Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: SNAC hit causing server crash.. Did this ever happen with you? o.O
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(01-16-2019, 01:50 AM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]Though it is a shame that SHF will suffer immensely from reverting the nerf.

This would be a real shame, although perhaps the solution would be to merge SHF Hull and repairs.
Yeah cool let's bring back cheap insta kill weapons that you can't reliably avoid because weapons are client side. SNACs made SHFs useless. Yes you can dodge but you can still get SNACed while dodging. A swarm of bombers were unkillable and that was immensively stupid, it's good that it's gone.

Even with the nerf on, they're still extremely useful for hit and runs, plus they still work against transports.
cant shfs instakill with double mrs
thats stupid too delete it
Honestly, either keep all instakills or remove them. If we're bringing the SNAC back, bring back cruiser razors (and 32k gb razors). If we're keeping SNAC as is, remove double MR and Battleship razors.
Battleship razors are meh. Them gone wouldn't be a big loss, noone uses them anyway
(01-16-2019, 08:46 AM)Pillow Wrote: [ -> ]cant shfs instakill with double mrs
thats stupid too delete it

Considering that projectile speed is way faster and has more refire and the ships using it have a huge core? Yeah no kidding it does. Should be restricted to 1 mini razor.

Thing is about BS razors is that it's for a battleship, it's avoidable for any skill level. Battleships are slow, they can't thrust, and the range of the razors is very short. Razors are good for any smaller cap that gets too close and battleships don't have the luxury of wasting time with shooting razors because of cooldown and huge energy costs.

If a battleship mounts a razor, they are sacrificing their anti cap capabilities. And thing is with snubs having insta kill weapons is that there's really no drawback to it.

Maybe not having a cd in some circumstances but people charging up cruise are guaranteed to get killed. Also snubs with said load outs can still dish damage to caps.
(01-16-2019, 09:15 AM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]Battleship razors are meh. Them gone wouldn't be a big loss, noone uses them anyway

But, muh Cruiser Razors :c where did those go
I'm only concerned about instakills as far as newbies are invovled, because it is cheesy to goose them like that, and also frustrating for them to be locked out of the game for a period of time. As far as veteran players are concerned, I don't think it's as problematic and they should be able to dodge out the way with the right maneuvers. However it's very clear in my opinion that there's no drawback or counter to fielding dual MR SHFs with bombers gone. So I had an idea.

I don't know how plausible this is to implement, given where the CM has to be placed so that it can actually function properly, but one idea I had is that SHFs can only mount a second MR at the cost of sacrificing a CM. Increasing offensive output in exchanged for reduced defense This would make them prey to missiles and torpedos of all kinds.
snacs were harder to hit than this duo mr stupidity is so just add them back and all is fixed : )
(01-16-2019, 05:41 AM)Greylock97 Wrote: [ -> ]All reverting the SNAC nerf would do is make the people that opted for the nerf cry, and you might find Antonio on a snac bomber more often. Not the end of the world, and it would probably fix the problem with the crashes.

Someone give this man a cookie
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10