Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Archys Portal Of Discovery 4.85
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
' Wrote:Hey Tex

Nice balanced post mate and always good to hear from ya

you like me know the issues mate just a shame there's no one with the time to fix them and yes I know your admin so your sort of obligated to defend the server even in its current state

full respect mate :)

Just to be clear.

True I am Admin on Archy's but I also call it how I see. I am under no obligation to defend Archy's. There is really nothing to defend because there is nothing wrong with Archy's at all. It's current state is that all the players that play on that server like it.

The events are cool, the responses have been nothing but positive. And yes there may be a few here and there that don't like the way things are run. But what server doesn't have that?? Can't make everyone happy.

Apologies to the admins here. Not sure if this is suppose to have been a defend/bash Archy's Portal thread. From the start it seemed like it wasn't (from what I have read) then the posts started to get a bit aggressive towards Archy's.
Hi Guys

wow havent seen any activity here for a while I use to play on archys six months ago well maybe less as apart of a clan just when we where building up they admin banned our clan leader for resons im still not sure I understand anyway this preaty much made it imposable for us to continue as there rules state that clan leaders had to post in order to claim systems so most of us abandoned the server lol I even told jools to leave oh well maybe next time you will listen mate :P

hell I dont know why he still botherd to play

so guys say what you will im no fan of the portal, im curently playing eve while im waiting for something with a better pvp and a good game engine to come out
I used to be start my careier in this server... I fly as a Lane Haker and Trader... but becouse my high pings to Australia and many disconnects I was forced to leave this server:(

kudos to all people who help me... and sorry If I blow Your ship:P
I played on the Aussie server because I'm Australian, so it is great to have a server as such:)After trying it for a bit I don't go on it much, mostly due to the fact that I was told in the server not to talk about the storyline or do any RP, which for me, in a game like Freelancer, is really important (i.e. Liberty v Rheinland, etc), not to mention enjoying using the ID's. So because of that the only real reason I could see to play there was just to shoot stuff, which I can do anywhere really; or wait for a few friends to get on just to have fun.

Hence kudos on a good server, its a great place to have fun with a few friends.
' Wrote:I played on the Aussie server because I'm Australian, so it is great to have a server as such:)After trying it for a bit I don't go on it much, mostly due to the fact that I was told in the server not to talk about the storyline or do any RP, which for me, in a game like Freelancer, is really important (i.e. Liberty v Rheinland, etc), not to mention enjoying using the ID's. So because of that the only real reason I could see to play there was just to shoot stuff, which I can do anywhere really; or wait for a few friends to get on just to have fun.

Hence kudos on a good server, its a great place to have fun with a few friends.

There are absolutely no restrictions on role playing on my server.. as a matter of fact it is encouraged.. it's just not forced upon you. The idea is freedom to play as you see fit..

We have clan wars, which is a kind of role play.. where the clans fight for ownership of various systems. Alliances are made and broken.. and the forums are used to facilitate interaction among the clans.

The website fell victim to hackers.. but we have finally installed new forum software and are busy rebuilding our community..

We are looking forward to the release of the new version of the discovery mod, which we will install and start our universe afresh..
Ill come over and have a look, will be nice to have a low ping and no lag again.
Some information on what we have been having fun with lately in the events side of things.

Races have been very successful, so much in fact a league of the 'best of the best' racers needed to be created! Do you have what it takes! Come and find out!
Archys Promo tutorial vid created by one of our very own league racers.

Portal Loot as described along a list of items of interest with amount of loot required by a member with this
new PORTAL currency and what is available to purchase in the Event Exchange

New PvP events - ,
Trade Rumours - ,
hunts (Fox and Rabbit chases) and anything else we can think of including the
Capture, Hold Remember - are just some of the laughs we have been having.
:nyam:
Reading this highly esteemed thread for Archy's Portal server it saddens me that some rouge prospects have chosen to bring their dirty laundry into this great Discovery Mod Forum.
It is not my place to discuss these things so I'll leave it well alone.
I will however give you a little history on my own experiences on Archys Portal.

I would like to say from my impartial obervations as a now long term player on the Archy Freelancer Community.
This is one of the best places to begin when it comes to networking.
As you start out undocking with your star flier in Pensylvania you are greeted with no shortage of helpful and friendly players.
Willing to help you out in anyway imaginable.
Whether it be trade routes to quicky earn an easy credit or perhaps a 'Good v1be' donation from a friendly stranger you happen to pass by in New York.
The overwealming sense of pride and joy players get from helping each other out is a mervelous thing to observe.

Now I have played on many a server in my day.
My history on Freelancer goes back to the dark old ages of Freelancer 1.0 (December 2003) with the plain Vanilla server on a now dead Community Server called "Cursed Earth".
I used to hang out in Omicron Gamma at Planet Crete and be sparing one challenger after another while flying to Omicron Theta for a breather at the Free Port 9 bar.
I have played the 'Cursed Earth' Freelancer Server along with many, many other modifications of the Freelancer Game and never came accross the same love and affection for Community and spirit I feel when I log into Archy's Portal each and everyday.

I may only be a humble spud but I know a good thing when I see it. I know what my long and rebellious history in playing this great 'EPIC' game of Freelancer has given me the privilidge to know.
That Community and the v1be or putting it another way a feelings of good nature and good will are the key to members on the Community having fun.
With a good spirit and happy self content forgoing any niggles of so called minor server indiscrepancies which are all part of the learning process when it comes to keeping the server fresh and hyp.
So us mere 'peasents' can be happy and gaming long into the night. (With the worry of work or some aparant exam in the morning a long and distant memory...lol).:laugh:

We have a devoted family of very hard working and talented Community I affectionatly call the "Haeven of Archy".
A place for friends and new time players to mingle and pass along stories of their travels and adventures when they pour themselves their next drink at the Bar.

My understanding of the word 'Perfection' is not something that is given to you on a silver platter all ready for you to make do as you see fit.
No, it's not that entirely, it's a long, never ending journey with the support of the wider Community on how to keep things interesting and fresh for those of us who have been around for a while and need a little lemon twist thrown into the mix.
These things come with experience and with time a near enough equivilent of perfection will be achieved.

Life is always full of hope and with these words the Community and Family of Archy's Portal have a very bright future indeed.
Full of love and respect from everyon who calls it home.

Thank you for listening.

P.S:
I have been on Archys Portal since at least early December 2009 and with everything that I have been privilidged to experience and admire.
I am 10/10 happy with the Administration of the Server and beleive whatever choices are made are done in the spirt of what is best for the Community as a whole.
Well being in australia I desided to give archys another go recently but im affraid its still lagy for me (mostly in combat) even with a good adsl 2 conection and low ping I'll stay with these guys:)

(much bigger comunity too) hehe

on this sever i get a ping of around 300 but it seems more playable than archys with a 60 ping due to lag spikes is archys a dedicated sever or is it doing other apps as well maybe?

Archys Portal is now running the new 486 mod.
The server will remain open until Friday 6th January for testing with the new mod. All accounts will then be wiped and the server will start again at the expected opening time of 7pm (Friday 6th).

This will be an opportunity for everyone to start on a level playing field.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7