Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad BS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(10-03-2018, 10:35 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I do dislike K'Hara for is the repeated attempts to get the same faction perk as we have, the Nomad Jump Drives.

When have we requested that again? Besides the time when they came out ?

EDIT: Discussing over Discord to bring health to the thread

(10-03-2018, 04:04 PM)VÆX Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually in the faction, trying to steer things to different directions now for some time now, I have also thought of a new feature (Development request sent, and pending) , to blatantly not copy off from your ideas, because I really do feel like we should give diversity and options to choose from, from both sides that is.
Given the last few pages of discussion the thread could be renamed to Nomad BSing.
(10-03-2018, 10:35 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2018, 10:18 PM)Tenacity Wrote: [ -> ]I have read about the vagrants, and in all honesty I like that you've used an event in the campaign to create a believable nomad offshoot, so props for that. However, as soon as your group of nomads got back to Sirius they would have reconnected with the local mindshare rather than remain separate, which is where your concept becomes flawed.

Still, I'd be willing to look past that flaw as I do think the backstory is pretty creative. There's just one problem: no matter what story or lore you come up with, you still, personally, come across as a very salty person with a lot of baggage, and that's not very becoming of a faction leader. The first day I was back on these forums you started an argument with me over literally nothing, just because you're the kind of person that likes drama and attention.

Even if it weren't for those issues, the times I've met your vagrants online they've been afk farming activity time for your faction, which is not only a bad look for everyone else in it but also quite explicitly against server rules.

Everything I've seen from you has been bitter resentment towards huggie and his faction because you were let go, but can't let go. You've made a big show of pushing and shoving your get your way from the devs, and now you're trying to artificially bolster the influence of your own faction and undermine the khara for sheer personal gain, or possibly to sate this apparent vendetta you have against those who you believe wronged you.

Get over yourself.

Look, I've had many people tell me how I am, and I think I know that fairly well myself. You know, if I were that salty, I would remember what argument you were referring to, but I don't anymore, which goes to show at least tangentially how much I cared. I probably corrected you on something. I know you won't believe me, but I really couldn't care less. We disagree on the point that Nomads should be treated a special way, different from other factions. The way they are being treated by the dev team, and pretty much everyone else in the recent years has been that.

Where I need to agree with you, however, is that the point about the return of the Vagrants probably is the weakest part of the backstory. While it is undoubtedly the best backstory for any divergent Nomad faction, I made the decision to postulate that the Vagrants would upon return be too different from the K'Hara evolutionarily to reconnect. There is nothing to support that in lore, and there is nothing to speak against it in lore. I made that up, yes. I also need to apologize as you apparently did read the writeup.

The only thing I do dislike K'Hara for is the repeated attempts to get the same faction perk as we have, the Nomad Jump Drives. We put work into this and you are demanding it out of convenience to replace the now missing jump gates in Iota that previously allowed K'Hara/Wild to reach any part of Sirius easily. There actually was a time when, upon the perk being first granted to us, K'Hara had it as well because Spazzy (an admin at the time) thought that would be fair. It wasn't, as you didn't earn it. Aoi Iseijin also manages to play without these jump gates. If you want them back, put in a player request for that. Besides this, I really do not care about the drama.

Oh well, back to trading.

So you can be reasonable, good to know.

As far as the jump drive argument, I hadn't heard about that, and to be honest the whole jump drive and cloaking system is still new to me, but from what little I do know I can certainly see why the khara would want it - travelling to areas of activity has always been a problem for all factions, though certainly harder for nomads since everyone wants to kill them. There are too many systems and when it takes you an hour to get somewhere for 15 minutes of rp and an unfair fight it can definitely get aggravating.

However, if I had to pick between the permacloak and permajump, it would be a difficult decision any day of the week. I've certainly enjoyed the cloak, but I tend to have very limited game time due to raising a daughter, so I can understand the desire to get into and out of the action as quickly as possible.
(10-03-2018, 10:15 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]After following this thread, it still feels like a major part of it is people not wanting to lose the "I feel special" toys.

Just let the Marduk be indies. If it is abused it will be taken away. As with anything, if people don't deserve it it's taken away from them.

^ this realy .
We get answer for OP question , Players wishes are clear, they want to try ship, give them test drive period and lock the topic , or split it to separate "who is correct" tread .
Regarding the JDs I always felt it would be fair if K'Hara only got one way jumps.
I.E. - K'Hara would need JD batteries, and could only hold enough to make one jump. They would have to find another Nomad outpost in order to jump again.

Regarding the actual 'Duk issue, the giving of them to indies would be fine, but I agree that the ZoI for them needs to be smaller than all the other ships, strictly Omicrons.
(10-03-2018, 10:20 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]They are literally unable to reconnect. Looks like you didn't read everything.

When i was narcoleptic and playing i was told excuses like this were not sufficient. I didn't want to stop playing and i doubt they do too. so i offered to have my activity not counted. that was acceptable to them.

As for the jumpdrive issue. Im getting conflicting reports about our jumpgates being fixed. Id be all for that.

We just need the mobility.. on the other hand. if we where to use the jump drives they would be on a shared ship essentially all we need is one or two. depending on how the fleet jump works.

Originally khara had a jumpship. Ninlil was my marduk with a fleet jump that had to be hand fed h fuel in order to work. we used it for about half a year before i had to leave. and the jumpdrive was given to us by the junker congress whom we did events and activity with to get it.

We aren't saying we are not willing to make it worth the while of the community in order for us to utilise the small limited amount we really need. This shouldn't be a huge issue we require a singular or pair of units. I seem to recall fg not having a problem with that particular idea either i do not know if that has changed.

If we have to mount a human jumpdrive on a nomad battleship we will do it. But i think that would be rather silly.

and as a final aside to the indie argument having marduk's. every ship of its kind is under a faction id with a zoi. if its limited to the omicrons it might not be so bad. But having been around in .85 when ossies where more common then sarissas in new york it got ridiculous and worn out for about three years.

people want to fly around and get blasted in the chrons all day while learning to foster a deep hatred for the old marduk model can be my guest it quite frankly is out of our hands in my opinion. As i have previously stated the devs giveth and taketh away.
(10-04-2018, 12:12 AM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2018, 10:20 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]They are literally unable to reconnect. Looks like you didn't read everything.
If we have to mount a human jumpdrive on a nomad battleship we will do it. But i think that would be rather silly.

I used a human JD on my BC for a while. I felt like I could actually play since I didn't have to spend 30 minutes traveling to the other side of Sirius. But uh, I obviously got flak for that and cut it out.
My 2 cents here, I have been in K'Hara for Three Years and I know what these ships can do. In my honest opinion, If you want to fly these amazing and Iconic Nomad Warships, you should do what everyone else in this faction has done. You either get invited (not trying to sound super elite because I was invited) or you can apply. I had to wait a year to fly these ships. No one should just have access to powerful ships because "I want it". Not many people might share my opinion and thats fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9