Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a itty bitty shift a few minutes ago, only about 30 minutes.

i pimped my rhino XD now if glows really bright white and flash's ^-^

but any way, i announced my self in new york and i had a pleasant person player that asked me if the angels assisted "bad people" as well, and of course i said we would assist anyone with any problem they may be facing.

I also flew too Erie where i saw one player using =) in system chat, i Pm'ed the player and he apologized and we had a fun conversation, in role play, using the *<emotion/action>*

and then i finished my shift.

-Kiori
Pulled a 30 minute shift on Friday.

Was hard, people contacted me all the time.

Covered OOC chatter and OoRP references, talked to people who wanted to help, talked about AI RP, and a few other things.

I sorted all things out but one, and that was a person refusing to cut out OOC chatter in system, I think. It could borderline on RP, if he made more of an effort.

Either way, done and dusted. Will do another one soon.
Well my first shift went beautiful. I managed to pull 2 hours out of it. The amount of people asking for help was alot less than I expected, I helped a nice fellow who was having problems with the /givecash command, and now he knows how to work it. Also someone asked me how to become a nomad, I pointed them in the right direction, as well as what he should do himself.

The rest of the shift I spent attending the LPI Ceremony.
Pulled a shift last night.

An hour or so.

No-one really wanted help at first, but then someone contacted me about transports and ID's.

Then got a question about AI's and realised I was talking to the same guy on Skype. XD.:lol:

A few more small questions, and it got hectic near the end. (People asking questions via private and people greeting in local and system.)

But, I handled it, pulled my shift and logged off.

(Also, yes, I am now faction leader with Bear as 2IC/Advisor.)

Edit: This is regarding the below post and to avoid spamming. I have no problems with Troy remaining in the chat, as long as he does not reveal certain chat contents and adheres to the chat rules, etc. (Same rules as before really.)
Ladies and gentlemen of the Angels, I have decided to retire. I do not believe that I am... "fit" to be the leader of the Angels, nor an Angel at all. I will probably continue to hang around in the chat, if n00bl3t (who is the new faction leader) will allow me, as you are still the most awesome group of people on the entire server, without a doubt. I thank you for making my time in the Angels wonderful, and I wish you all the pleasant spreading of angelic cheer throughout the Discovery Gaming Community.

Cheers,
--Troy
Sorry to here that, Kaz. At least you'll be on our chit-chat :3

Either way,

Made a 30min shift this morning. Didn't had much to do nor many people were online. However, I AM looking forward to help players.

Yesterday I thought what to do with my useless credits. I decided to hand them over for Angels. Every account has restrictions. Is 200 mil acceptable for [Angels] Swift.Foundation?

Robert Pirx
[Image: Angel%20Wings%20-%20aerelm.png]
[font=Book Antiqua]Seems I forgot to Post here about it, So just to let people know:
- This will be my last Post in this Message Dump for now -
I've already left the faction due to certain RL[size=small]™
Issues.
I'll try to reapply when I get the RL sorted out and
find more time to put on In-Game stuff.

Till then, Congrats to New Angels & Good Luck.
And to the rest of Angels, Keep up the Good work.
' Wrote:Yesterday I thought what to do with my useless credits. I decided to hand them over for Angels. Every account has restrictions. Is 200 mil acceptable for [Angels] Swift.Foundation?

Robert Pirx

It is more than acceptable, thank you.

However, my mistake before, it is [Angel]Swift.Foundation
Just did another 2 hour shift :yahoo:
Alot more people needed help, and asked for it. Forming mining in Penn, to getting rid of unwanted IFF's. I got into a group by two players, one of which was helping the other, they just needed someone to give them some info on ships, good to see other players helping each other.

@ Kaz, Sorry to hear that, though I haven't really spoken to you at all, but I wish I do in the future.

@ Shame aerelm as you were the very first person I actually spoke to when I joined Disco, you helped me out alot !