Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An extreme decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(12-23-2016, 02:02 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]A positive change, but one thing I'd suggest is to make new players having to wait anywhere between 2 weeks and 1 month before they can get full membership access. The reason is simple - a cheater can pretend to be a new player, ask for a token immediately and start ruining the fun for others much quicker than what he could do if you implement the time restriction. You could also check what that new player has done in the time he was on the server and see if he's suspicious or not.

Cheater can also be patient,wait as long as it take to cheat properly...
If server's anti-cheat can't detect cheat we are in trouble-token or not...
Can we ( i mean stuff) do something more about detection?
Also curious how we should interact with such players?
Imagine some RP with 2 members in Penny. Then a TRIAL player comes along and keeps firing on one or both of the members.
Ignore it? RP-Consequence it and engage on him? Other than that, I'm all for it.
If it keeps us from getting booter-bunged, I'm all aboard.
When will this situation finish? I thought to play in the server MOSTLY in those holidays, not to be bored! I wanted to enjoy my holidays with yours! Not with.... NOBODY! Now should we be paranoid for the first guy that loses his time to annoy us? Why should this server be a target for various "kidhackers" or as we italians name "Hackers bimbiminkia"!?
I don't right know what could I do in this time! Mah!
Did not checked the full thread, but I have a question. Is registration on forum is obligatory now? Or I/My friend/my cat can use Skype or Discord?
A forum account will be required to request the token.
According to me, an excellent decision.
Ofcourse, some people will continue to try to cheat, and in those cases some punishment will be in order.
Even in some extreme cases legal prosecution if necessary, because what is happening now is really over the limit.
A couple of people causing trouble for everyone and even continue to do so , ruining nice gameplay during the Christmas vacation , cannot be allowed...
Can a member have more than one token if they play on multiple PCs, for security reasons, or is it a token per user thing?
It might be an interesting move. Also gives those Angels the job.
An extreme decision indeed. I wonder how it will affect the rate at which new players join our community. The current TRIAL permissions are quite limiting and off putting and I wonder how many people will be ready to wait the needed time to get approved to join into the real fun of Discovery. With my current mindset of what Freelancer is I probably wouldn't put much hours into the game if I am limited to just Pennsylvania and being unable to interact with other players in many ways. Though at the same time it is an extreme decision for an extreme problem and if being at stage where constant attempts of blatant hacking are being made I guess it's a lesser evil than being afraid to undock.

Either way I guess we are yet to see how all this will play out. I remember back in the days when I had some interest in FLHook dev stuff I wanted to check the anti-cheat system but saw that it wasn't openly sourced (for a good reason obviously) so I'm uncertain how much can be done in the way of actual anti-cheat measures.
>have to ask an Admin for a token

Sounds like a way to make the process super-dee-duper slow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18