Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Black Lotus Cartel / Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Image: DRcNsoD.png]
[Image: xZ7QyL.png]

ID: Outcast
IFF: Outcast
Tag: BLC|
Naming conventions
Fighter/Snubcraft: BLC|Firstname.Surname
Freighters / Transports BLC|Shipname
Capital ships: BLC|CWS-Shipname (CWS stands for Cartel Warship)

[Image: UBDCKt.png]
[Image: SFiwH0.png]

[Image: ZIJuP8.png]

Many years ago, there existed an organisation within the Outcast society, The Blue Lotus syndicate, whose history is just that, history. But, after their disbandment one of the Dons of that organisation, Don Set Ampelio Ramirez, one who once owned the majority of the cardamine plantations on Malta had left outcast space.

Although most of Don Ramirez’s plantations were sold off to finance his other endeavors outside Outcast space, but, around a third he kept going, his family making sure that they ran awaiting the return of him to his home.

Now, after many years Set has come back to Outcast controlled space and seeing how things have changed, not to his liking, he with the considerable wealth he and his family has amassed over the last two decades he and his family decided it was time to start anew and bring the Orange Dream to all parts of Sirius.

[Image: cNi9Nk.png]

The Black Lotus Cartel, was the new organisation that Set and his family built up from the ashes of the Venezi Syndicate, and its predecessor Blue Lotus Syndicate, operating on the same foundations and ideals of the previous organisations.
But, under the direct supervision of the merciless former Don, Ramirez, the cartel intends not only to spread the Orange Dream, but to spread their influence throughout Sirius.
In the aftermath of the Omicrons becoming more crowded, the Cartel needed to go back to their roots, but also needed to make sure their vessels could peddle their wares in safety. That meant that not only did Ramirez need to outfit smuggling vessels, but also make sure that the old ships that were mothballed in the wake of the disbandment of the previous incarnations of the Cartel, to be brought back into working order. Repairing, restoring them to their old glory so that when and if the Cartel would get into a proper fire fight, they would come out of it without an immense loss of credits.

[Image: ZsRDov.png]

Besides smuggling, which is the primary goal of the Cartel, their aim is to establish more base of operations throughout Sirius, to not only widen their Zone of Influence but to make it easier for their vessels to operate without having to worry about being stuck in an hostile area of space.
-Building bases in Established areas of influence for the cartel to peddle their wares through.
-Having bases in certain areas (where we sell the merchandise) also provides the pilots with a safe place to dock and hide from enemies.

Providing involuntary workers for the plantations on Malta, selling black market weaponry to allies and friends and all those that wish to get their hands on illegal weaponry.

War with Corsairs, we may not be a fleet of under the Maltese flag, but the real way of controlling Sirius, and it’s citizens, are to have them dependant on Cardamine.
-The Cartel does have its fleet, although it exists to protect Cartel assets and in special situations to carry out attacks on enemy installations.
-Of course this doesn’t mean that whatever military forces they do command just sit idly by and wait for certain operations, but instead just means that the main point of the Cartel is not to wage war.

Destroying the Stabiline, this.. Disgusting creation of Cryer Pharmaceuticals, is an affront to all respectful Outcasts, this.. Drug, must be destroyed, by any means. Even if it means to target Cryer vessels and all those transports that transport it!
-Piracy Targeting: All transports carrying Stabiline, make them regret to transport the disgusting wannabe Cardamine.
-Hiring others to do the same, target and take out Stabiline shipments throughout Sirius

[Image: k29j23.png]

The Cartel is structured much like, if not exactly like, how the syndicates of Old, pre-sirius were structured, where in a Don, the head of the family is the absolute leader. With an Underboss and Capos to deal with the day to day operations, while the don itself, with advice from it’s Consigliere, organise the Cartel and direct it and gives it the goals for them to prosper and grow.

Don - This is the leader of the Cartel

Underboss - The second in command of the Cartel

Consigliere - The Advisor to the Don and/or the Underboss

Caporegime - The leader of each division of the Cartel
Capo Baston - Leader of the hitters, the military force of the Cartel
Capo Crimine - The Division leader for the smuggling operations of the Cartel

Soldato - The hitters and soldiers of the Cartel

Uomini D'onore / Made man - The men and women of Malta who run the transports and freighters, carrying the Orange Dream to all parts of Sirius!

Picciotto - The little men, these are the enlisted men and women, the lowest rank

Giovane D'Onore / Associate - These are the people that work for the Cartel, without being a part of it. Most often than not, these are the ones the Cartel hire to carry out hits on targets that usually are outside their ZoI.

[Image: f2mNfV.png]

[Image: vn6ibp.png]
[Image: gku3E1.png]
[Image: Xu2Vwg.png]

[Image: ECYDJQ.png]

The Cartel use at the moment only Outcast created technology, as well as civilian technology.
Of course, the CODENAME weaponry that are sold on the black market are also useful for the Fighters of the Cartel.

Perhaps, in the future and inRP more technologies can be arranged for our vessels.

[Image: fWfZYA.png]

The diplomacy we see down here is the natural perception of the Outcast fleet, save perhaps when it comes to Nomads. Ramirez’s family all have great respect towards the Nomads, and does not like his Soldato’s firing on them without a cause.

[Image: ptAN5t.png]

The diplomacy is also most probably going to change allot as we start doing the work, interacting with others, after a while, the entire diplomacy sheet we have above may have become completely different from what it is now. If your faction wishes to discuss specifics when it comes to this faction and yours, then you are welcome to PM me here, or add me on Discord
or skype

This thread is open to Feedback and I appreciate your comments, suggestions or critiques. Also, I am aware that this could very well be something that no one is interested in, but, I think that a smuggling faction would not only fun, it can also prove to be good, giving law enforcement organisations something to do.
Along with other factions that just don't want anything to do with Cardamine smuggling, no to mention the slave trade.

Every time someone uses Orbitron as body text, a baby seal dies. Please change your body text to something easier on the eyes Sad
Done and done
I'd advise not using CNS on maltese caps- thats the indie corsair cap tag
(12-14-2017, 11:49 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]I'd advise not using CNS on maltese caps- thats the indie corsair cap tag

Then that will be altered, cheers for the headsup
Coolio.

Overall: Nice write up and idea. Pretty similar to another idea for an OC faction friend of mine has had floating around for a bit now, but thats really more for them to decide
(12-14-2017, 11:55 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]Coolio.

Overall: Nice write up and idea. Pretty similar to another idea for an OC faction friend of mine has had floating around for a bit now, but thats really more for them to decide

I think I know of whom you speak, and if it is, I am talking to that person at the moment.

Thank you mate
Had a similar idea as well, even still in drafts. But the OC ID receives a different love from me. Smile
The Outcasts needs all kinds of love after all <3
Very happy to see a new Outcast faction emerge. Interesting write-up and a great potential for interactions.
The Unione Corse welcomes fresh opponents for its turf wars... Out with Cardamine, hail Nox !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5