Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An extreme decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(12-23-2016, 02:42 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: [ -> ]An extreme decision indeed. I wonder how it will affect the rate at which new players join our community. The current TRIAL permissions are quite limiting and off putting and I wonder how many people will be ready to wait the needed time to get approved to join into the real fun of Discovery. With my current mindset of what Freelancer is I probably wouldn't put much hours into the game if I am limited to just Pennsylvania and being unable to interact with other players in many ways. Though at the same time it is an extreme decision for an extreme problem and if being at stage where constant attempts of blatant hacking are being made I guess it's a lesser evil than being afraid to undock.

Either way I guess we are yet to see how all this will play out. I remember back in the days when I had some interest in FLHook dev stuff I wanted to check the anti-cheat system but saw that it wasn't openly sourced (for a good reason obviously) so I'm uncertain how much can be done in the way of actual anti-cheat measures.

im agreed with blood , i afraid that " penns driving around" for a new players just "be bored"for them and they will easily give up rom FL and never discover true discovery Smile
It takes sometimes a while for admins to approve a new forum account.
And now this? I dont think this would be a 5 min thing. More like a few days waiting.
(12-23-2016, 03:04 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]It takes sometimes a while for admins to approve a new forum account.
And now this? I dont think this would be a 5 min thing. More like a few days waiting.

It's not ideal, but that's the extent we have to go to have a playable game.
Well, what do you want us to do then?
It's an interesting solution, though the confinement period would need a strike a balance between putting off cheaters yet keeping the interest geniunely new players. Perhaps the ability to visit the capital systems with the trial auth after a set period?
(12-23-2016, 03:12 PM)Croft Wrote: [ -> ]It's an interesting solution, though the confinement period would need a strike a balance between putting off cheaters yet keeping the interest geniunely new players. Perhaps the ability to visit the capital systems with the trial auth after a set period?

It's always possible to revise the system to be slightly more permissive for trial players, we will see.
If TRIAL players won't be able to damage others, would MEMBER players be able to damage them?
I think with all the restrictions on the trial the not leave pensylvania is kind of pointless
(12-23-2016, 03:10 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Well, what do you want us to do then?

More staff, or even a dedicated 'Token Team'
Perhaps restrict the Trial Account to the Liberty systems that way they have room for in house trading and a higher potential for a RP encounter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18