Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Xeno Alliance communications (iRP) (FO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: XA_logo.png]

Kim, you did well out there. Comms garbled a little during the kill confirmation, but I'll consider that yours. You've earned your fangs, Cottonmouth.

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

To: <"Xeno Alliance communications">
Reg: ""<Ramsey and our Legacy>""

We have some work to do, I'm officially ordering that Fort Ramsey receive double its usual supply allocations, specifically in terms of hardware that can be used for expansion of the facility. I intend to fortify and lock down the region around it, no point letting DSE get their mangy fingers on our territory and its resources.

Any Serpentis logistics vessels that are free are ordered to move out and begin tugging the Alabama over to the Fort post-haste. She's our trophy, I want her nearby. Obviously for more than just remaining an ornament that's up for grabs, needless to say I have some big plans on what I want to do with it.

""Get to work""

[Image: XA-Bottom_zps61637453.png]
[Image: SPSvnmI.gif]

Milk here.

I'm delivering a report on the initial flights of the new CT-49X class transport White Sands, formerly the USI ship Millbrook, recently acquired courtesy of Universal Shipping's generous support.
Maintenance has proven to be no issue at all, although obviously she hasn't been in service long. CT spare parts are cheap and easily available on the open market; the only one we've needed so far, a spare coupling for the posterior cargo pod, was obtained and installed by Ouray's teams in less than twenty-four hours. It helps that the ship is a relatively new model, manufactured in 821.
Handling-wise she is remarkably agile, honestly not much slower than some of the slower bombers our pilots might be familiar with, making maneuvering through asteroid fields and other tight flying an absolute breeze.

The first substantial journey I undertook with the new vessel was one of the deliveries for Milford, delivering Copper from the IMG in the Omegas. I won't go into detail here, since I'll be reporting the journey separately on the contracts board anyhow. Suffice to say it went without issue.

The next was a more substantial task: Finally towing the old Alabama wreck to Fort Ramsay. For this purpose, I had the cargo pods substituted with magnetic clamps. The White Sands on the starboard and the Mojave on the port side of the wreck stabilized its towing trajectory, while the heavy Sonoran provided most of the thrust from the bow.

[Image: 6MHGc8B.jpg]

Though we remained undisturbed by outside forces, the towing process was lengthy and not without issue. Structural damage, presumably from asteroid impacts, that hadn't been revealed by our preliminary scans, had weakened the starboard armor plating, and the magnetic clamp caused a tear approximately twenty meters in length at the White Sands' attachment port, forcing me to reattach on the starboard-center hangar plating and hoping it hadn't been similarly compromised.
All-in-all, it took around nine hours to move the wreck, but aside from some superficial damage the ship made it to port intact.

We didn't get much of a respite though, as our little trio of transports set out to a mission into the Omicrons to cultivate our trade contacts with the Corsair Empire. Naturally we flew cautiously through Kusari space, and were not spotted by any law enforcement or civilian traffic.
Some day, I'd like to see more of Crete than the foreigner's space port, but I'll need to find time for that. The return journey was uneventful as well and our cargo reached Ouray unmolested.

[Image: XEygQoL.jpg]

Milk out.

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

To: <"Xeno Alliance communications">
Reg: ""<Ramsey and our Legacy>""

I'd say that this is cause for celebration, but we have much more work ahead of us. Since my election to the position of Squadron Commander, the Alliance has clawed itself out of irrelevance. We are feared again and rightfully so, but the most important thing we have achieved is the fact that we've steadily gained momentum. Of the centuries that the Alliance has existed, this is the closest we've ever been to prosperity. We're still quite far, but the balance sheet is no longer grossly negative.

We can't afford to lose this momentum. Finishing that supply order is a great start to getting a project off the drawing-board and into prototype stages. The expansion project on Fort Ramsey is working as fast as I can convince our men to work, I anticipate that it should be complete within two or three weeks. It really all depends on how reliable supply shipments are and how many men manage to not die from work accidents.

We made an under-hand exchange with the Order not so long ago, handing them a nomad power-cell has most likely convinced them that we at least have good intentions. The bridge still needs to be built, but I remain uncertain at this stage in time of whether the Order can truly offer us anything. Regardless, I expect everyone to be at their best. I will reward success, and the risks of our job will sufficiently punish failure, I needn't bother with getting my own hands dirty.

""We can be better""

[Image: XA-Bottom_zps61637453.png]
*thunk thunk*

> Comm ID: Ashton Brown
> Location: Ouray Base, Colorado
> Destination ID: Xeno Alliance
> Subject: Kill Confirmation
> Priority: Hatchling

Routine sweep of the lanes for problem-seekers got a little less routine. We had this weird sort of contact near Norfolk, thought he was the high and mighty sort of guy. Wasn't so mighty when even the routine Navy boat-patrols kept getting in the way and he still got chaffed up by the big guns. That's all, really.

GUNCAM

Ashton, good to see another Hatchling earning their fangs. That's right, you proved to be potent under pressure. Don't get complacent, Blacktail.
:::encrypted_message_received:::

:::decoding_process_activated:::

-accessing_message_content-

> Comm ID: Copperhead
> Location: Ouray Base, Colorado
> Destination ID: Xeno Alliance
> Subject: Expulsion of Foreigners
> Priority: Juvenile

I was departin' from Ouray and headin' into New York when I was hit up by one of the Phantom Boys. Seems he was onto something juicy, so we headed into Texas to look for our roast. Sure enough we found a Navy Siege Cruiser at Houston, accompanied by a Security Forces Fighter!

They didn't waste much time talkin' before they started shootin' so we returned the fire.

Thing is, middle o' the fight, this Rogue shows up in his fancy ship, starts yappin' about how we take his Target, so we decided to engage that Rogue first. Sadly, that Fighter was on me the entire time, so my focus was drawn away from the big ships and that Rogue got our feast and made off with it.

Atleast I managed to take care of that pesky Fighter.

That's all I got for ya' for now.

| X |

:::message_ending:::
<Comm ID>Garter
<Target ID> Xeno Alliance message dump
<Subject> Violent removal

<Report>
Name: Ron Fraser, aka Garter

Report content: Myself, Copperhead and the big boss recorded a light carrier flying through Liberty space like it owned it. We tracked the beast near the Jump Gate to Colorado in New York, but he pulled a Houdini act on us and vanished. Fortunately, a local Hacker decided to take a break from sniffin' Cardamine and inform us of the new location of our interloper, near Manhatten. A normal person would balk at the thought of flying right by the capital planet, but not us. We didn't like what we smelt, and we decided to take out the trash.

Kill cam: Proof of kill
Apologies for the lack of identity proof, but there were plenty of eye witnesses.

All my best,
Ron

Ron, having your first kill be a carrier even if it's one of those dinky Bustards isn't a small achievement. Consider yourself deserving to advance upward and into the rank of juvenile.
[Image: 0MaimpO.gif]

Cottonmouth reporting.

The extensive reconnaissance of Bering have been performed. Uploading visual data:

|x| |x| |x| |x|
|1| |2| |3|

As expected, the system does not contain anything of particular value, except multiple modular installations that have sprouted out while our attention have been diverted elsewhere. As long as these installations do not pose a significant threat to us and are not proven harmful for the movement - i doubt we should take any actions towards them.

On the other hand... Battlecruiser Lehigh have returned to Liberty borders. Previously observed in Kansas, it have at some point fell off the scope, likely - was moved elsewhere. Wherever it was, whatever mission it have carried out there - it have returned, and it's current position is inconvenient.

We should keep an eye out on this one.

~Cottonmouth.