You have to register before you can post on our site.
» Members: 14,598
» Latest member: Zyron
» Forum threads: 88,880
» Forum posts: 1,392,736
There are currently 110 online users.
» 45 Member(s) | 65 Guest(s)
.Flash., Achille, AshHill07, CadaverCII, Deatlev, Dr.Peter Venkman, DragonRider, Exterminator, Garrett_Jax, GodlyBeast68, good_old_alf, Hans von Goeben, Honky, Izu Riekon, JD.Bane, Johan Galaxy, Just.Dave, Laura C., Lucid.Truth, LunaticOnTheGrass, Mercarryn, Moveit56, Night Owl, Paco_Corleone, Pancakes, Radarade, Redon, Rote Jäger, Safe Haven, sergey, Snak3, spacedragon, Sythe007, Tabris, Tankman, The Mole Miner, Tonto1911, Treewyrm, Tunicle, WPeregrine, Yber, Zyron
| Admin Notice: Community Rules Rewrite - Phase 3
Posted by: aerelm - 11-18-2013 07:57 PM
- Replies (34)
Following the last two phases of the community rules rewrite, the following rules are updated:
Please note that even though the main intent behind these rewrites was to simply and update the existing guidelines, minor adjustments have been made, so please take the time to study the new guidelines.
To explain two of the main changes included in the new writeup:
Among other changes included in the SRP system, owners of approved SRPs now would have to report back with a summary of all the activities of the SRP character since the approval of the original request, once 1 month after the approval, and once 4 months after the approval. The new SRP template also includes a set of short-term and long-term goals for the character. Actually achieving these goals is not required to keep the SRP, but the player is required to actually work toward them and document it on the forums in order to keep the approved privileges. This does not apply to SRPs approved prior to these changes.
With the rewrite of the faction rules, the 30 hours activity requirement is removed, however, factions with less than 5 active members may still be stripped of their official status when necessary - That being when a new faction applies for official status on the same ID, or if a faction goes by for a considerable time with nearly no participation in the server gameplay.
| Admin Notice: System Classification and Faction ZoIs
Posted by: SummerMcLovin - 11-09-2013 02:28 AM
- Replies (45)
With the re-arrangement of systems and introduction of specified Zone of Influence on IDs in 4.87 comes an update to the system classification post in the rules thread.
Systems in bold are considered house space, those in italics are considered part of that category but not house space. We'll use Bretonia as an example:
This also comes with some tidying of IDs' listed ZoIs, and the following additions or removals:
- Bowex IDed players have New London, Cambridge, Dublin, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Dundee, Edinburgh, Poole and Salisbury in their ZoI.
- Junker IDed players cannot commit piracy within the above systems.
- BPA IDed players have these and any system with a jump connection to them.
- Zoner caps cannot dock in New London, Cambridge, Dublin, Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle (unless on Zoner NPC bases), but can in Dundee, Edinburgh, Poole and Salisbury.
- Minnesota removed from RM ID
- Magellan added to GRN ID
- Omega-3 removed from Kruger ID
- Tau-23 replaces "Taus" on GMS ID
- California added to Gaian ID
- Lyonnais added to Farmers Alliance ID
- Coronado added to Liberty Rogue ID
- Leeds added to Lane Hacker ID
- Shikoku added to Xeno ID
- Minnesota removed from Unioner ID
| Discovery 4.87: Conquest - Update 4
Posted by: aerelm - 11-08-2013 05:56 PM
- Replies (141)
Less than a month after update 3 was released, update 4 is finally ready and will be on the update servers shortly. Your Discovery client should automatically download and install this update for you the next time you run the game. Since update 3, we've been adding new features along with fixing as many bugs as possible, and with update 4, a couple of major gameplay changes planned for 4.87 is finally here. With most of the critical bugs fixed, the dev team will be focusing more on implementing the new features with the upcoming updates, and you can expect more new ship models as well as gameplay enhancements with update 5.
Complete list of bug fixes and changes included in update 4:
- New Council VHF model by Durandal.
- New Zoner Osprey VHF model by Jinx.
- New Kusari Container Transport model by Jinx.
- Added ShipRange and FixedMount plugins by adoxa.
- Added ship-based technerf plugin by Massdriver.
- Updated Scanners according to the new plugin.
- Fixed default scanners in ship packages.
- Fixed default scanners in restart templates.
- Freelancer restarts fixed.
- Various ID fixes, including ZoI adjustments.
- Removed Freelancer ID duplicates to simplify ID control.
- Bomber masses standardized.
- Textures on Tanto fixed.
- Raven's Talon rear view fixed.
- Liberator shield hardpoint fixed.
- Tigershark shield hardpoint fixed.
- Arbeiter pilot positioning fixed.
- Civilian Shuttle hardpoints fixed.
- Orca gunboat hardpoints fixed (again).
- Cockpit view on Colossus and Uruz fixed.
- Fixed the incorrectly-oriented cloak effect on Nephilim.
- Nomad Gunboat cargo hold increased.
- Scorpion turret arcs adjusted.
- Spatial cockpit model fixed.
- Osprey changed to SHF with the new model.
- Shishapangma, Komainu & Bullhead engines fixed.
- Removed explosion resistance from Outcasts snubline.
- Added sell points for house civilian guns to every faction base.
- Asco torpedo is now ammo based. Ammo only sold on Brigands and Council bases.
- Added Corsair dispersion cannon (Energy-based fighter torpedo).
- Added Corsair, Outcast and Coalition Light Fighter guns.
- Adjusted class 6 gun stats.
- Added Light Fighter mining gun.
- Ranges on all gunboat turrets adjusted.
- Gunboat Razor, Pulse, Solaris and Cerb adjusted.
- Missiles and Countermeasure stats adjusted.
- Draw distance for Nomad & Wild equipment fixed.
- Wild cloaks added. These cloaks use Nomad Power Cell as permenant fuel.
- Trade lane hitboxes reverted back to normal as per community request.
- Jumpgate loadouts toned down as per community request.
- NPC loadouts toned down to 1/8th of the current stats.
- NPC reputations on various factions fixed.
- Shield mount of NPC BAF gunboats fixed.
- Decreased size of sun corona in Cortez.
- Planet Erie ship dealer fixed.
- Touraine -> Anjou jumphole fixed.
- Battleship Atum commodity dealer fixed.
- Battleship Guillestre ship dealer fixed.
- Kilrea Orbital Station ship dealer fixed.
- Zvezdny Gorodok docking bay doors fixed.
- Lawful snub sellpointss added to Zwickau Depot.
- Lawful snub sellpoints added to Hikone Base.
- Ship sellpoints on Freeports rearranged.
- Fort Etaples station model fixed.
- Removed Neutron Star from Maine.
- Nomad Trial ID readded to Shrine.
- Jump Gate Parts commodity icon fixed.
- Cosmetic changes to Atka Research Station and Evora Shipyard.
- Cosmetic changes to Braunchweig system.
- Various economy fixes.
- Various infocard fixes.
- Various rephack fixes.
- Various technerf fixes.
Also, to answer two questions frequently asked by the community during the past weeks:
ShipRange plugin by adoxa and the scanners rework: With this new plugin, scan range on each scanner is taken into account as well, and each ship will be able to see other ships as far as the stats of the equipped scanner allows, so unlike how it worked until now (Ships and objects appearing on radar at 14k range regardless of the scan range of the equipped scanner) a ship equipped with a scanner allowing scan range of 25k will be able to see ships from 25k away, while a ship equipped with a scanner with 6k scan range will only see ships closer than 6k on the radar.
New techcompat plugin: The new plugin works in addition to the old plugin, and does not replace it. With the new plugin ship-gun combinations can be controlled independent of ID-ship-gun restrictions. Each ship has a set of defined "allowed guns", and if any of those guns are used, the powercore efficiency will be calculated based on the ID, but if any other gun is used, powercore will be reduced to 10% regardless of the ID mounted. Note that this plugin is still in its testing phase and adjustments or reworks should be expected until the final release. A thread will be posted in the rules section shortly with a more thorough explanation of the new plugin.
If the automatic update does not work, the update can be downloaded manually from here
. Unzip the contents of this directory inside your Discovery installation.
| Admin Notice: Community Rules Updated
Posted by: aerelm - 10-15-2013 11:59 AM
- Replies (25)
New revision of the community rules can be accessed here:
The intent behind this rules rewrite was to make the community rules easier to read and follow, so apart from a few minor adjustments to some of the rules, the general rule set of the community is staying the same. Still, please take a few minutes to go through the new set of rules and familiarize yourself with them.
These rules are effective immediately and every member of the community is expected to follow them from now on.
Additionally, see the second post for more updates.
P.S: As you may have noticed, official faction rules have not been changed yet. That part of the new rules revision is still being worked on, and a new notice will be posted when those parts are updated and implemented.