Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad BS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(09-29-2018, 02:18 PM)VÆX Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2018, 02:04 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]If all your official faction has to offer to people is artificially gated-off content of the game, then you're doing something wrong.

The main point was not to appeal to factions via restricting content, because apparently you took things out of the context, like a pro.
The main point, if you read again, was my own personal opinion of restricting Higher-Tier RP and Terrorist ID access , to actually see Nomads as Nomads in the Omicrons, not random people who can treat absolutely everyone a combat target.
I personally was against the change of opening Nomad ID up to indies too, but we're well past that change too...

And the interest in the faction should be linked to actually wanting to learn about the Nomad Roleplay, not just get easy content without any work invested and get easy access to a Terrorist like ID.

This argument has been made time and time again, first when the Nomad indie ID has been introduced, then when they got access to cruisers and now when we're talking of finally treating the Nomads like a game asset rather than a sacred artifact. Needless to say, the server did not die in the aforementioned instances and it will not die with the opening of capital ships for indies either.
(09-29-2018, 02:04 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]If all your official faction has to offer to people is artificially gated-off content of the game, then you're doing something wrong.

I mean all the Vagrants get are the most powerful JD in the game and the nomad battleships gated behind the ID. So lets not start that sort of thinking.
Not the sacred artifact, but there's a difference, of how people Roleplay Humans, AI and Nomads. They all require a much more different mindset to roleplay them correctly, hence why i -personally- am against that, it's just my opinion.

I don't see why the server dying is brought into this discussion , but np.

I'm done...i've said everything i could say.
(09-29-2018, 02:38 PM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]

I mean all the Vagrants get are the most powerful JD in the game and the nomad battleships gated behind the ID. So lets not start that sort of thinking.

Working on that Vagrant indie ID. ;3
I would restrict all Cap-Ships to offical Factions.

And with this step all offical factions should have to answer on "Join-Answers" in less than one week. The answer don't have to be "welcome", "no" or "we have more Questions" is ok, but no answer is not ok...

This should bring more activity to some factions...
(09-29-2018, 04:03 PM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]I would restrict all Cap-Ships to offical Factions.

And with this step all offical factions should have to answer on "Join-Answers" in less than one week. The answer don't have to be "welcome", "no" or "we have more Questions" is ok, but no answer is not ok...

Something along those lines used to exist, with capships being restricted to official factions or guard systems that official factions could control (thus preventing indie players from getting them 'legally').

It didnt end well. Indie players would either realize they couldnt get the ship they want and left disco, or they'd go buy the ship against faction rules and start faction civil wars with the officials.
(09-29-2018, 02:04 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]K'Hara was involved and agreed.

Khara agrees to making the old marduk available to the factions. indie marduks would literally be the dumbest idea on the face of this earth.

khara also didnt agree to having the ishtar handed over to a faction that didnt want to use battleships initially either but what are you going to do.
The problem that I have with having Nomad BBs open to indies is that it would be the Nephilim spam 2.0. The Nephs are supposed to be rare Zoner colony ships, something that is the work of many, many people for a long time, and thus not very common. Instead, we had certain factions and individuals (*cough* ZA *cough*) spam them like they were missiles. It makes zero sense in-lore.
It's the same story for Marduks. They're supposed to be the very rare, very old, very powerful Nomad forms that have had the time and resources to grow beyond the little kiddies' playground. If they go indie, they'll be spammed to hell and back, which should not be a thing, at all. This goes beyond the potential bad RP coming from new players, although that is also a factor, to a lesser extent.
(09-29-2018, 04:03 PM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]I would restrict all Cap-Ships to offical Factions.

This is actually a double-bladed sword, and I'll say why:

On one side, it would benefit official faction activity as a means of accepting request for using a big bad capship (eg. LN and Overlords/Atlantises) instead of indies going to buy them off the station they're sold to - and this would bring to a sort of ID-check to see if you have the official ID equipped or not. (eg. trying to buy a LibDread off Washington Shipyard with a LN indie ID = nope.avi).

On the other side, however, it might impact the inde ie playerbase - mostly the newcomers that want to go fly a big bad battleship/dreadnought straight off the bat.

I had an idea concerning this outcome: allow indies to fly ships up to cruisers, so they're happy. At the same time, Battlecruisers, Battleships/Dreadnoughts and Carriers can be kept restricted to the officials without issues. And if an indie wishes to go and fly a cap by joining an official faction, they are spurred to invest time in the faction - thus increasing its activity - to reach the required rank.

My 2 cents.
(10-03-2018, 03:24 AM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: [ -> ]Khara agrees to making the old marduk available to the factions.
Ideally, you could make a request for all the old nomad ships to be purchasable, with some of their stats being readjusted to adequate levels (i.e. Sascya).

As for why indies should not have big toys in their hands - I suggest to read Lana's post, he pretty much summed it up. Yet again, Siris is pretty good for what it is. if only it could fire it's heavies backwards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9