Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: SNAC hit causing server crash.. Did this ever happen with you? o.O
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
snac is good anti-cruiser and anti-gunboat weapon too. Now people don't use snac and they use Nova/Neutralizers which is not effective weapon against cruisers and gunboats. Nova doesn't have enough track speed to hit cruiser and gunboats even battlecruisers can dodge some of them. Neutralizers/Scorchers are big risk weapons you have to get too close and may result in instant death if you are fighting against skilled cruiser/battlecruiser players.

What is this drama? Even damage nerf to SNAC(vs snubs), it does its job better than most of the bomber weapon. Of course if there are bugs like
(01-16-2019, 01:14 AM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]we already had issues from some SNACs dealing 0 damage to caps, to some dealing 300k damage to caps
that needs to be fixed.

I think everyone knows what is purpose of a Bomber class. If you want to hunt down Fighters take a fighter not a bomber. If you are here just to want old SNAC damage vs snubs, you want some easy blue msg.
(01-17-2019, 10:22 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]If you really think SNACs sole purpose was to kill fighters then you seriously need to reevaluate your stance.

Everything I said does apply but the only exception is that it insta kills everything.

Hasn't it already been specified that snacs are currently broken? As in, they crash the server, do no damage, the sort?

I'm fully aware that snacs aren't supposed to only be a snub killer (as far as I know some guns were implemented that supposedly shred snubs?) but they were a fun little thing that accomplished the same thing other things do now, except it was harder to pull off. And also it took forever until you got another shot at it if you missed it initially.
I wonder if any of these 10 pages will suffice to change one person's mind. But do you really think anyone would read these 100 responses in order to clarify whether the community prefers or not ?
Our lecture pages will cause no effect, simply for the fact that not admitting that nerfing snac was not a good move. Abusing guns' power is basically what we all do at the end of the day. You can simply have a look in other games, or without going further, in this one. But I'm not arsed to copy paste whatever Antonio and others has posted.
Firstly, is it was about instakill whines, or about tactical gameplay, when we see fighters and bombers together and not just light bombers squadrons everywhere?

(01-17-2019, 10:34 AM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone knows what is purpose of a Bomber class.

They dont. They dont understand that SHF has F letter in word, and Bomber hasnt. In previous discussions about this topic, i overreacted, simple by realising why my teammates failed in every anti-cap task - they simple learned only snubs SNACing, and didnt understanded, that if fleetcom take bombers, he expect them bombing caps, he will ask fighters if he want air superiority.

Btw, SNAC nerfing it that way was bad decision, but not due #SNACmatter, but because now it seen how generally balance for anything outside VHFs and some HFs unexistant, and because there was generation of bombers designed for SNACing and useless for anything else. I guess SNAC revert should went hand by hand with other snub classes reabilitation. Cos right now its like - Bombers ON-SHF OFF-VHF ON/Bombers OFF-SHF ON-VHF OFF. I dunno, its look wrong, isnt?

Btw, if revert SNAC anti-snub capacity, give also to VHF ability mount MR and CD in same time. Why only bombers should be versale then?
Well, you see why Cruiser Razors was ok back then? Exactly. You had that type of dmg on SNAC, however you also had guns to counter them which left Bombers at a certain risk. I bet there were alot of things which was balanced (not perfect but still) back then, but has been changed over the year until we got to this.

Maybe some things were better left untouched?
A cap player's two cents:

1. Return the snac to its former OP glory.
2. Bring back the cruiser razors - unsullied and unmodified.
3. Reduce the pvp-death time out to 30 minutes.
(01-16-2019, 08:09 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah cool let's bring back cheap insta kill weapons that you can't reliably avoid because weapons are client side. SNACs made SHFs useless. Yes you can dodge but you can still get SNACed while dodging. A swarm of bombers were unkillable and that was immensively stupid, it's good that it's gone.

Even with the nerf on, they're still extremely useful for hit and runs, plus they still work against transports.

This seems to be an opinion in the extreme minority, so why is it rammed through? What you just described is appeasing weaker players instead of encouraging them to want to develop skill.

Pretty sure all fighter classes below SHF's are what makes SHF's useless. People fly em until they realize they're too luggy for any combat role other than anti-cap, and thats as long as there's nothing smaller on the field.
(01-17-2019, 07:07 AM)Pillow Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2019, 02:01 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, maybe players who would throw a tantrum and quit just because they didn't get their way or somebody touched their favorite toy are exactly the kind of players who ought to go anyway.

Adapt to the changes or don't play. Infantile whining just breaks the community; it doesn't fix the game.

yawn
if your only method of having fun in a game were to disappear overnight, would you keep playing?

"Boohoo, those people can't force themselves to play a dying game when their only method of having fun with it got removed, poor them! Yeah, they should leave! It's not like the game barely has any players to begin with!"

Stellar argument, well done. Truly inspiring.

I don't have only one method of having fun in Discovery. If you do, and this was it, maybe you don't have a reason to stick around.
It is a pretty stellar argument, honestly. Maybe more people would be inclined to play if all the one-trick ponies went away.

I stopped playing Elite: Dangerous for similar reasons. Most of the ways I liked to play got less fun as the devs patched it. So I play other games.

Nothing wrong with that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10