Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In Vote Natio Octavarium - NO-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

[Image: Natio-Octavarium-256-Dark.png]
Natio Octavarium
Official Faction Creation Request

0 - Preamble -----

oc·ta·var·i·um — adj. Latin for eighth.

The history of Natio Octavarium dates back to the turn of the ninth century A.S., when a faction of Maltese-aligned pirates, smugglers, and military pilots formed the Vagrant Raiders, a Liberty and Independent Worlds based trafficking organization. As the Raiders grew in scale and scope under leader John Petrucci, so did their plans for their future. After a particularly disastrous turn of events in the aftermath of the Battle of Freeport 1, the Raiders ceased operations for several years, returning in 821 A.S. with the goal of reforming as a neutral third party in the western Independent Worlds and, under the direction of Harold Kane, establish a colony in the Kansas system. After 18 months establishing the free nation of Natio Octavarium, as it was called, they were sieged and blockaded by the Gallic Royalists and were forced to go into hiding.

Natio Octavarium has recently return in the northwestern Independent Worlds and the Taus as an signatory partner of the Crayter Federal Republic. The nation maintains interests in the Tau-44 system including a small habitat and storage facility in orbit of Planet Borneo. Future interests include the construction of a civilian colony in the Tau-44 system, and a small shipyard in association with the ministry corporation Aquila Defense Systems, for the purpose of maintaining and extending the Fourth Octavarium Fleet and the civilian fleets of the Natio.

The nation, as governed by a Cabinet of the leaders of the major Government Ministries of Services, Engineering, Finance, Relations, and Intelligence from the capital offices aboard Melbourne Station in Tau-44, seeks to give fair and equal treatment to all walks of life, from simple citizens and interstellar traders to salvagers and those deemed by other Sirian houses to be "undesirable". While by no means is Natio Octavarium a house of pirates, gangs, and thieves, Natio Octavarium has many citizens who have been forgiven for or have disavowed their criminal pasts. The Natio aims to provide a free and just life to all Sirians, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexuality, profession, alignment, employment history, disability, or other defining personal features.

I - Faction Details -----

Ia - Faction Thread Links -----

Faction Information Thread: Natio Octavarium - Information and Status
Recruitment Thread: Natio Octavarium - Recruitment, Census, and Employment
Message Dump: Natio Octavarium Internal Affairs

Ib - Faction Mechanical Summary -----

ID: Freelancer
IFF: Freelancer
Tag (civilian/root tag): NO-
Subtag (military): NO-F-
Subtag (intelligence): NO-I-
Subtag (command ships): NO-OCS-
Subtag (Aquila Defense Systems, civilian corp): NO-A-
Subtag (Science and Technology Advancement Bureau, civilian corp): NO-S-

Ship Technologies: Border Worlds, Sirius Civilian, Generic Civilian, Bretonia Civilian (limited), Liberty Civilian (limited)
Ship Classes: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats
Weapon Technologies: Sirius Civilian, Generic Civilian, Liberty Civilian, Bretonia Civilian, Kusari Civilian (limited), Edge Worlds (requested)

Home System: Tau-44
Zone of Influence (primary): Taus
Zone of Influence (limited engagement): Western Independent Worlds, Tottori, Omicron Tau
Zone of Influence (restricted): Provence, Lorraine, Omicron Alpha

Ic - Natio Octavarium ID Request -----

Due to the primarily bounty-hunting and self-defensive nature of the Freelancer ID, we are requesting a limited ZoI ID for the faction to enable our members to more actively engage in our goals and execute our diplomacy and our role in the Taus.

TL;DR: Can shoot hostiles except transports, can pirate transports for violations of laws defined in our faction info thread, can defend friendlies, transport cargo limit 4300.

If granted, we are intending to not allow capital ships on our ID. As a microstate with a civilian population of roughly thirty thousand to keep stable, the Natio does not have the resources or means to field a fleet of capital ships or even realistically a full size battleship or dreadnought. We also do not produce any native capital ships, and do not have the means to construct any capital ships on our own. Any cruisers and battlecruisers will be subject to SRP request and will be built in conjunction with other factions.

II - Member List -----

Faction Leader:
Faction Co-Leader:

Faction Officer:
Faction Officer:
Faction Member:
Faction Member:
Faction Member:
Faction Member: @"Erin"
Faction Member:
Faction Member:
Faction Member:

III - Frequently Asked Questions/Other -----

Hi! We're back, and we're doing this again. We're applying for officialdom to formally establish our faction as part of the Discovery Freelancer environment. The Vagrant Raiders were twice before an official faction, so we're no stranger to the responsibility this request puts upon us.

Here are a few frequently asked questions and their answers:

Question: Wait, so what is it exactly that you're doing?
Answer: That's a good question! We don't even know ourselves. We're primarily roleplaying oriented more than PvP oriented, frankly. Our primary goal is to establish an economic presence in the upper Taus that exists with our overarching micro-state RP at the centre of it. Additional goals include inter-faction relations in the Taus and western Independent Worlds, future development of the Tau-44 system, and creating lots of interesting and fun diplomatic RP situations.

Question: How do you plan to reconcile your historical and current affiliations to Malta and your relationships with CR and other factions that are not particularly fond of the Outcasts?
Answer: RP and the resolution of diplomatic situations and incidents over the next few months will be the way this arc is decided.

Question: Do you have capital ships?
Answer: We have no capital ships at this time. RP is in progress with several factions for the purpose of constructing one or two cruisers. We are not intending to have any battleships as a faction; our flagship is likely to be a unique ship SRP battlecruiser constructed with the help of as many factions as we can logically involve. Natio Octavarium is not and its predecessors have never been cap gank factions.

Please ask questions about our faction and our plans and direction. We will be more than happy to answer.

Admins: 500 million credits can be found on NO-Root.of.all.Evil.
Hi guys, I spy.

We kept the main document a bit condensed to avoid repetition. Everything you need that's not in this post should be in the linked Information and Status post. If not, speak up and I'll have a look.
Very clean and understandable write up. Cant wait to RP with you.
Cannot use any transports with more than 4,300 cargo.

Seems over the top when FL ID has 3600 limit and you are already asking for more than FL can do.
We don't need any more Freelancer ID factions.
Sounds a lot like what CR should have been in in my view : an RP focused microstate with apparent limited resources and with a strong penchant for diplomacy. This will be a very interesting player to interact with in the Taus for us Gallic Royalist scum. Good luck !
(05-11-2018, 10:36 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot use any transports with more than 4,300 cargo.

Seems over the top when FL ID has 3600 limit and you are already asking for more than FL can do.

Our ID proposal is as always not a final one. Our requested limit is in line with other factions with similar goals. I do not see where we are asking for more than the Freelancer ID can do, as we have a deeply restricted zone of influence and, based on our current technology usage, tech chart. Our PvP rules on our ID are solely for defense of ourselves, our friends, and our existence. Not for trolling around the Taus slapping plasma on people who look at us funny.

Or, to put a different spin on it: There are many other IDs currently in use, official and independent, that have much fewer restrictions and much more potential for abuse than ours, so why is ours more problematic in your eyes than those? I am genuinely curious.

(05-11-2018, 10:51 AM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]We don't need any more Freelancer ID factions.

I'm curious as to why you believe this, and why you believe we are intending to simply be a "Freelancer ID faction" of some derisible type. Our ID, and our official faction ID request, is solely for the purpose of giving us a zone of operations and ID rules that match our RP. Were the generic Military ID from long ago still around we would have based it on that with our additional restrictions in place. If you're concerned about ZOI or mercenary work, we have intentionally severely restricted the former and have not allowed the latter in our official faction ID request. If you have other concerns, please voice them instead of simply being dismissive so that we can properly address them.

(05-11-2018, 11:04 AM)Lanakov Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds a lot like what CR should have been in in my view : an RP focused microstate with apparent limited resources and with a strong penchant for diplomacy. This will be a very interesting player to interact with in the Taus for us Gallic Royalist scum. Good luck !

We look forward to meeting the Superdupont Squad in space more often as well!
Care to present an actual argument for having higher cargo limit than Freelancer ID?
Give me about a month tops and I'll have legal use of Pirate Trains in Bretonia. Liberty might be slower because their government has always been glacial at best. We shouldn't be welcome in Rheinland or Kusari to begin with, given our history.

We're not actually gaining anything there except the ability to use ships that don't look like rust-covered rust.
(05-11-2018, 11:18 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Liberty might be slower because their government has always been glacial at best.

Forlorn got one legal, and I think JM got a few legal in Liberty as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11