Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The way you are
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quote:To the reader:
Much of the Disco problems are continuing because people

HERE

on the forums are too busy tearing each other apart

INSTEAD

of banding together and working things out.
Truth. While I agree, there'll always be those idiots (its generalized... Is that still an attack?:$) who will roflrage on somebody who would be relaxed on a subject and cause said relaxed person to become annoyed.

Sadly, its human nature for some to prove their stupidity while its others to respond accordingly due to pride. Admittedly, I am one of the former people. If nobody buggers me personally, I wont start anything bad, but arrogance or outright hostility forces me to act. Its... Subconcious. Unavoidable.

... Of course recently I've stepped away from two threads in which I got flamed and just walked away so *shrug* maybe people can change.

-Edit- OH! Right! Not hijacking, I promise. Yeah... I haven't been in a real fight for over four months, so eh... But I can sympathize with being ganked. Like 3 gunboats, a train, and 2 Rheinlanders against a pair of Eagles. *shrug*
And here is the reason I fly only with people I know. Its just, now I can't fly with one of my most valued friends in my favorite faction anymore.

Oddly, the gameplay solution to stopping ganks is reverting to 4.83. Then, people can throw whatever they like at us, and they will die all the same due to the old novas. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Joe, I'd love it if the world were like that. I really would, but game theory shows what happens when people are nice guys. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the pudding, which is a shame. Most of us are used to it by now.

Of course, we are all guilty of initiating or being a part of ganks. Recently, I took a battlecruiser into a battle against 6 pirates, just before the entirity of New York came down on their head. I didn't check until there were two or so left. My bad. I've seen other people do it too, with no regard for what I say. Indie cruiser just the other day, on a HF bomber, and not pulling out despite repeated orders to do so.

This stuff happens everywhere. I've already accepted that people don't give a damn most of the time, and those that do are prone to mistakes or simply play with the wrong people.

I really wish I was that optimistic, Hyung. I think I used to be, but I don't remember.
But ever since the first voiders invasion and the subsequent failure to educate the majority first huge influx of Corsairs (of which Zelot (for example) was a part), I've stayed with a group of good friends and rarely anybody else.
We may be in this together, but I was quite quick to ditch the douche and stay with those I valued, rather than waste my time on people I didn't know. I've been there too. I think about a day ago, Ench would have agreed with you too, but now, I dont know.
Any one else getting a feeling of deja view? I just feel like this has happened before... several times.

Heh, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
' Wrote:Any one else getting a feeling of deja view? I just feel like this has happened before... several times.
Heh, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Well phrased
Much like white fashion, Discovery works in cycles.
Well my point is that even if we reach so high level of empathy among ALL the players (out of which many are kids or people with a consciousness of a 5-year old) and start caring about other people's gaming experience more then about our own - this place would turn out to be so boring and it would take out all the thrill and pleasure from playing, making the whole effort counter-productive.

EDIT: need to say? typos

[sarcasm]
So lets all just happily continue disregarding the enjoyment of everyone else. That's clearly the best way to progress! Screw community everyone, lets get all ruggedly self interested!
[/sarcasm]
You see?

Now you took away all the pleasure from what I thought might be an interesting philosophical/ethical discussion.

No need for one's sarcasm when the Universe is already full of irony...

EDIT: surprise, surprise - grammar
Isnt ganking part of human nature? it has been happening since the begining of time, nowadays you get ganked everytime and you gank everytime you can because in your inner deepest part of your brain you want to win (especially guys, which make 99,5637% of the community), you cant ignore that but what you can is, control it, if you see your fleet (be it the almighty lolfleets or not) ganking someone tell them to your teammates, and if you are being ganked, do what i do record a video and name it "Best PvPers around disco" and upload it to youtube (working on it), and lets have a laugh instead of... well you know.
the only way I see that it can change is that ganking, being about 6-7+vs 1 made a sanctionable offense, people are scared of sanctions.
its the only way it would ever stop the ganking,

reducing the 4 hour limit is a good idea, but it will not prevent attack after attack on certain factions.
Example:
Outcasts raid Gamma, They either get killed or the kill everyone.
They go back too alpha, as they cannot raid the corsairs again..
They go too the Taus and raid IMG and =CR=, 30 mins have passed during that raid, then next thing you know.. they raid gamma again.
this would continue for ever and suffice too people giving up on playing because they die about 400 times a day.

my 2 cents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16