Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got the account approved! Just wanted to say thanks for the immense help, Seth. Really helped me along along a great deal. Got my atrain already (and keep funding the pirates...for the most part), and have helped out one or two decent starter traders to get things running. You guys make the universe flow a lot smoother.
Good to see you're up and running, happy to help, and good to see your account is approved.

Call me if you need any more help!

Seth
' Wrote:Good to see you're up and running, happy to help, and good to see your account is approved.

Call me if you need any more help!

Seth

Nice one Seth.. Power to the Angels!

Enjoy, Orius
Second day on the job. Lots of mining instruction and help with ship buying on a budget. Healed the sick, raised the dead, the usual stuff.

Sass
sorry bout this possibly stupid question, but how do i hold spare weapons on our ships, unmounted, including those we cannot mount? i ask this due to my decision to set up a mobile arms dealer/armoury for all factions willing to pay. however, those unlawfuls that decide to shoot my ship lose the arms privelages. thank you in advance for your help
' Wrote:sorry bout this possibly stupid question, but how do i hold spare weapons on our ships, unmounted, including those we cannot mount? i ask this due to my decision to set up a mobile arms dealer/armoury for all factions willing to pay. however, those unlawfuls that decide to shoot my ship lose the arms privelages. thank you in advance for your help

You don't really have a choice. If you can't mount 'em, then you will have to defend yourself, or stay close to a safe place.
Shift: 16:00 - 17:30ish

I met a lot of great pilots today including: The_Serenity, Shadow-Talon, =SoW=GrimReaper, Off.Tanja.Henckler, Captain_Obvious, FR-O'neil, Royce.Bryant, and BHG|Core-Megiddo.

In fact, a big thanks to BHG|Core-Megiddo for helping a new Disco pilot get started in a career as a bounty hunter.

During my shift I helped two pilots get started mining helium, advised on best location to sell deuterium, advice on ship upgrades after the Rhino, jumphole locations, rule clarification on guns and matching ship with ID, gave some money away to the needy, and gave out some good beginning trade routes between Liberty and Kusari.

All in all, a happy day in Disco-ville.

Angel Sass
Shift: 16:00 - 18:03 or so

I met some more great pilots today including: Neesi'D, (>Pheonix<), xANGELx, and Matt (something) forgot the rest of his name, but nice fellow. He had played Disco a year ago and just came back.

Helped several pilots on the joys and path to riches of mining helium, advice on ship upgrades after the Rhino--especially the Camara Freighter, gave more money away to the needy, and gave out some good intermediate trade routes between Liberty and Bretonia. This one is very nice:

Planet Manhattan -> Planet New London: luxury consumer goods
Planet New London -> Battleship Hood: mining machinery
Battleship Hood -> Fort Bush: gold
Fort Bush -> Planet Manhattan: h-fuel

I checked on the profitability of mining copper in Colorado, but it's still not good.

All in all, another happy day in Disco-ville.

Angel Sass
Hey Sass,

Where is the Camara sold again? It's a frequent question I get asked...

Seth
Dude. If you read my Angel guide you would know. But in the meantime, Planet Pittsburgh and Planet Hamburg.