Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Helghast, HF, SCRA negotiations thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
ok, im gonna start out of rp. what can we do to resolve this senseless and wasteful conflict?

the following people and factions who are involved may post here; Aeon, Koolmo, Ant, Olsav, QV, Tank, Bestflyerhere, any admins, mal 666ghtfoot. if you arent listed, please PM me and ill put you on the list.

otherwise, please dont. keep in mind the diplomacy gets the involved parties the best of both worlds, one side cant have all plusses.

the SCRA has boycotted the war, and i think the HF has too??? it remains to be seen what the Helghast position is.

anyways, lets post some constructive suggestions for all of us to work on.

first off, sorry to all of the people involved in this big flame fest. im as guilty as the next person in line. i overreacted, so apologies around the table.

ive actually thought this through, and maybe a controlled, non-flaming, fun, and generally amicable war will be fun. but we should abide by these tenets.

im open to a good rp fight, but it should just be between the Helghast/HF and the SCRA and one other chosen ally of us, no other parties. to make it fair. brawls arent fun.

at the same time, im also quite happy to declare a cease-fire and let every1 get on with their day.

so lets get started, what do you people think?

regards,
Aeon
Malaclypse to all parties:

Roll call, please:
(The least I can do, since neither you nor I had to suffer that quaint conference room at Maison de Squalor..)

Aeon, SCRA retired, Summoning: Present
Mcintosh and Ant for the SCRA, Petitioner: Present/ Presnt
Quintinius Verginix and/or Olsav, Helghast, Petitioner: Present / ________
Tank Tarket and/or BestFlyerHere, Hellfire Legion, Interested parties:_______________
Malaclypse 666 for the ELF, Neutral party: Present
F.N.O.R.D. Mark 23 "Discordia", Recorder and Fair Witnes (If no one objects.)

Note: Admin are not required to answer the roll. Due to your busy schedules, we understand that you might not be able to attend all sessions.

I will be happy to vet the requests of other parties who may have interests or wish to forward comments to the talks. P/M your request to Malaclypse 666.

I personally believe we have reached a new plateau in maturity and conciliation with this first step.

Motions on the Floor:

Koolmo: Motion to establish Basic Guidelines

1) Dead is dead. If you get blown up, you are out of the fight for good, no best out of 3 avalable. his adds an RP element to the combat, and makes it more likely for players to use reasonable tactics. IF the combat starts up again within 10 minutes, you are still dead, beyond that, feel free to regenerate.

2) Combat in DESIGNATED SYSTEMS ONLY. Also, traders WILL NOT be attacked, otherwise the war will get bogged down due to lack of funds.

3) Capital ships can not be used in groups larger then 2. this saves everyone sitting at home blazing away in their BS at each other, and adds some realism to the fight. Most navies in Sci-Fi have alot more fighters than cruisers.

4) If there are 3 SCRA on, and 1 Helghast, Only 2 of the SCRA may fight. This way, it saves us the problem of overwhelming forces crushing the opposition. Let us say that each side may only have numbers +1 than the force opposing them. So, 3 vs. 4 is acceptable, but 3 vs. 6 is not.

Motions Called: Ant: Designate systems for engagement. Amended to include pursuit to designated adjacent systems. Motion withdrawn.

Motions Agreed To: None at present.

Buttcheeked and Dis'd,
Mal
Nothing wrong with a good war...of course some of the fun is in the baiting the opposition as well. ;)

Perhaps a "warzone" could be designated over several systems, where anyone from either side entering those systems is fair game. That might remove issues over incomplete ships and the like.
[Image: scra_ad_003.jpg]
Ant,Nov 25 2006, 05:17 PM Wrote:Aeon, respect. :)

Nothing wrong with a good war...of course some of the fun is in the baiting the opposition as well. ;)

Perhaps a "warzone" could be designated over several systems, where anyone from either side entering those systems is fair game.  That might remove issues over incomplete ships and the like.
[snapback]45919[/snapback]

Noted.

Admiral Ant added to participant rolls. My apologies, and congratulations on your promotion.

Shall we wait for further comment until all participants have answered the roll or indicated their intent to abstain?
I agree Ant, I did not want ths to become a flame fest and I think we should have some systems in despute where we fight in.
Qunitinius~Verginix,Nov 25 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:I agree Ant, I did not want ths to become a flame fest and I think we should have some systems in despute where we fight in.
[snapback]45924[/snapback]

Agreement on Ant's proposal noted.

May I assume, Verg, (can i call ya Verg?) that this indicates you will be "present", and abide by the consensus of these negotiations?

Also, Verg: We seem to be leaving our "siggies" at the door for this conference. There's a good Commander...
Um why do we leave our signatures away? I dont understand.
Qunitinius~Verginix,Nov 25 2006, 05:42 PM Wrote:Um why do we leave our signatures away? I dont understand.
[snapback]45929[/snapback]

Verg, we may have lots to talk about.. It will just shorten the whole process..

And two responses counts as "present". Updating Roll Call.
As an addition to the idea of a few systems to fight in, perhaps a couple of systems could be used to initiate combat but combat could be pursued out of those systems.

For example, if a Helghast battlegroup moved into Omega 47, 49 or Dublin...then SCRA and allies could respond with due force.
And if SCRA moved a battlegroup into Sigma 17?(as an example), then Helghast and allies could respond to that.

Moving out of those systems need not end the combat until all the ships of one side have escaped to their home system or been destroyed.
[Image: scra_ad_003.jpg]
Ant,Nov 25 2006, 06:00 PM Wrote:As an addition to the idea of a few systems to fight in, perhaps a couple of systems could be used to initiate combat but combat could be pursued out of those systems.
[snapback]45945[/snapback]

Noted. Motion amended.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6