Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An extreme decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
This just can't be good.
No matter what D&G are doing to the server, they would eventually become bored and would leave that.
Yet this system would stay. And I can easily see how it can be used, so the "lawful" members of community would get their tokens almost instantly, while "quasilawfuls" would have their access limited to Trial for weeks if not months.

I'm asking patience from administration team. Just wait and cheaters will go, just like DPC vanished/converted before.
In order to keep new players spending time until they get their token, we could work with incentives.

Once you have your token (which should be like a first milestone) your ship gets upgraded automatically, and you receive not only "the normal rights" (like the commands, etc), but some money to help you get into the real game quicker.
(12-23-2016, 04:34 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Some of them might assume to be a member you need to pay
we would be adding a message explaining the differences about the two accounts/membership type

(12-23-2016, 04:34 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Idea: what about allowing trial players to be able to fly anywhere and able to talk and RP, but they cannot shoot anyone, they cannot dock anywhere besides in Penn, and they cannot purchase anything?

It would be like... you can explore the server and RP with anyone, but you cannot interact besides that.

Probably not the best solution that I came up with, but i think it is better than having new players stuck in penn together and "suffocate" as someone mentioned.
The system limitation is mostly in place to prevent player who cheat to interact with other members: kill them or flood the market
(12-23-2016, 05:29 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]What will happen to shared ships?

Nothing?
a trial account will mostly get beamed to penny and be limited as said in topic, another account(not trial) will be able to fly the ship out of penny and not be restricted in any ways, if a trial account will log afterwards the said limitation will apply again
(12-23-2016, 05:29 PM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: [ -> ]So for any new ship I make it will be trial'd and I have to get it approved? Or is it matched with my accounts and given member positions?

you will have to put a token argument in the launcher so it doesn't matter what assets you have or you may have in the future

thank you for attending some of the questions (happy)
(12-23-2016, 06:09 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]we would be adding a message explaining the differences about the two accounts/membership type
With more of those messages coming, can we please get an option now (launcher checkbox or ingame command) at least to turn these messages off and just leave the ones that inform about events?
It's actually pretty impressive that they're still up to that. That is a longer commitment to being dicks than most people give to their routine lives. I have known people married for less time than all this.

PS Is it okay to call them names based on the current opinion on 1.2 as they are not players?

PPS Tractor.
(12-23-2016, 06:11 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2016, 06:09 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]we would be adding a message explaining the differences about the two accounts/membership type
With more of those messages coming, can we please get an option now (launcher checkbox or ingame command) at least to turn these messages off and just leave the ones that inform about events?

Messages related to trial level will only be seen by people with trial level. They'll show up as popups similar to the mission data window.
(12-23-2016, 06:23 PM)farmerman Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually pretty impressive that they're still up to that. That is a longer commitment to being dicks than most people give to their routine lives. I have known people married for less time than all this.

PS Is it okay to call them names based on the current opinion on 1.2 as they are not players?

PPS Tractor.

You make an incredible point... So I could technically call them whatever... *gets out list of trolls and remarks being held since 2007*
(12-23-2016, 06:23 PM)farmerman Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually pretty impressive that they're still up to that. That is a longer commitment to being dicks than most people give to their routine lives. I have known people married for less time than all this.

PPS Tractor.

They are stacking servers like they stack women. Smile
(12-23-2016, 02:18 PM)Wizard. Wrote: [ -> ]Cheater can also be patient,wait as long as it take to cheat properly...
If server's anti-cheat can't detect cheat we are in trouble-token or not...
Can we ( i mean stuff) do something more about detection?

I guess not answering my question it's an answer itself.

I honestly don't mean to be Mr."coup is half empty" here but we're in serious trouble .
Token system won't solve anything. It can't fix this. It just can't.
All it can do is make cheaters spend some more time changing IP,registering new forum acc.
reinstalling the game...he will get his trial token,after little time become full member and do it again.
And again...and again...and there goes DiscoFL.

I saw many cheaters come and go,evan whole groups of them but in my 7 years here this is
the first time server is actually in danger.
I'm afraid only thing that can fix this is a proper anti cheat defense.
So again-can we somehow have better anti cheat?

Wizard, let's give this method a chance, if it fails, they / we, will think of something else.
If we see players exploding out of thin air in about a week, then I am sure we're in a bigger mess. Let's give this method a chance and see how it goes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18