Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule 5.7 and the Trader Exception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
' Wrote:Indeed it should apply to all ship classes- the example is for transports specifically because of the topic title. Credit Loss would also solve the cap spam problem. The penalty should not be brutal but it should be there.

It would just make ganking a requirement for any combat--protect against losses

And your proposal penalizes ships that with low combat abilities. Of course you prefer this kind of thing when you are in a gunboat and your opponent is in a stork, since there is no risk of you dying in that scenario.
No need for death penalty, because it wont stop cap spamn, but can do right oposite. Players, who consider that their skills to low, will take caps, because its naturaly understandable. Most of new a players thinks, that they will have much more chances to survive encounter with other player, flying capital. You already loosing some money for amo after death along with time.

No to credit penalty, loss of cargo, time and right to engage in closest 4 hours but selfdefense is enough punishment. And Del, death is worth 40M , when you're hauling ore. When it's "normal" commodity it's something like 5 -15 M, depends on commodity type.

Quote: No need for death penalty, because it wont stop cap spamn, but can do right oposite. Players, who consider that their skills to low, will take caps, because its naturaly understandable. Most of new a players thinks, that they will have much more chances to survive encounter with other player, flying capital. You already loosing some money for amo after death along with time.

Quote:It would just make ganking a requirement for any combat--protect against losses

And your proposal penalizes ships that with low combat abilities. Of course you prefer this kind of thing when you are in a gunboat and your opponent is in a stork, since there is no risk of you dying in that scenario.
Quote:For traders/smugglers, getting the cargo delivered is a 'win' - NOT winning a fight.
They don't need to come back to a system to avenge themselves, they only come back to pass through, trying to recapture lost profit.

Exactly.

btw.
Quote:"Combat ships can always go looking for a new fight in a new system, if killed."

Nope, it's reengaging.

EDIT: So, abandon that madness idea, or give those all Titanics, Storks etc. 400 speed, CM and protection against cruiser/battleship damages.
' Wrote:Lawful corp traders shouldn't be using jumpholes. In-RP, jump holes aren't well known by the corps anyway, and even those that are known are known to be frequented by pirates.

The wilderness should not be safer to people than the cities. The trade lanes should be well protected and relatively safe, and venturing off where there's no protection should be a good way to get killed. What you're saying is the exact opposite of that, and makes no sense inRP. A corp trader using jump holes is OORP.

There's a corp base in a system without a jumpgate. Vanilla corp NPCs use jumpholes. My main is a corp trader and I use jump holes all the time and there's nothing OORP about it.
I dont like to use jumpholes because most of the time there is nowhere safe to dock near them. I can't dock any of my 3 transports anywhere in Omega-5 for example, so it's just stupid for me to go in there unless server count is low and nobody is around, but probably dont need to go in there at that time either. Omega-11 is almost as bad, one base that is halfway across the sytem. Dresden is the only good one, and that's because the battleship base has 4k firing arcs
Hah, Omega 5 is awful to go to when the server count is low now they filled it with RHGBs. But yeah the vanilla laneless systems are all nice and small so you're only in there 2-3 minutes. Also it helps if your corp can dock Cadiz.
' Wrote:Turns out I have a second point, add to my list of suggested changes, creating a new exemption under the dying rules for traders. Docking doesn't count as death.

There, perfect we now have newbie protection until level 40, co cap rules, no 4h exemption, but a docking exemption for traders, and a buff to transports that means they can run better. That would make everything better. I assure you it would, because I am right.

' Wrote:These things, somebody make them happen.
What bloogaL said ... doubled.

Admin vote on these items - NOW!!! :yahoo:

(Scary, isn't it? In the same thread I've not only agreed with Ryoken, I'm also agreeing and supporting Del.)
' Wrote:One point I wish to raise . Trader death is not 40 million loss. It might be 40 million profit loss, but what you paid is never 40 mil, unless you're a damn fool. Loss is normally between 0 and 5mil depending on what you are hauling.

I want to ask you to get your numbers straight.

Believe me, you do not get any type of ore for 5 million (only if you mine it yourself, which is an entirely differnet topic). I have been playing IMG for long enough to tell you that for sure. Make it 12,5 (2500 / unit) - 25 million buyin (GMG|, H-3). Standard ore prices are about 3,5k / unit in my experience => 17,5 mio.

Soneone who knows.

' Wrote:2nd- add some credit punishment (also 100% possible there are written plugins for it like the first fix- one day work for both) like 10m on the au8 5ker, 30m on transp with cau8 if transport dies.

Seen it on other servers, and this idea has failed on everyone of them. What it does is people log in, look a player list to see where people are, if system empty they trade, if not they log off, and get combat ship. So all it does is promote less RP, not more.

' Wrote:No to credit penalty, loss of cargo, time and right to engage in closest 4 hours but selfdefense is enough punishment. And Del, death is worth 40M , when you're hauling ore. When it's "normal" commodity it's something like 5 -15 M, depends on commodity type.

You funny. On average i lose 200-500K if i die with full cargo. Buy low, and sell high. I make 12mil per trip. People really need to actually "DISCOVER" a little, and stop doing the 3-4 runs every pirate in game know about. Even with ore you demand 40Mil and trader will laugh at you. He will not pay it, you cannot haul it. Chances are he will run/fight/blow it up himself. So fail fail, and FAIL.

' Wrote:There's a corp base in a system without a jumpgate. Vanilla corp NPCs use jumpholes. My main is a corp trader and I use jump holes all the time and there's nothing OORP about it.

Yeah everytime a player tells me using JH's is OORP i just head desk. They need to leave Liberty, and get out more.

' Wrote:What bloogaL said ... doubled.

Admin vote on these items - NOW!!! :yahoo:

(Scary, isn't it? In the same thread I've not only agreed with Ryoken, I'm also agreeing and supporting Del.)

Yeah are you drunk today?:crazy:

I also agree with Del. Put it in place.
Oh yeah, I voted yes. I've traded for literally one billion hours and never been killed by a pirate. If you want to keep going back through the samae system, don't die. It isn't hard. And who even wants that. I go crazy bored if I go through the same system more than once or twice in a session.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24