Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The way you are
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
' Wrote:Everyone will say:

"Ganking is bad."

Whether it will end up in a wall of text or a few sentences, they will still say the same thing.

And yet, it will continue, it will always continue, just like it has been for the last two years. You can hate me for thinking like this, but this is the truth which I accept.

I'd just like to make my point as well as I think it's important. The people that do MOST of the rule breaking and such aren't on these forums. Therefore they can't see your anger towards them and they won't stop. I was reading through the sanction reports and most of the people sanction had their first post in their sanction report. I think the most important thing to do here to correct these issues is get everyone on the forums or at least try to. haveing two messages in game that everyone ignores anyway isn't working.

My 2cents, Bear
' Wrote:Well, for first, to add some corrections to your post... Blah blah blah.

Frankly Tic, it's an irrelevance.

You feel agrieved by someone, you'd better 'man up' and take it on the chin. Past enoncounters don't give you the right to do that kind of thing. If anything it makes it worse. It makes it cold and thought out and personal.

Basically... Be the bigger man in moments like this. "Yeh but he done it first" simply isn't good enough by my book Tic. Everything has to be taken on it's own merits. Each incident seperate from the last.

Hyung, I agree with you to an extent, however that doesn't mean people should stop thinking about the gameplay of the people they fly against. "I'll go and gank people because Hyung Soong said it was fun getting ganked" is a really weird bit of logic.

Bear, this isn't about rule breaking. This is about people being idiots to one another and spoiling each others's fun through use of crushing force.

It's not just people who arn't registered, it's largely people we know.
' Wrote:Ganking as not fun at all, but if you actually look into it? What can you do about it? There will always be those people who think its fun shooting up a fighter in a fleet of caps, we can only just try to make people refrain from doing it, but no guarentees
i know what you can do. fly alone all the time and never group with anyone. it will always be fair. You will be the one getting ganked problem solved.
' Wrote:All if have to say is this, when faced with a fight you can't win, don't stick it out, just run.

You know, that would work out a lot better if more people actually let a fleeing ship flee. Usually, they'll just chase you through several systems. That kind of hurts the possibilities.
Nothing much i can say about this I have been on both receiveing ends of a gank and given it.

If you look at it either way their is only occasionally a fair fight.. Its either a bomber vs a Liberator or 2 vs 1 or GB vs a fighter (I mean come on really?).....rarely have I been against a Lawful and "Been" in a fair fight.

what i can do is offer you a motivational poster :D:D:D:D:D

[Image: 2395174642_a926648987.jpg]
"Best thing to do is to retreat from a big bad battle, doing the retreating RP - being faced with powerful odds and so."

Would that be considered as fleeing, and would you have to logg off for 4 hrs, probily not but what if an agrieved player saw you retreating and you stayed in the system could you be scanctioned?, It seems to be the norm nowadays.
Yes Joe, it is relevent, because the fight was mostly fair. If the Xenos held their distance and started firing on me instead of shooting down passing by transports they would probably kill me before i could kill them.

And this isn't about "They did it first." as you suggested, since the Xenos here probably weren't even ganked, or if they were, it was just by the numbers, and not even close by skill. You see, in my eyes 'ganking' is not only outnumbering. For example, if you and Ench attacked 6-8 LN indies who have no idea how to fly, you would gank them, and not the other way around.

And the fact there was only 1 BC makes a big difference from 2 BCs.
' Wrote:"Best thing to do is to retreat from a big bad battle, doing the retreating RP - being faced with powerful odds and so."

Would that be considered as fleeing, and would you have to logg off for 4 hrs, probily not but what if an agrieved player saw you retreating and you stayed in the system could you be scanctioned?, It seems to be the norm nowadays.
its a shame really. but this is how it looks now day. The worse problem is when you try to get away from those figures and they come hunting you down.
' Wrote:Frankly Tic, it's an irrelevance.

You feel agrieved by someone, you'd better 'man up' and take it on the chin. Past enoncounters don't give you the right to do that kind of thing. If anything it makes it worse. It makes it cold and thought out and personal.

Basically... Be the bigger man in moments like this. "Yeh but he done it first" simply isn't good enough by my book Tic.
Hyung, I agree with you to an extent, however that doesn't mean people should stop thinking about the gameplay of the people they fly against. "I'll go and gank people because Hyung Soong said it was fun getting ganked" is a really weird bit of logic.

Bear, this isn't about rule breaking. This is about people being idiots to one another and spoiling each others's fun through use of crushing force.

It's not just people who arn't registered, it's largely people we know.
Yes it is a weird bit of logic.

But, just incase it was missed.
Quote:Edit 2: While I do understand your reasoning (and compassion) Joe, I don't think it's a one size fits all scenario. There is a time and place for everything. There is a time for mercy, there is a time for harshness. There is a time for joking, and for seriousness. There is a time for solo and for ganking. It's all part of the game.
A measure of Ones maturity is knowing when to apply each part.

Again, I think there are times that ganking applies quite appropriately. I'm also not talking about over-riding the other person simply because you can, but an applied thoughtfulness to WHEN and WHERE you "gank" or in other words "pound with overwhelming force."

I cannot stop or make anyone else "FEEL" anything about what happens to them. The fact is that nobody can "MAKE" me angry. I choose to be angry to the circumstances that happen to me.

There are many things in this game that gets people angry. We all know them. I don't need to go into them now, but I just might at some point later in this thread to remind people what we all do at some point.

I mentioned that "being ganked" can be fun. I felt a little balance was need to the original post since it sounded like a lopsided talk about "fair-play". While I do agree it needs to be applied more than is currently used, it is not a simple matter of "pulling out when they are losing."

There is a time for fairplay. There is a time for overwhelming force.
You need to decide when to use them.

Fact: Someone, at somepoint, WILL have issue with your decision.
' Wrote:Yes Joe, it is relevent, because the fight was mostly fair. If the Xenos held their distance and started firing on me instead of shooting down passing by transports they would probably kill me before i could kill them.

And this isn't about "They did it first." as you suggested, since the Xenos here probably weren't even ganked, or if they were, it was just by the numbers, and not even close by skill. You see, in my eyes 'ganking' is not only outnumbering. For example, if you and Ench attacked 6-8 LN indies who have no idea how to fly, you would gank them, and not the other way around.

And the fact there was only 1 BC makes a big difference from 2 BCs.

Tic. It's not relevant, because I'm talking about a far bigger picture. You are not the centre of this. Let. Go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16