Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining Revamp Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I would like to support Impys idea. Maybe as another easy mining that doesn't yield tons of profit. I would love to have secondary mining that doesn't yield much just for the rp or to just do something completely different. For that it would be less difficult and easy available it shouldn't give the big ore profits.
(08-02-2017, 02:11 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to have regular scrap as a commodity again, able to be mined in Texas and / or in New London at the large scrap field there?

That was the main part we wanted to have again.

Two mining fields, one with 4.0 droprate, one with 2.0 droprate while being closer to the sellpoint, so we have it balanced.

Don't ask me why, but it looks like Teerin and Xoria threw this idea away, because reasons. (I have no clue why)

In the end, as I told you, and almost everyone else in this community, this was the main plan, but it looks like that the main plan was a bad idea.

Edit: Xoria answers to normal scrap is a no, because you can't have commodities which are buyable at npc bases and mineable. (Sounds like it would be to hard to remove the scrap buypoints, even if we don't have any.)
Another question: Why is ALG the primary and EFL only the secondary miners of Ignitable Toxic Waste (the one minded in Île-de-France) and not the other way around?

I understand that in Sirius ALG is the most proficient waste disposal company, but there was waste disposal in Gallia before the introduction of ALG to the house a mere few years ago, probably handled by EFL, plus the waste is the result of technology ALG was only introduced to at most a mere few years ago while EFL had a lot more chances to adapt to when dealing with waste disposal.

I'm pretty sure those settings should be the other way around.
"Xoria answers to normal scrap is a no, because you can't have commodities which are buyable at npc bases and mineable"

Are you sure this is correct? I'm asking because not only is this not true of regular scrap metal (you dont buy it from npc bases nor does it even currently have routes set up) but at the same time pretty much every tier 3 commodity except for helium and alien organisms are going to be mineable and bought at the same time. Tier 3 is also missing oxygen, for what that's worth.

edit : can we have invergordon as a pscrap buypoint, mostly for roleplay purposes
Beautiful. Exactly what we asked for all those months ago. WIll be a good source of RP, activity, and, just as importantly, credits. Lawfuls will log to raid us - will be good all round. I'm also very happy with the sellpoints. Will turn Bering into a prime activity spot.
I'd love to see Water's return as mineable commodity - but "mineable" by all IDs. As silly as it sounds, "mining" water would be actually a low-tier job for anyone around the Sirius - and doesn't yeld much money and has no major role, except for POB supplying. I'd love to play a small Freelancer freighter which supplies POBs with water via scrubbing water out of asteroids all around such fields to make a living.

Seriously, it doesn't yeld that much money. But it's for RP purposes and sense of immersion that you are the Water Scrubber.
I've spoken with Teerin, who suggested posting here:

I'd like to make a case for Cryer Pharmaceuticals to get a mining bonus for Cryo Organisms. The reason for such a request is Cryer's interest in Alien Organisms of which multiple infocards back up the RP of Cryer being heavily interested in such.

Atka's infocard: "The Atka Research Center was constructed by Cryer Pharmaceuticals to study the Alien Organisms commonly found in the Edge clouds. Cryer is intensely interested in the commercial applications of these Organisms because they have proven useful in several phases of terraforming."

Freeport 9's Inforcard: "while Cryer Pharmaceuticals has shown an intense interest in the Alien Organisms that colonize many of the asteroids in the system. "

While Cryer is not a mining faction, given their interest in such seems like it should warrant some bonus for Cryer to mine/collect Alien/Cryo Organisms on their own for study on Atka.

As for sell points, I'd also like to make a smaller request that a secondary sell point be made on Cambridge Research Station or Planet Denver, given in lore/rp they house the largest medical/intellectual research centers in Srius, so it would make sense that they would be very interested in such a commodity.
talked to rohj about some stuff, making a post here as a reminder

(even if it doesn't get through appreciate the consideration)
Edit: Tnx to Impy, I found the info I requested.

I'll comment in more detail tomorrow (and also submit the mining value test results), but I have a question that is essential for me to judge the changes:

What mining bonuses on which ore do the factions get?

Problem: It's for example important for IMG to know whether we can mine in Omega 3 (up to now no bonus to Hydro Carbs), nor in Omega 7 (Silver in Rheinland law part only plus up to now bad bonus).

Reason: IMG invested heavily into Omega mining, our Core5 POB is the oldest living base, and if our nearest mining was to be O47, it would be a major blow to our gameplay options. Omegas are - just looking at the npc base layout - our strong point. Aland, Falster, Freistadt.

My suggestion is:
If IMG has a useful Hydro-Carb bonus, we could fulfill the lore part of being rivals with BMM in the Borderworlds. That would be good for roleplay, lore and interaction and would solve the "nothing mineable in Omegas for IMG" problem.

See you tomorrow for the results. Too tired to post now and get everything right.
there's a second tab that has factions with bonuses and the like on it

should be a direct link here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=491990245
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6