being thrown out the window. Our good faith was abused, we're offering people the value of their ships, even with the tech chart going away, without any element of bias. I don't know why that's counted as countering good faith.

Just to point this out a little more.

Good faith, that's what Gheis pointed out.
We are offering to refund folks for ships they most likely didn't even have before 4.86 came along and if they did have them, they will most likely get rid of them due to the technology nerfing anyway.

Why is Zelot wanting people to spend millions only to find the ships are useless with the tech nerf when they could instead be given millions, buy the ship anyway and find they are useless?

1. Lose millions. Find ship is useless. Sell ship.

2. Gain millions. Find ship is useless. Sell ship.

Yes, I can really see how option 1 benefits people more.
GJ Admin, looking out for the players there. Not at all letting your personal feelings interfere at all.
I stand by my much earlier statement.

Every tech request reviewed under properly-constructed contracts (covering all imaginable contingencies). Those who get rejected get a refund anyway.

I want a clean slate so that no mistakes are repeated.

You (plural) want... what? To feel better? I don't get it really... since the issue will be from now on governed by mechanics rather than law.

But then again, this is all pointless since charts and permit threads cease to be law(l)...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12