Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How is this kind of RP allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
See this the thing - the active Navy players are not on board with this - nobody tried to develop this story or wanted to go there, and all of a sudden these leaks we are discussing happen, people you RP with and do business with call you fascists out on the blue because of a disjointed writeup.

If this had actual player backing and development this "leak" would make more sense, would be better received - nobody complained the secret Willard was cracked when Insurgency was made, the role of antagonists of Harmony and Hellfire and Liberty clapping brutally down on the traitors and stain on their reputation has been well played out for many years. So that reveal that they know the secret base location and attacked it didn't raise a single eyebrow.

This just felt very out of place "leak" that felt like just an excuse to unload stuff and make the character unlawful , without much buildup, same with the over the top roleplay, just felt unnatural?
Y'all got one hell of a problem arguing with yourselves in circles instead of taking your own advice.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

As a side note the only reason you'd care if someone's calling your character a fascist is if you think speech in the game environment should be controlled for your objectively good angel dudes that do no wrong and are clearly representative of an entire faction.

Or alternatively you think that person is just self-inserting.

But my response to that is the same as before. Just ignore it.

Humans are very interesting in that they fail to understand talking about a problem doesn't solve it whatsoever, it just breaths life into it repeatedly till the end of time or whenever it falls back out of the spotlight.

This entire thread is validating the problem it's calling out.
(07-24-2023, 04:48 PM)Omi Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what else to say other than that I think you're a genuine sociopath if you consider subjecting someone else to an unpleasant experience to be any kind of success. It's definitely a bold admission to make, that much is for sure!

Please don't call me your friend, though. Based off the way you conduct yourself here, the last thing I want is to be associated with you in any capacity, unless I'm just genuinely failing to understand your point.

Then change your perception of things. Taking that incident as a personal attack does you no good and it's not a good thing to let it affect your mental well-being. Take those accusations inRP with dignity of the very role model of modern Navy officer and play out the aftermath with your fellow faction members.
You see, being confronted with vicious hostility of your enemy is just another RP opportunity.

(07-24-2023, 04:50 PM)Czechmate Wrote: [ -> ]*snip*

If this leak really was inRP an impulsive, emotional move that severed Nicole from the Navy in one fell swoop without much buildup, it does look rather concerning. Moreover, if it is out of character for Nicole to act this way at this moment of her life, I believe it could be resolved with the staff's help.
But if it is in character for her to do this then it's not a problem at all, correct?

So, with Hemlocke's words in mind as well, how about we all go for the mandatory sammich break?
calling someone a name for a popular Italian system of government from millennia before is pretty dumb and oorp
to the best of my knowledge Sirius hasn't had exposure to Italians doing stuff like that at all so calling someone a fascist in 830 AS is kinda like calling someone an optimate or something in 2023 AD
(07-24-2023, 04:17 PM)HanCloudstone Wrote: [ -> ]How do I put it... If this is what I would hear from the opposing side inRP, it would be a sign that my faction was successful as an antagonist. This is literally something to do RP for. Evoking each and every kind of emotional response in all kinds of people.
My friend, treasure this moment, be proud of your faction and, most importantly, keep it up.

[Image: 1307570754631.jpg]
(07-24-2023, 05:13 PM)Hemlocke Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note the only reason you'd care if someone's calling your character a fascist is if you think speech in the game environment should be controlled for your objectively good angel dudes that do no wrong and are clearly representative of an entire faction.

This is incredibly rich coming from the angle of an anti-Liberty player in the whole story arc -- you know, the side that unironically is portraying itself as an objectively good bunch of angel dudes who can do no wrong. You're still missing the point, though. It's not really about 'fascist' being used as the one-size-fits-all buzzword of our time; it's more the overall vitriolic and caustic tone of that whole interaction.

If you still can't (or won't!) see that, fine. You have people who actually play Liberty lawfuls a lot sitting in this very thread telling you they're not on board with the way things are playing out.
some people cant get it through their heads that throwing insult after insult at the man that happens to be red on scanners isnt automatically good roleplay especially when the insults sound like theyre spilling out of an xbox live game chat

swear to god if the nword was allowed you people would drop it every 2nd sentence lol

praying for the day when we plug the profanity filter back in so people have to be creative with their insulting again because it leaves a bad taste in my mouth even when im present and it happens not necessarily happening to me

im a bit of a hypocrite as i did use to type the epic fuck and shit a lot (and using /l while in groupchat to bypass the filter) but nowadays its just incredibly off putting because it feels less like actual roleplay and more like some dude's angst projecting onto my screen as if its discord
(07-24-2023, 06:05 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]calling someone a name for a popular Italian system of government from millennia before is pretty dumb and oorp
to the best of my knowledge Sirius hasn't had exposure to Italians doing stuff like that at all so calling someone a fascist in 830 AS is kinda like calling someone an optimate or something in 2023 AD

What is the alternative? If one were playing an angry Zoner upset at Liberty's conduct/militarization/prison-industrialism, does there have to be a new, strictly server-appropriate derogatory term used to describe agents of this government?

If so, what should it be?
The alternative is just not throwing random terms into the air without any thought behind them. Is it too much to ask for that people aren't forced to endure the torture that is your average chatter with the sect this whole thread is about?
I don't think it's random considering its actual definition and the context:

wikipedia Wrote:Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation and race, and strong regimentation of society and the econom
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12