Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Archys Portal Of Discovery 4.85
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi all :D
I have spent near 2500 hours on Archy's and find it just like playing on a mates LAN link,
Mostly anything goes, pure freedom, just have to remember it is public.
Admin do the best they can to keep things fair and family friendly, without laying down the law unless
warrented.
There is a good base of regular players who compete in PvP and races and there are always system FFA's going on somewhere. Though small this server stands out as one of those good things in little packages type.
Well done Archy and keep up the good work:)
' Wrote:Hi Reaper (follower of Jools)
Yes I am a real bad admn to those who disobey the small number of rules we have!
:cool:

I dun know a Reaper, but whatev's. Nor a Jools, I just know a trollah when I see one, as far as I'm concerned Admins don't go and Flame everyone who they don't like

Hell, even "Jools" wasn't flaming, he said he even liked the server at one point.
' Wrote:I dun know a Reaper, but whatev's. Nor a Jools, I just know a trollah when I see one, as far as I'm concerned Admins don't go and Flame everyone who they don't like

Hell, even "Jools" wasn't flaming, he said he even liked the server at one point.

Not flaming the truth and who started?:P
Anyways it doesnt matter, those with brains wont be fooled and will come and see for themselves.:)

Gday Smurth mate! Good to see ya aaaaalll the way over here:)
and good to see some new peeps from here come over and play, it's been fun:)
Hi There Everybody

I have played on Archy site since April of this year and registered the same day as Jools, And although I had no problems with Jools in game (whichever clan he was in) and even went to bat for him with Administration because I was led to believe he was being victimized, I did end up frustrated at his attitude regarding system battles, I do not join clans or participate in system battles, nor do I involve myself in squabbles over petty issues, I trade and do missions and I will always give new players any advice they want and a financial (6mill) leg-up to get started, But I wont assist anyone to pirate or attack another player, If some-one attacks my traders thats another story.
Jools (or as I called him 'the man of a thousand names) got fixated on what he believed to be a cure for the lag issues that sometimes occurred during system events, and got offended when warned not to overstep bounds after repeatedly being told that the solution was being worked on, after all ADMIN is ADMIN and they have a job to do. and in a reply to Hello my name is Johnny. play on the server before you comment please. just pm me in game (Acebaby-Thraag-Kantos_Kan) and I will start you off on a great server.

I hope that I have made the situation clearer, I have no axe to grind with any of the protagonists, and I hope Jools has found a server he can be happy on,

Good Trading, Have Fun and see you in space (one day I hope)

Thraag :)
Just a postscript
Jools was also known as Nootered_Goat (like someones avatar on this page)
and Jools = John

might just be a coincidence:)
Hi Thraag

Nice balanced post just be mindful matie I'm only out to put myself in the doghouse

I had been playing on Archy's in one form or another for 3 years I think, I started playing on disco 4.85 on Archys the same day it went up hell I even refused admin because i think it makes you a bit weird (looks at fae's posts on this thread) lol

Just for the record I have no issue with Archy's sever nor the lag :cool:

I only put myself into this position for telling a admin (also the leader of the only rival clan) to stop pestering our new recruits with registering on there forums (such things where only needed for system battles and they never really had one anyway)

Also this same admin changed the rules on my clan in the middle of 3 events all to suit his or hers desired out comes all within a week under these sorts of conditions I think most normal players would ask themselves the question?

ie 1.3 just an idea

As there has only been One Archy portal admin replying on this forum so far I think it shows the servers problem well but Im not out to affend :)

Discovery 4.85 is truly a wonderful mod that inspires the best sorts of players and Archy's portal is one of the better severs with its relaxed rules and fair game policy

If your like me and just want to play for fun well you can make up your own minds

' Wrote:Hi Thraag

Nice balanced post just be mindful matie I'm only out to put myself in the doghouse

I had been playing on Archy's in one form or another for 3 years I think, I started playing on disco 4.85 on Archys the same day it went up hell I even refused admin because i think it makes you a bit weird (looks at fae's posts on this thread) lol

Just for the record I have no issue with Archy's sever nor the lag :cool:

I only put myself into this position for telling a admin (also the leader of the only rival clan) to stop pestering our new recruits with registering on there forums (such things where only needed for system battles and they never really had one anyway)

Also this same admin changed the rules on my clan in the middle of 3 events all to suit his or hers desired out comes all within a week under these sorts of conditions I think most normal players would ask themselves the question?

ie 1.3 just an idea

As there has only been One Archy portal admin replying on this forum so far I think it shows the servers problem well but Im not out to affend :)

Discovery 4.85 is truly a wonderful mod that inspires the best sorts of players and Archy's portal is one of the better severs with its relaxed rules and fair game policy

If your like me and just want to play for fun well you can make up your own minds

Yes there is only one admin replying, you are so clever and dont worry about Thraag, he's done nothing.
Mr. Big Shot was highly surprised he was disqualified in an event for F1ing (several witnesses) and it started from there. With mulitple forum account spamming all the way to this. Rules were not changed and your lies mean nothing. Of course someone who breaks rules so often hates an admin being on all the time. You winging and crying about it over here does nothng but show your age. Get over it.
Anyone is welcome to come to our great server and ask the great community we have, about anything.:)
' Wrote:Yes there is only one admin replying, you are so clever and dont worry about Thraag, he's done nothing.
Mr. Big Shot was highly surprised he was disqualified in an event for F1ing (several witnesses) and it started from there. With mulitple forum account spamming all the way to this. Rules were not changed and your lies mean nothing. Of course someone who breaks rules so often hates an admin being on all the time. You winging and crying about it over here does nothng but show your age. Get over it.
Anyone is welcome to come to our great server and ask the great community we have, about anything.:)

Howdy all - Tex here, admin on Archy's (now there are two replying)

I kind of only came across this, which is why I haven't commented earlier. I don't really have the time to search the internet looking for posts about Archy's server - so probably why only 1 admin has replied. But now you got my attention.

I started out my freelancer online career on Archy's. I have seen good things and a few bad things as well. But I certainly love it there. The events are sporatic, you never know when one will happen and Jools - you have been a huge part in that too, in a good way. I take my hat off to you as you have created most of the chases and helped organise races and such. Just when it came to system battles it seems like the tide has turned a bit.

But my opinion on Archy's is this. At my first experience I was given credits to upgrade my ship to a better one. I didn't experience that on any other server. It is a small server so not many peeps on but it grew. To the point that there were days I couldn't get on the server it was full. Random events are awesome there and new races are being mapped and plotted. Also new type of events too.

Admins there have a job, and it not easy as the server is really relaxed. Lots of angry peeps out there especially when they lose a load of admirals or expensive cargo. But it is a game.

As for rules changes. Recently on a race we called Satan's Path we had to change a few rules as there was a way to cheat on it. So rules need to be changed, especially if the event is new. I believe the technical world calls it "Beta testing". Even then, not all the bugs are out.

Jools - lots of love for ya man, you helped me out in more ways than one. But Admins have a job to do on ANY server. That includes changing rules on events to make it more fair. So whatever rules Fae changed it wasn't for his benefit but for that of that event. The players on Archys play there cause they like it. That is credit to the other players, the game play and the whole "atmosphere" of it. I hope we as admins contribute to this.

I have gas-bagged enough ............................ MY CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Hey Tex

Nice balanced post mate and always good to hear from ya

you like me know the issues mate just a shame there's no one with the time to fix them and yes I know your admin so your sort of obligated to defend the server even in its current state

full respect mate :)

Actually, this AWESOME goat, is based off of my old WoW character named Failgoat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7