Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shift: 02:00 - 04:18

I pulled another swing shift tonight and it was rather busy in Pennsylvania. Met some awesome pilots including: Sara.Quinns (future Order pilot), the mining team Xeros and Alocer, -John_Holden-, HaTE.LOgic, and the enlightening [TAZ]Pineal.Enhancer--don't forget my amulet.

I learned something new tonight, there are no Order bribes. Grab them missions Sara.

Angel Sass
Hmmm, I think i saw hat logic around. Anyway, I was on my angel for a half hour maybe, but before that i was helping someone set up discovery for about an hour. Then I hopped in game to help him start out with some helium mining.

I helped out Redgar with some trade information and the rename command.

Told L.. somebody where he could find mining lasers... Why arent they in Pennsylvania again? Anyway... Then I logged out and typed this, Huzzah!
Well, tonight I went from 2:30 GMT to 4:30.

I helped a new guy who had a rough start rules wise figure out how to use the FL interface, what ships to buy and i even accompanied him on the baffin route. I encouraged him to post on the forums as well, in -XO-'s newbie help for RP thread. He was a very satisfied customer.

I spoke with jumper again, he is doing very well now, lvl 50 even. He and a bunch of friends play together and pool their resources, sounds very congenial.

On the way back to Pennsylvania i heard someone saying "you cant do that" in NY. He said he was killed, he was an underlevel. I asked who killed him and spoke to that person ( i think i might have death msg's off, had better turn those on again). I talked to the person, wh didnt seem to have a good grasp of English. He said people took them the wrong way? Not sure what he meant but I asked him to try to not anger people, which he said he didnt do.

Backing in Penn someone accused me of speed modding and invis moding and cheating. I explained it was just a special ship, though he didnt seem to believe me. Xeros tried to help me, not sure if the player got the message in the end.

Then i helped xeros with the givecash command and helped Blaziken figuring out what NPC faction he wanted to be in. I disconnected in the middle of that convo and when I came back he was gone.

I came back and explained some of the chat commands to another new player and explained the rules about OOC in system chat and told someone else where to get the camera ship, who was going to use it responsibly.

Then I wrote this.

I am tired now.
Message To: Sass
Comm ID: Pam
Vessel: [TAZ]Pineal.Enhancer

I promptly went through a bunch of paperwork, still have a few more pages to fill out and I will be back with a Shiney new Pineal Amulet just for you. Actually, I will be bringing you a few to distribute among the Angels. Good work with John the other night Sass. My respect.

Pam signing off.
Shift: a long one

The swing shift again tonight. Met more awesome pilots including: snake, Kyle.Dejiou, Tyler_Francisco, Vestige.of.Hope, Rodent, A.Poisoned.Gift, and Whiskey-Jack.

Helped setup snake as a brand new trader with the Rhino, class 4 shield, and took him on the Baffin run. Explained how to fly in formation, trade money, concept of trading commodities, how IDs work, and who the evil Phantoms were. Also pointed out the Xeno, Copperhead, who is doubly evil.

Provided info on joining the Keepers, what the "Fl" rank stood for on some RM ships, an easy trade run to Kusari, and who the heck the Angels were. Angels just might be evil too.

Angel Sass

*Hey Chucc, tks*
Did 45 minutes or so tonight. Helped with freighters and cap ships and Gallia, oh my!

Anyway, not gonna write a big thing about it as i am tired and going to bed. Good luck to everyone whom I talked to.
Just did about 2 hours. Helped with questions ranging from multiple battleships to ID technology usage, to the new names for the old models (with a little help from the disco help channel, thanks ben and n00blet). Helped someone who had never played a multiplayer online space game before get started and figure out what to do. Dealt with an overkilling situation in new york and asked a bunch of people to quit OORPing in system chat.

Busy, busy.

Oh, and 3 or 4 people msg'd me and said "I didnt know you were an angel!" to all of you,:P

That is all.
The day before yesterday I did an hour, not too many people to help then, tonight I have done an hour and a half, oriented a new player, this was the 2nd say he had played on the server and the first time he had played on an RP server. I talked to him about communication conventions, trade vs. mining and ship choice.
even an old timer like me had a couple of questions tonight =P

Taz was the first angel i've seen online since 48.5 released.
I was on today for a rather short while.

Rather peaceful, no-one needed help, or no-one wanted it more appropriately.

Edit: I was posting before Tenacity's post and my post is in no way, shape or form a response to his.