Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Logs From the Maverick.V
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
==DATE--JUNE 8, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--ORBIT AROUND PLANET GAIA--EDINBURGH==

*Bret sits at a chair in the mess hall....drinking tea and having a light meal....Loreley talks to Naoko in the background about something she saw in Cambridge.......Bret looks up at her and smiles.......Then goes back to his visor to look at the news*

Bret:...June 8th....818 AS......Days in space...190......Things are going well for me,....Loreley,...and Naoko..........The other day Ilo came by for some work on Naoko...and surprise....installed a hover system so that the AI can float around the ship......Its quite impressive.....It also seems that he installed a sort of....Emotion software.....or something like that..........Loreley is doing fine....She's gained some weight so that she finally looks healthy again....She still keeps that chain of hers....and refuses to have it taken off her....even with the chaffing it causes around her neck....

*Bret watches as GRN ships is destroy a Kusari Navy Battleship in Tau 23 in his visor*

Bret:...Some things however.....don't change for a good purpose over a short time...The GRN continue their march of war....and still I cannot do anything to strike back at them........However.....That may change in time......A few days ago I ran into a few members of the SMP.....And was able to provide logistic support for them....Sadly...they didn't win their fight and had to retreat.....Colonel Frank Zacharie invited myself to dinner that night on Reunion........Fish with wine.....The Colonel is blessed with a good wife and daughter......I'm a bit jealous....

*Bret looks back up through his visor.....watching the conversation between Loreley and Naoko.....then takes a deep sigh*

Bret:....Loreley...Has been going beyond her way to make this ship more livable lately.....She still calls me "Master" despite me repeatedly telling her not to...and she still has that trouble of how to work the shower unit....and her constant whining at times if I don't demand her to do something.......but maybe.....If this meeting I planned with the others goes well...and I am able to procure what is needed.....I might give her the freedom she deserves......But none of that will matter if we don't stop the GRN somehow...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--JUNE 9, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--ARRAN ICE CLOUD--EDINBURGH==

*Bret sits on the floor with his back against his bed......a small pistol lying on the floor in front of him....He pics it up and stares at it*

Bret:....Date.....Doesn't matter.......Days in space......Why should I care......Your pathetic Bret....You know that......You had to say what you did.....And look at you....a wreck for it....Your words alone may have just killed two people......A Rogue...and A Feline....Excellent work.....You pathetic Kitsune....

*Bret grips the pistol...and checks it load.....1 shot lies in the chamber....Bret move's the pistol barrel to the side of his head and cocks the trigger*

Bret:...Everything that you said to her.....all the good it did......That nomad thing now controls her....and possibly Alexis as well....And now....they're gone....Gone forever for all you know.....And dead possibly....So why should you keep living while they're like this.....Living with a Nomad infection is just about the same as being dead anyway.....You might as well be dead yourself.....

*Bret pushes the barrel into his head...and slips his finger on the trigger*

Bret:...So what are you waiting for.......Death comes to us all anyways...

*Bret closes his eyes and starts to squeeze the trigger*

Bret:...So much for everything you've done to help...

*Knock Knock*

Loreley:..Master?..
*Bret stops as he hears Loreley on the other side of his door*
Loreley:....Master.....Some of the SMP pilots have arrived......Are you going to come and meet them?
*Bret moves his finger off the trigger and pulls the gun from his face.....Then looks at the door*
Bret:..Y-yeah....I'll be right out Loreley.....Tell Naoko to get everything ready for them...
Loreley:..All right....I'll tell Naoko then....See you in a minute...
*Bret stands up and looks down at the pistol.....He uncocks it and tosses it across the room*
Bret:...No...That would've been a cowards way out....I can do something else then kill myself....
*Bret walks over to his desk.....and pull out a small blade he got from Islay....And slices a gash into the top of his left arm*
Bret:...I swear....In my own blood...That I will get those two back.....and back among the rest of humanity and our kind....Even if i have to travel back into Iota to get them....I will get them back...To right the wrongs I made...
*Bret cringes as he wraps a bandage across the wound....And walks out of his quarters*
Bret:...I have to get this business done with before I can do anything else...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--JUNE 25, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--THE.MAVERICK.V--ORKNEY==

Bret:....Date...June 25th.....Days in space...207.....I'm still recalling the day of my meeting with the others...and I'm concerned that we may not be able to make it and all...

*As Bret lays on his bed in his cabin...Loreley walks in through the door*

Bret:...What is it Loreley?....
Loreley:.....Master.....Are you all right?....
Bret:....I'm fine....I'm just...worried that all my planning will be for nothing....

*Loreley sits down next to Bret as he lets out a deep sigh*

Loreley:..Everything will work out in the end...You'll see....I'm going to fix something to eat if your hungry....
Bret:...Thank you...I'll be down in a few minutes....

*As Loreley stands up, she rubs Bret's left ear and then walks out of the cabin....Bret sits up, then heads over to his desk*

Bret:....Naoko...What are the odds that we can actually pull this off without someone getting hurt?....

*A small blue sphere appears above his desk*

Naoko:...//Sir...The odds are not good Sir....I estimated the chances of zero casualties will be around 9.4973%.....I am sorry Sir if they are not what you wanted\\....

*Bret rests his arms on his desk...and takes another deep sigh*

Bret:....What am I gonna do?....
Naoko:...//Sir...I do not know the answer to that Sir....Maybe the saying "Only time will tell" applies to this situation Sir\\....

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--JULY 15, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--THE.MAVERICK.V--FREEPORT 1--OMEGA-3==

Bret:....Date...July 15th.....Days in space...227...I can't believe the past 20 days...What turns out to be a simple trip to Rhienland turns out to be a turning point that I have waited too long to get to....I had head rumors in Frankfurt about the commander of a Order ship who's features were...."Unique"...And being in my nature...I started tracking down clues about this person...3 days afterwards I received a strange call...

Date--June 28--818 AS

Bret:....Hello?....
Caller:...The question is...Who are you?....
Bret:...Well that's a strange question to say to me.....Agatha....

*Moment of silence*

Agatha:...You got yourself five more minutes...
Bret:..I spend more then half a year searching for you guys and all you say.."You got five minutes"....That's bull...You haven't changed one bit since the escape....
Agatha:....Bret?.....Is that you?!....
Bret:...Yes...Its me...I haven't found anything on the others...and now its taken me this long and your the first I meet....
*Bret let's out a deep sigh over the comms*
Agatha:...You haven't found any of the others have you?.....
Bret:...No....Nothing on the others...
Agatha:....I've....Heard something from other members of the Order operating in Bretonia about a pair of pilot sisters...something about tails were said....See what you can find there....
Bret:...All right....Wait...The Order?...

==END OF PART ONE==
==START OF PART TWO==

Bret:....Its strange now that I look back on my call with Agatha, on how quickly she ended that call after I asked about the Order....It doesn't matter as long as she's safe, despite what they do out in the Omicrons.....My next meeting I had placed a call with a junker I knew on Trafalgar in New London and asked if he had heard of anything as such on the information Agatha had provided...To my astonishment. He did and had made a call to the ones in question to meet with me on a bar I had been to on Leeds...

*Date: July 4th. 818 AS*

*Bret looks down at his holowatch, checking the time as he sits in a small wooden cubicle in the corner of the pub, beginning to feel displeasure as the time slowly goes by...*

Bret:....They're late...I thought the guy said they'd be here at 11:30.....And yet its already 13:48....This had better be worth it cause I don't want the Police to notice a cruiser parked illegally here on the planet...
*Bret's eyes begin to close as the hum from the kitchen begins to doze him off....Within moments, he lies asleep, His cloak covering his muzzle from view...*

*20 minutes later*

*Bret becomes startled awake as the rumbling sound of turbines, suddenly passes overhead, causing the entire building to shudder in its wake as he spies a BAF gunboat landing on a nearby pad through the nearby window...*

Bret:...Now I know why this place is so popular....
*Bret shifts his pose as he watches two shadows, disguised by the smeared glass, walk towards the building and enter the pub...Bret moves his paw down the side of his left arm....and begins to charge his arm cannon....*

Evyn:...I am personally going to gut the guy responsible for disrupting our patrol and asking us to come here and all...
Feya:..Yeah but sis...that junker told us it was imperative that we come here...Something about a great change in our lives...
Evyn:...Now listen..We serve the Queen and noting else matters..You got it?...
Feya:...Yes sis...I got it...
Evyn:...Good...Now let's get this over with and get out of here...I hate the smell of this place already...

*The two ladies walk up towards the bar counter and stand there while Evyn begins to yell at the bartender simply standing there rubbing clean a mug, ignoring their presence...Bret notices two tails sticking out from their uniforms and begins to slink around them as the two remain distracted by Evyn's ranting....As he reaches behind the two, He places the tip of his cannon into Evyn's lower back and speaks very softly...*

Bret:..Place your hands above your heads...and slowly turn....

*Evyn and Feya raise their paws upwards and both begin to turn around, looking upon Bret, with his face covered by his cloak...His paw moves against the ridge of his hood and pulls it up over his head...exposing the tears in his eyes as he lowers his left arm....
Evyn:...Bret?!
Feya:...Bret!
*Evyn and Feya suddenly pounce onto Bret with their arms wrapped around him...Forcing them to all fall onto the floor...The two felines begin to nuzzle their faces against Bret as he tries to make sense of the situation..*
Bret:...Evyn!....Feya!....I can't believe its you two! After all this time I thought you guys were dead or something worse!.....

*All three begin to rise to their feet and dust themselves off...Feya continuing to clamp down on Bret's waist, smiling and wagging her tail vigorously while Evyn pats the dirt off her uniform...*
Evyn:...Bret....I am astonished to see you of all people here at this place...And what in the name of the Queen happened to your arm?!...
Feya:...It is good to see you again bro!...You don't know how much this means to us!...
*Bret tries to push Feya off his waist with his one arm, but to no avail...*
Bret:..I know...I am glad to see you both as well...But I can't tell you guys anything until you Feya lets go of me...Come on Feya sis!...Let me go please?!....

*Present time*

Bret:...It was almost impossible to get Feya off me till Evyn basically ripped her from me...We had talked for liked what seemed forever till they got a call about someone robbing miners in Dublin...*sigh*...Even so..It was good to know that I have found two more of the group....I just hope I can find Charlie and Daniel now....Wherever they are...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--AUGUST 27, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--EDINBURGH--PLANET GAIA ORBIT==

*Bret smiles as he looks up at the ceiling in his cabin, his arm resting behind his head and a smear of grease on his muzzle...*

Bret:..Date..August 27th, 818 AS.....Days in space...320....I heard a heartbeat....It was the most breathtaking moment of my life...Vixen came over to Edinburgh as she got off duty and I came around despite myself trying to stay undercover...But I couldn't help it...Seeing her, just made me feel important again....Although we didn't have much time, We enjoyed each others company to the fullest...The moment I pressed my ear to her stomach...I couldn't believe what we created....

*Bret smiles deeper as a tear starts to run down his face...*

Bret:..Cause of our genetic differences, we don't know when the baby will be born....All I know that we may become targeted for this and finding a safe place to raise the little one will be difficult.....In other news....Loreley is doing well on Manhattan as a waitress at this one cafe...I've come around time to time to look in on her as she works...I hope that she does well without me for the time being...

*Bret turns his head suddenly as Naoko floats into the room...*

Bret:..Yes Naoko?...What is it?....Anything on Charlie?...
Naoko:...//Sir..Aside from what Madam McDowell told us..We are finding no records of strange beings in ship attacks within the Sigma Systems Sir\\...
Bret:..Well that's good..Aside from what Eva said..I still don't know....Continue your data sweep till you find something..Then we'll move out...
Naoko:...//Sir..Yes Sir\\...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--SEPTEMBER 2, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--SIGMA 13==

*Bret stands at the main viewport on his ship...His eye's staring into the gas clouds that have been hiding his lost friend for so long....Sipping at him cooling tea, he sighs deeply...*

Bret:..Date...September 2nd....818 AS....Days in space...326....Where are you Charlie?......I've been flying for almost 2 weeks in these clouds for you and still nothing....I know your out there....You were always the quiet one in the group....But I never thought you'd be this quiet...

*Bret finishes his tea as Naoko floats over to him....The orb simply humming as it continues to make scans of there area...Bret looks over a moment as the tune begins to cause him to hum as well..*

Naoko:...//Sir..Has my song caused you any delays in your current activities Sir?\\...
Bret:...No..You can keep going...I'll...*sigh*...I'll head up to my cabin...Continue with your scans...
Naoko:...//Sir...Yes Sir\\...

*Bret takes one last look into the clouds before turning to his quarters...*

Bret:....Where the hell are you Charlie.....

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--SEPTEMBER 11, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--BAFFIN==

*Bret sits in the mess hall, his head laying on the table as he groans in fustration of the past week*

Bret:....Ohhh...My head.....Date....September 11....818 AS.....Days in space...335.....Ohh..Where to begin...My search for Charlie has been halted due to the closure of the Baffin system...And we decided to help out with it....We've had a few fights but nothing we couldn't handle...We got lucky in one fight...

*Bret raises his head up off the table..His eyes bloodshot from the lack of rest and the constant patrols....Looking into the reflection on the wall, showing his face*

Bret:..Geeeze...When was the last time I slept?....What did I get myself into?....I should be looking for the others...not guard duty....Looks like I'm stuck here for now....Till this damned blockade is over...

*Bret's head falls back onto the table with a sudden slam...groaning as he tries to stay awake*

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--SEPTEMBER 11, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--ISLAY==

*Bret looks up at the ceiling on his cot in the infirmary ward of Islay.....His face and body bandaged from the burns and injuries he recently sustained...He turns his head over to the small table next to his bed, looking at the remains of his bionic arm...*

Bret:...Date...September 13.....818 AS.....Days in space....335....*sigh*....Where do I begin....Today was the day we finally got a break and didn't have to deal with the blockade of Baffin...Doc Holiday decided to lift the ban.....Good move on his part....What...What we didn't anticipate the drastic actions of the Bretonian Government on looking for one Zoner...

*Bret turns his head back around, raising his left arm and checking the burns on his fur...*

Bret:..We received the order for Zoner vessels to move to Freeport 1......My god...The response was incredible....I was expecting a small group to show...Not an entire fleet...

*Knock Knock*

*Bret lifts his head towards the door, groaning slowly as he tries to sit himself up...*

Bret:...Come...Oww.....Come in...
Vixen slipped through the door, letting out a small gasp as she saw the extent of Bret's injuries, and blinking away the film of tears in her eyes. She slowly moved over, carefully helping Bret to sit up properly, without hurting him, and looked over his burns, tears starting to build in her eyes again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6