Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How is this kind of RP allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The thread has been a factual discussion about what are acceptable communications, lots of interesting points of view were a really brought up that made me think - like Sirius wide Comms hmm
(07-23-2023, 08:30 PM)Goddess Astra Wrote: [ -> ]This is trial by forum. I would like the mods to respond to it, please.

Being used as an example in a discussion thread does not constitute a trial by forum.

(07-23-2023, 08:53 PM)LunaticOnTheGrass Wrote: [ -> ]It absolutely is. There are valid critiques of both the mode of SIrius-Wide Posting and of whether it's healthy from a gameplay/setting standpoint to leak as much as had been done all at once, but to verbatim say "we'll make the game unplayable for them" in the very second post is immensely telling of the attitude of segments of the playerbase's attitude towards the community.

If people who say such things are problematic, they ought to be dealt with individually, not tthe discussion be shut down.
Gone are the days where countless people would just respond to such a post with a simple spam-folder warning and move on with their lives. We're now in 2023 where every pixel you or a friend owns needs to be defended to the death, a single image of a base leaking is the same as your whole faction being exposed and people dying IRL after all.
(07-23-2023, 08:30 PM)Goddess Astra Wrote: [ -> ]This is trial by forum.

No, not really.
oh no, someone with an established character of about a decade used that character to influence roleplay that I can choose to interact or not interact with, and that may have been *gasp* fun for people that aren't me? How dare this infringe on my entitled powergamed pixel power "meta" in my universe in which everything must go my way. Let's obviously metagame exorbitant bounties to make someone's oorp experience miserable out of spite without admin consequence (for some reason) just because I'm upset about what they did in my perfect pixel world.

Verisimilitude of sirius wide broadcast aside, which has been a reasonable enough discussion seemingly, this community is something else.

edit: and people wonder why the community has no direct input on story development anymore.
I don't like it when character age is brought up as some kind of roleplay quality quantifier. I've kept characters of my own more or less on ice for over a decade now as well -- one of which is actually linked to in the broadcast from the OP. Hi Mum, I'm in the Discovery GC comms channel! -- but the length of time a character has existed for shouldn't lend them any extra gravitas.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say the older your character gets (past a certain point), the worse off they are from a believability and immersiveness standpoint. They kind of have a shelf life.
(07-23-2023, 10:07 PM)Levenna Wrote: [ -> ]Let's obviously metagame exorbitant bounties to make someone's oorp experience miserable out of spite without admin consequence (for some reason) just because I'm upset about what they did in my perfect pixel world.

Out of sheer curiosity, what is it about the bounties that makes them an act of metagaming?
I'm gonna be honest with you the bounties are there due to the posts being made in the first place. Asking people to arm up and revolt is not exactly a good way to make House lawfuls your chums.
(07-19-2023, 05:06 AM)Darius Wrote: [ -> ]Fund my bounties and we'll just make the game unplayable for them as did they make our roleplay side hard to play out. Sounds simple enough and very lore friendly.

(07-23-2023, 10:13 PM)Darius Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna be honest with you the bounties are there due to the posts being made in the first place. Asking people to arm up and revolt is not exactly a good way to make House lawfuls your chums.
(07-23-2023, 10:11 PM)TheSauron Wrote: [ -> ]Out of sheer curiosity, what is it about the bounties that makes them an act of metagaming?

Nothing, it's not metagaming. You could argue it's powergaming if you make a ridiculously high bounty on someone but then again there's no rule that sets any limit to bounties (because that would be stupid) and I think it's still a totally valid RP consequence.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12