Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Logs From the Maverick.V
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
==Beginning of Part 2==
==Location--Edinburgh==

**32 Minutes Later**

*Bret continues to check reading as the familiar light from the jump exits the bridge, filling with the calm light from Edinburgh's twin sun and the Glow of Gaia in the distance...Continuing on their main course to Islay, Bret starts to dig his claws into his arm with worry, hoping that he'll get there in time...Naoko begins to hover close beside him, performing multiple objectives at one time to make up for the lack of crew...As they begin to near Islay, Naoko's light begins to pulse sharply*

Naoko: //Sir...I have a strange reading on our scanners Sir\\
Bret: Signature and ship class?
Naoko: //Analyzing...Signature...Gallic Royal...Class...Cruiser\\
*The vessel words emitted from Naoko send a shiver of fear and rage through his fur, causing him to sketch deep claw marks into the metal of his bionic arm..After that brief pause, Bret rushes over to the weapons lock, releasing control protocols and allowing the V's main guns to come online..Naoko shift his color for a moment from his deep blue, to a fain green, causing Bret to turn*
Bret: What is it?...
Naoko: //Incoming Hail...Putting it up on the main screen\\

*Bret snaps his head up and Scans its view, Showing a man in a white uniform, the crest of the GRN on him...However his view turns to disgust as he looks upon Bret, beginning to speak in Gallic at him**
Royalist Captain: Il s'agit de la Royale Opiniâtre Croiseur "Jeanne d'Arc" Nous sommes vous ordonne de vous...
*A deep laugh begins to emit from the Captain as he his speech breaks up, Naoko continuing to translate*
Royalist Captain: Il semble que si le Siriens permettre aux bateaux de freaks pilotes tels. Peu importe, vous serez un exemple que nous continuons notre mission. Informer tous les artilleurs de tirer à volonté....

*With that, the transmission ends, leaving the sight of the cruiser in the viewscreen...Bret snaps his head back at Naoko with a deep look of concern*
Bret: Translation?...*
Naoko: //Beginning vocal translation....."This is the Royal Obstinate Cruiser 'Jeanne d'Arc" We order you to.... It looks as if the Sirians allow freaks to pilot such craft. No matter, you will be an example as we continue our mission. Inform all gunner's to fire at will..."\\
*AS Naoko finishes, Bret turns his head in time to see the shot of Pulse and cannon fire head at the ship, the first shots connecting and flinging him to the ground from the shock...Bret clamours up to the controls and screams at Naoko*
Bret: We can still outmaneuver them!...Move the ship to its rear and continue to fire our turrets!...

*The V suddenly thrusts forward, dodging and taking hits from the Heavy Cruiser's guns while firing as well scoring several hits before an alarm on the bridge sounds off*
Naoko: //Shields are down!...Taking damage on the starboard hull!..Turret 3 has taken damage and is functioning under accepted parameters!\\
*Bret flares his fangs as the ship continues to move around bringing the Royalist Cruisers engines to view...A bright shimmer appears for an instant across it's hull, making Bret's eyes widen for an instant*
Bret: Their shields are down!...Fire a mortar into its damned engines!...
Naoko: //Mortar charging...35%...56%...82%....100% charged\\
*Bret holds his breath for a moment as he glares in anger at his foe*
Bret:....Fire....

*The V suddenly shudders as the main cannon fires a single mortar shot, trailing through space and connecting with the cruiser's main engine...The vessel begins to list as its guns become silent, replacing them with a series of explosions among its hull...A few small shuttles begin to exit the vessel, leaving in the opposite direction as the vessel begins to burn up...Bret gives a faint smile from the destruction as he glimpses at Planet Gaia*

[Image: 9fxfrr.jpg]

Bret: This one's for you little one...
*Bret covers his face as a sudden flood of light hits the screen, The Royal Cruiser exploding in a shower of fire and debris...A few sections hitting the V and forcing Bret to keep his stance as they pass by...He finally begins to breathe as he turn back to Naoko, simply hovering as it checks its systems*
Bret: Get us to Islay now...
Naoko: //Sir...Yes Sir\\

**Observing from the distance in the Islay Ice Cloud, a sleeping ship watches the scene as it unfolds, the battle and destruction of the Royal Cruiser as the Maverick V continues its path onto Islay...Within its cockpit, a deep growl emerges from the dark, the stretching of claws and shining of violet eyes as the flash in the distance ends**
Vulpe: A worthy opponent indeed...

**12 Minutes Later**
==Location--Islay Hangar Bay==

*As the exterior ramp hits the steel of Islay...Bret runs out at a full pace, streaking across the distance of the bay at a full run till he arrives at the lift, slamming his paw into the controls to it...The doors suddenly open, revealing Vixen being supported by both Agatha and Evyn, Feya and Loreley looking worried behind them as they exit..
Agatha: She refuses to go to the medical wing despite her pains...You chose a very stubborn one I'll tell you that...
*Vixen lets out a deep growl as she continues to hold her waist, stepping forward towards the V*
Vixen: If this child is born...I wont have it anywhere else but on Gaia...Now get me there...
*Bret nods in agreement as he pick her up in his arms, turning around and looking at the small crowd*
Bret: You four wait here...I'll handle this...
*They all look at each other for a moment as Bret begins to hurry back to the V, running up the ramp with strength he'd never known...Outside, Evyn stares up up at the hull damage and scarring across the ship as it lifts off, exiting Islay and heading towards Gaia...
Evyn: What the hell happened on his way here?...

**15 Minutes Later**
==Location--Planet Gaia's Surface--Sector 15-AC-9--Near the Equator==

*As the V begins to settle on the deep earth of Gaia's surface, Bret continues to hold Vixen in his arms waiting as the ramp begins to lower itself...With a concerned look, Bret simply nuzzle's again Vixen's forehead, rubbing away some of the sweat on her brow...The ramp finally halts, Bret walking down the ramp and feeling the gentle warmth from the twin suns overhead...Setting Vixen on her feet, she turns to him and wraps her arms around him a moment*
Vixen: I know what I'm doing...I wont have this any other way...
*Bret stays quiet for a moment as they leave each others embrace, his paw lifting up and tying a transmitter around her arm*
Bret: If you need me for anything...Hit that...I'll come running...
*Vixen smiles as she takes a few step away, turning into the direction of the forest and taking a few steps...She pauses a few moments as she begins to disrobe, laying her clothes on the ground in a small pile at her feet, Bret's muzzle turning red as he watches for a few moments before she turns around to face him*
Vixen: I want this as natural as possible....
*With those last words, she takes off on all fours, disappearing into the forest within moments and leaving Bret in the clearing*
Bret: Be careful...my love....

*The time begins to pass as he waits, the sounds of the forest around him continue as the suns overhead continue to pass by...Bret sits on the ramp as the clouds overhead cover the area from the sun, cooling his muzzle...His paw rubs his bionic arm as his mind wanders into deep thoughts...'What do I do?'....'How will I be able to protect our little one?'....As his thoughts pass, his ears perk up to the sound of a deep screech, sounding similar to that of a wildcat...Bret jumps to his feet and moves at a dead run, leaping over fallen trees and vines in the direction of the screech...Each step bringing him closer and closer to its source..A closer sounding screech sounds off again, leading Bret to a small cave near the berth of a waterfall, Bret scouring its entrance for signs of Vixen...His ears picks up the sounds of deep breathing as he begins to enter...His bionic arms lifts and activiates its built in light, illuminating the cave its its soft glow...His eyes shift as he comes across two forms huddled in a mess of grasses and leaves on the floor...Bret inches closer to them, smiling as he recognizes Vixen, breathing deeply as she holds close a small bundle of fur and tail....
Vixen: Shhhh...She's sleeping....
*Bret slips next to them and pulls off his jacket, wrapping vixen in its warmth...His paw shivers as he touches the little one, a mix of pink and brown fur covering its small face...
Bret: What's her name?....
*A deep purr emits from Vixen, waking the little one in her arms, giving off a deep yawn before looking up in curiosity*
Vixen:...Licentia....
*The little ones paw reaches up and clamps around Bret's finger, making him smile deeply before he leans down, nuzzling her nose with his own*
Bret: Come on...Let's get you two back to Islay...

**30 Minutes Later**
==Location--Islay Hangar Bay==

Feya: They're back!!...
*The small crowd waits eagerly as the ramp to the V lowers back down, revealing Bret and Vixen walking down the ramp, Vixen holding a small ball of cloth in her arms as they walk up to them..Loreley and Feya's eyes widen as they look curiously into the bundle, looking upon Licentia's face with joy and excitement*
Loreley: She has the master's nose....
Feya: Definately Vix's eyes.....
*Bret gives off a small laugh as they continue to walk across the hangar...Pressing the lift access and waiting for the doors to open*
Bret: Come on you guys...Let's show the others a new child of Gaia...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--FEBRUARY 10, 819 AS==
==LOCATION--PLANET KYUSHU--KYUSHU==

[Image: 118ev5d.jpg]

*Bret walks around on the landing pad, checking the II over as Naoko floats around, making checks as well...After a few moment, he checks the datapad in his coat side pocket, looking over details on the local news...He let's out a deep sigh as his back presses against the beat up spatial, looking up into the clear sky overhead*
Bret: Date...February 10th...819 AS....Days in space...464....Where to begin...Let's see, let's see...Everyone back at Islay was happy when we brought in Licentia and showed her to everyone..."A true child of Gaia" a lot of them said...I'm happy that for once things are going well...I decided after the long party they gave us that I would go ahead and start looking for Charlie again...Despite a few talks against it by members of the NLH and Feya, I went ahead and purchased an old Spatial class fighter...It was beat up quite a bit however its weaponry made it an attractive buy, So I forked over a bit of funds from my personal account and renamed it the Maverick II...While I was flying back to Islay, Naoko picked up a scan of a wreck in the asteroid field nearby Planet Cambridge...When we got closer, we discovered it to be the remains of an old Charon fighter...Seeing that we had enough room in the hold, we picked it up and brought it back to Islay...
*Bret tilts his head back down as he picks up the sound of footsteps walking near him*
Fueling Station Worker: You need refueling pilot?...
Bret: Hmm?...Oh...Yeah go ahead..D-45 Series H-Fuel if you don't mind...
Fueling Station Worker: You got it...Nice costume too...
*Bret shakes his head as he walks away, Naoko hovering next to him as Bret walks up to the edge of the platform, looking out into the view of the city...After a few minutes, Bret turns to face Naoko, fixing his jacket a moment as the wind picks up*
Bret: What are we doing here Naoko?...I should be back home watching over Vixen and the little one...Why not let someone else look for Charles?...
*Naoko shimmers a bit as it processes the question*
Naoko: //Sir..You did state that you wanted to finish the puzzle of your family by finding this one last piece...Do you have any regrets to that statement sir?\\
*Bret shakes his head as the wind blows his hair away from his eyes, making him rub his bionic hand through his blonde strands*
Bret: No...No regrets....I'm just worried...I haven't been away from Vix in so long...And now with Licentia there, it makes it seem worse to let her be there alone....Did I make the right choice?...
*Naoko turns to him, his 'eye' glimmering a bit as it processes the question*
Naoko: //Sir...I believe the correct answer would be "Only time will tell"...sir\\
*Bret sighs deeply a moment as he takes a seat on the ground, swinging his feet over the edge as he pulls out his old music player..With a click of his paw, he scrolls down to one track, closing his eyes a moment as the music begins*
**Boom Boom Satellites - Anthem begins to play**
*As the music hits a certain note, Bret slowly opens his eyes, looking out across the cityscape as he gets to his feet....With a deep breath, he spreads his arms outward, taking in the wind as it blows across his muzzle and jacket...He then begins to yell out as the wind blows harder, blowing open his jacket*
Bret: I will find you Charlie!!...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--FEBRUARY 23, 819 AS==
==LOCATION--TOKIGAWA CITY-- PLANET NEW TOKYO==

*Bret looks about the city as he walks through the crowded streets, the people taking no notice to him through the noise around and neon lights above and around...After a while he walks down a side street, holding his datapad up for another glance*
Bret: Date....February 23rd...819 AS....Days in space...477...I have landed in the strangest of all places I have ever been...Despite the deep similarities and contrasts of Kusarian people, I haven't been able to make heads or tails of this place to make an effective search...I was able to contact Ilo in seeing if there was a place I could stay while in my search, strangely enough, he told me to look up his family here in Tokigawa...
*Bret continues his walk, exiting the corridor and entering a small clearing..Ahead of him lies what appears to be a small homestead, surrounded by a grove of trees...Bret checks his datapad again for correction to the map given, looks back up, and gives a light whistle*
Bret: Well..Here goes nothing...
*Bret walks up the few steps, looking around at the place, observing it for a few moments before continuing his walk to the main house...With a deep breath, he raises his left arm, tapping on the door a few times before quickly turning away*
Bret: Ohkay...No one here...Let's go..
*Bret quikly turns on his heel, taking a few steps before hearing the door open...He slowly turns his head and look into the doorway, a small girl holding the door open and peering upwards at him*
Bret: Oh...Hello...Erm...Koni...Konnichiwa?....

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--MARCH 14, 819 AS==
==LOCATION--TOKIGAWA CITY-- PLANET NEW TOKYO==
==GINSHOKU TEMPLE==

*Bret sits comfortably as the soft chimes of the temple bells sounds off the time, ringing in the evening hours..With a deep breath, he gets to his feet, wrapping his arms together in his hokama*
Bret: Date....March 14th...819 AS....Days in space...496....I've been on New Tokyo for almost a month now...No signs whatsoever of Charles, so I've been looking for ways outside of what Ive been used to doing...Well...At first I was a bit skeptical on coming here, but after a while It seems to have grown on me...This practice of religion that Ilo calls Bhuddism is a bit strange, but I think its views are spectacular....
*With another deep sigh, Bret continues his walk through the temple...His thoughts still troubling him as the cool air of the area blow through the building...A few moments pass by as he continues his walk, Ilo then appears, a little startled from the sudden meeting*
Ilo: Oh...There you are Bret-san...I've been looking for you..Please, walk with me...
Bret: Of course...
*The pair of them continue, each moving at a slow pace to as per custom*
Ilo: So...Are you enjoying your stay on New Tokyo my friend?...
Bret: Yes...I have been very peaceful here..Also thank you for bringing Vixen and Licentia here as well..The vacation for them was well needed as of late..
Ilo: I'm glad to hear that both your wife and child are doing well despite the cramped conditions of my families home...Has your mind been cleared with the help of our services here at the temple?..
*Bret rubs his bionic arm, a look of worry on his face as he turns his head away*
Bret: I don't know if this all will help in the long run, but I know that as of late it has given rise to my spirits as to knowing that Charles may still be alive, somewhere...out there...
Ilo: That's good to know, but don't be so hard on yourself...I'm sure you'll find him no matter what happens...Now come, I'm sure that dinner will be ready by the time we return...
*Bret makes a face of disgust, sticking his tongue out a little*
Bret: We're not having that misa soup again are we?...
*Ilo turns his head as he continues his walk*
Ilo: It's called 'Miso" soup...And yes...I see that Vixen has taken a liking to it...Why don't you share into such tastes as well?...
Bret: Bleh...I can't really stand it, but at least the suhea is good though....
*Ilo drops his head in humiliation, cupping his face with his palm*
Ilo: It's called 'Sushi'...Haven't I told you that already or do I need to keep instructing you in the Kusari language?...
Bret: No..It's just tough remembering all of it...And don't get me started on the writing...
Ilo: If you insist on using a translator I wont stop you, I was simply trying to put in a little culture to that head of yours..
Bret: Hey its not that I don't want to..Its just so confusing with all the symbols...Can you blame me for being so simple?...
Ilo: No I cannot..I'm simply trying to expand your mind..Nothing more...
*Bret shakes his head as they continue , walking across the small bridge as they enter Ilo's home...Both Ilo and Bret shake a moment as they hear a piercing scream from the house, causing them to run inside, Bret accidentally going through one of the sliding screen doors *

==END OF PART 1==

==START OF PART 2==

*Bret raises his head in a dizzy motion, looking up at Vixen and one of Ilo's siblings, they themselves looking confused in his actions*
Bret: Whaa-what happened?
*Ilo walks up behind him, reaching down and picking Bret up by the collar, looking frustrated in his action*
Ilo: That is the second door that you've destroy Bret-san...How many must we go through before you realize that you slide it to open?!..
Bret: Sorry..I heard the scream and..and...
*Vixen shows Licentia to him, her hair colored violet and adorning some bright makeup*
[Image: 28jdyts.jpg]
Vixen: We are all fine..We simply had a little fun with our little one...Doesn't she look cute?..
*Bret drops his head in humiliation, sighing deeply as he shakes himself a bit...He walks over to them, rubbing his paw against licentia's face*
Bret: Well..I suppose so...Come on, I'm sure dinner is ready..
*As they all take their seats, Bret makes a face when a bowl of miso soup is placed in front of him..Vixen notices and gives him a look as they begin to eat..After a few minutes, Bret clears his throat, attempting to gain everyone's attention*
Bret: I'm going to try and join TAZ..
*Everyone at the table turns their heads, licentia letting out a cry from the sudden silence of the room*
Vixen: You're going to try and go after that Gallic aren't you?...I thought we talked about this?
*Bret starts to rub the connection in his arm as he looks at her*
Bret: Well..I..Uhmm...I just want to try and get back into what I once was...And I feel I could find us a safe place to live in all hell breaks loose...
*Vixen turns back to Ilo, a look of worry on her face*
Vixen: Ilo..Talk you him..Try to get some sense into his thick skull...
*Ilo simply continues eating, unwaivering in his posture*
Ilo: If that is his choice, I wont say anything against it...
Vixen: Thanks for the help, oh wise one...
Ilo: You're welcome...
*Bret lets out a deep sigh, shaking his head as he listens to the two arguing*
Bret: I didn't think about this lightly you guys...If I can join in with them, we'll be able to keep licentia safe...Thats one of my wishes..
*They all nod a little as they go on with the rest of their meal...A few minutes later, Bret's datapad nearby sounds off*
Bret: I got it..
*Bret gets to his feet and walks over, tapping the pad and seeing a visual of Daniel*
Bret: Hello Daniel..What's up?...
Daniel: Guten tag herr uncle...Just calling everyone and seeing how you are all doing...I hope your little vacation on New Tokyo has served you well?..
*Bret tilts his head a moment in thought, pondering his reply*
Bret: Why in the name of sirius would you call me un..cle?...
*Bret's jaw drops a moment as Daniel beams on the other end of the call, nodding slowly*
Bret: You have got to be kidding me...
*Daniel shakes his head as he smiles*
Daniel: Nien...Veris told me earlier today, and I thought I would let you know..I've already signed up for a second job as a RepEx pilot to help earn enough to get a place on Stuttgart..I'll be letting the others know of this as well..
Bret: Well..How many?..Do you know?..
*Daniel puts up three fingers as the call ends, Bret raising his head up in disbelief, his eyes rolling to the back of his head as he passes out, slamming back onto the floor, everyone at the table scrambling to their feet*
Vixen: Bret?...Bret!...

==3 hours later==

*The group nears the Maverick II, refueling on one of the landing pads nearby..Bret holds his head, still dizzy from the encoutnter of Daniel's message as he turns to Ilo, nodding a few times*
Bret: Many thanks for letting us stay at your family's home here on New Tokyo...I must say I was surprised on how well they took people such as us in their house..
Ilo: You are quite welcomed dear friend, and don't worry, with all the things here in Kusari, its people are quite used to such things from some of the programs its youth watch...
*Bret nods a few times, his attention turning as an overheard floating billboard passes by*
INTERCOM: WE BREAK FROM OUR USUAL PROGRAM FOR A MESSAGE FROM EMPEROR JIEN KOGEN--People of Kusari and the Sigmas, it is my unfortunate duty to inform you...
*The group listens closely as the message continues, each watching as the situation unfolds*
INTERCOM:...on Planet Honshu, seizing documents, records and arresting 122 members of the Gas Miners Guild.
*Bret watches closely as photos of the ones arrested began to show, one catching his eye as it passed, A helemted pilot showing a strange eye through his visor...Bret pauses a moment in curiousity as it passes*
Bret: Charles?...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--MAY 19--819 AS==
==LOCATION--OMEGA 3==
==ABOARD THE.MAVERICK.V==

*The ship lays quiet as the night draws on, Bret lays in his bed along with Vixen, another sleepless night for him with all that has been happening for him..He turns his head over to Vix, watching her sleep peacefully for a few moments before stroking her face with hi paw..She doesn't move as he pulls away from her, turning his attention as Licentia starts to softly cry from her nearby crib...Bret slowly gets to his feet, walking over to the crib, sliding his one arm down and carefully picking her up into his arms, gently rocking her back and forth...He takes a slow breath as he starts to sing, hoping to quiet her down with his words*

...As long as I....remember the words...
...My prayers for your happiness...are in the evening sky...
...And mine as well...
...You've shown me your crying...and smiling face...
...With only that...I'm happy...

*Licentia starts to quiet down as Bret finishes, sitting down in the nearby chair and continuing to rock her slowly...Vixen rolls over in bed, looking at him with a smile*
Vixen: How come you never sing like that for me?...
Bret: Cause you never ask...Go back to sleep hun...I got her...
*Vixen nods as she lays back down, closing her eyes, Bret gets out of his chair, carrying licentia with him to the nearby window and gazing out into the nearby stars*
Bret: Days in space...557...Each day comes...Each day goes...I live my life to the fullest as possible...My family grows it seems with each passing moment...And new changes adds to it...With Evyn now the rank of Commander, her duties increase...With my brother Daniel now a father of triplets, He's as busy as ever just to keep things in line...I'm hoping to try and send a message to ask for Charles release, since I know he's one of those arrested...I hope things go alright...

==END OF LOG==

//Song if you want it
==DATE--JULY 4--819 AS==
==LOCATION--BAFFIN==
==ABOARD [TAZ]THE.MAVERICK.V--BRET'S PERSONAL QUARTERS==

*An unending silence fills the cabin as Bret looks upon a picture taken from a few weeks back, the smiling faces of many people gathered around in a moment of happiness...The picture shows of his family and friends, each with a smile on their faces as they all prepare to disembark Freeport 1 from the previous night's festivities...Bret let's out a deep, slow sigh as continues to look at the picture, his mind deep in thought for a few moments...He picks up the frame with his bionic hand, rubbing his eyes dry a moment as he fights back a few tears...Setting the frame back down, he presses a few buttons on the datapad on his desk, letting a soft music start to play as he continues to work on the pad*

Bret: Naoko....Could you make a video call to everyone please?...We need to talk about a few things..And I want to know if their still safe...
*An electronic voice comes over the pad*
Naoko: //Sir...Making calls now....Standby sir\\
*Bret waits a few minutes as he looks over to the display on his desk, several faces appearing at once...Bret rubs the back of his head as they begin to speak*
Bret: Hey you guys...I just wanted to check up on you all..See what was going on...
*Two of the darker images start to brighten up, showing Evyn and Feya rubbing their eyes, Feya pulling a sleeping visor up from her face*
Feya: Brrrroooo...It's like..2 am Bretonian time...What could be so important to call us at this hour?..
Bret: I wanted to talk to you all on the problems going back on in Omega 3...And to see if you guys were safe..
*Evyn plummets her head back onto her pillow, growling a little bit from his response*
Evyn: I'm honestly getting sick of the problems in Snowdown...That and I have so much work to do concerning my pilot division...Trust me its no fun getting shot at by rheinland battleships..
*Bret nods a bit as he hears a disgruntled tone coming from Daniel*
Bret: You alright Daniel?..You sound troubled...
*Daniel nods a few times as he pulls his cap off his head, shaking it a few times*
Daniel: Nien..I am not alright...Thiz stupid conflict is putting me under prezzure from the department, thinking I could be a colaborator with Bretonia due to Evyn and Feya's status in the BAF..I wont lie I've been doing fewer and fewer loads from RepEx headquarters, zhat and I'm being sent out less on patrols..I wont lie to you, I think I could get into trouble here...
*Agatha rubs her temple a bit as everyone listens in*
Agatha: You should probably start thinking of leaving Rheinland til this all cools down...
*Daniel shakes his head a few times*
Daniel: Nien...If I do that I'll look more guilty and could be prosceuted for such..I've already told Veris to take the kids out of the system just for that, and I know they're safe..
*Bret rubs his hand through his hair, contempt with the news...He looks over at Agatha's view, his mind in thought for a moment*
Bret: What's the Order's view on this?...
Agatha: We keep our distance, but since I'm one of the few operatives in the area...I'm going to keep observant just in case Das Wilde are operating in the area...They might have a hand in this to take any opprotunity they see fit...
Daniel: Be careful out there...Das Wilde are not to be taken lightly..I've fought a few of them myself..It wasn't pretty...

*The evening continues to go on, everyone starting to log off from the call one by one til only Daniel stays on the call*
Bret: Have you been able to get much information from any Gas Miners you come across in the Sigma's?...
Daniel: Ja..They say most of the Guild associates who were captured were taken to this prison in shikoku...I don't know much else on the situation due to routes given from Headquarters..Mien guess is that if you want to get him out of their, it would take a miracle...My only fear is that they execute him for what he is..Kusari is a very xenophobic place..I'm lucky enough to be alive myself for such here in Rheinland..
Bret: Agreed...We'll have to think of something...Just be careful out therE, alright?...
*Daniel smiles and gives Bret a gloved thumb's up..Pulling his cap back on with a smug look*
Daniel: Jawohl....Remember who you're talkin to on this...
*The viewscreen goes black, Bret taking a deep breath as he starts to turn off the lighting in the room, getting to his feet and laying down on his bed*
Bret: Date..July 3rd..819 AS...Days in space..602....I've heard of a few things and have recently discovered that the house of Liberty celebrates an old Sol tradition called the Fourth of July..A date that signifies rememberance in the freedom from tyranny and such..I feel that it will be the perfect time to try and free Charles from prison...By any means necessary...

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--JULY 4--819 AS==
==LOCATION--TAU 29--NEAR NAGO STATION ==
==ABOARD [TAZ]THE.MAVERICK.III==

*The subtle dust of the ice clouds continue to pass by as the small craft silently floats on through, pushing the smaller ice shards off its hull as Nago station begins to come into full view...Onboard, the heated whisps of steam billow from Bret's mug, his fifth one so far while he continues to wait for their planned visitor**

Bret: *taking slow, deep breaths* I've waited over a year to find him, and the ones bringing him to me are three hours late...
*Naoko hovers around the small cabin, keeping track of the instruments while they continue to wait for the arrival of their supposed company..After a while longer, Naoko flashes a bit, turning back to Bret*
Naoko: //Sir..They're here sir\\
*Bret turns his head as he looks up from his mug, spying a Kusari Gunship nearing them, the State Police insignia flashing a moment in the weak sunlight*
Naoko: //Sir..We are being hailed sir\\
Bret: Put em on...
*The faint beeping of Naoko's inter-workings sound as the vessel moves closer to the ship, coming alongside the III*
Chijin: This is inspector Chijin of the Kusari State Police ready for prisoner transfer...Standby, we're preparing to moor with your vessel..

*The deep thump of steel on steel sounded throughout the ship as the two vessels stood side by side..Breat walked through the narrow corridors til he reached the small side port, looking down the empty passageway while he waited for it to become pressurized..After a loud hiss sounded through the passageway, Bret reached over and activated the door controls, the heavy steel doors sliding open on both vessels...As he entered the corridor, 4 figures appear, one in cuffs and three wearing black suits...As they near each other, Bret notices the Insignias on their suit, stopping at the center of the corridor and giving a formal bow*

Bret: Konnabawa Inspector Chijin I presume...Arigato for coming on such short notice and approving the release of this prisoner into my custody..
*The inspector gave a nod as he pushed the forth person forward pass Bret, holding out a datapad*
Chijin: Sign here please...
*Bret gave a nod as he did, the cuffs on the persons arms falling to the ground with a crash..The figured rubbed his arms a bit as one of the officers came forward, picking them off the ground, as he did, the figure swing around, striking him full force in the face..Inspector Chijin and the second offcier drew their side arms and pointed them at the figure, Bret quickly standing between them to stop..With an angered glare Bret looks back, forcing the figure to walk down the corridor out of sight**
Bret: I apologize for that...Rude gesture..It wont happen again
*The inspector gave a nod as they both bowed in return, turning down the corridor and exiting to their vessel..After a few minutes, the moors were disengaged and the Kusari vessel began its return trip, Bret looking on as it flew down the lane...Behind Him Naoko studied the figure, hovering around a bit before floating back to Bret*

Naoko: //Sir..Our passenger has several bruises along his torso and abdominal area..Shall I have the medical area set up sir?\\
Figure: I'm perfectly fine you baka robot...
*Bret folded his arms as he turned around, walking up and smacking him in the face*
Bret: What the hell were you thinking when you hit that officer Charles?!..I thought you had more brains then that!..
*Charles turned his head away as he rubbed his muzzle from the strike, glaring back up at Bret*
Charles: You have any idea what I was put through on that damn prison?..You don't have any idea what I've gone through!...
*Bret growled angrily as he walked up to him, picking him up off the ground by his collar with his bionic arm, glaring in deep anger at him*
Bret: You're few weeks in that prison is nothing compared to what I've sacrificed to be able to find everyone over the past year..Don't you dare think none of us know pain in such matters...
*Bret tossed his small frame to the floor as he continued to yell at Charles*
Bret: I've lost parts of myself..Bled for others without a thought of reward...And everyone has as well...
*Charles got to his feet, swinging up at Bret in an attempt to hit him, however Bret quickly grabbed his hand and squeezed down, attempting to subdue him*
Charles: We wouldn't be in this position if you hadn't shot that pilot when we escaped the station!...
Bret: I did what I had to to make sure no one would follow us!..I had no idea the bullet would strike the controls as it did so don't you dare blame me for it!!
*Charles falls to the ground as he gives up, shaking his head as he walks off the bridge, not looking back as he does..Bret stands there a moment, staring at the door as he gives a deep sigh, looking at his hand a moment, Naoko hovering nearby in curiousity*
Naoko: //Sir..Is this what they call 'sibling rivalry' sir?\\
*Bret nodded a bit as he turned away, taking a seat in the command chair as he looked at his empty mug on the console*
Bret: You can say that...

==A few months later==
==Evyn and Feya's residence--Planet Cambridge==

Bret: What do you mean they discharged you two!?
*Evyn slammed her hands down on the table in a deep rage, knocking over the glasses on the table*
Evyn: The damned nerve of them calling us threats to Bretonia!...Threats!!..What did we damn well do to be a threat?!..Give someone an allergic reaction??
*Feya sat with them, still crying as she listened, clearly still in a state of shock from such*
Bret: That doesn't make a damn lick of sense to me..You two fought harder then most of the top brass any day and such to my belief..
Evyn: You think?!..Its not like I had any problems in such..Us risking our lives is one thing, this is completely another..Dishonorable discharge my ass...I don't believe it and never will!
*Evyn grabbed the bottle on the table and raised it to her face, chugging the alcohol inside it, doing so till half of it was empty and slamming back to the table*
Bret: What are you going to do now?...
Evyn: I'm going to keep flying even if they still call me a threat..I've put too much on the line to be stopped now..If they don't like the fact that I do and call me awol for it..Then so be it..I'd love to see the judges face when they try to put me in court for doing whats right...
*Feya simply walked out of the room, crying still as she slammed the door to her room, Loreley following her and sitting at the door...Daniel and Bret shake their heads from the sight, each picking up their glasses and taking a drink*
Daniel: Ja...Crazy things nowadayz I'll give you zhat...Now with Veris pregnant again..I'm not sure how much longer we can stay on Ze Ring..We need the space...
*Evyn, Agatha, and Bret look at him with a confused look on their faces, Evyn pointing the bottle at Daniel*
Evyn: Do you ever get off your wife?!...I mean gees..Three is bad and now a few months after your kids are born, you guys are at it again!...
Daniel: Actually..Its quite ze opposite..She can't seem to stay off of me...
Agatha: Males...You wont see me popping out kids anytime soon...
Daniel: Things happen zhat you cant control..And for us..Its zhat...
Evyn: Damn breeder...
Daniel: I beg your pardon?
*Bret put his glass onto the table as he folds his arms, shaking his head a little*
Bret: Guys..It's their choice on this matter..Not ours..Just respect it..
Evyn: Still....The first people those two turn to is Feya and me when they need..''Free time"...Babysitting isn't our forte here..
Bret: I know that..But at least they have family to be with..Its hard to see things elsewise in our lives now..
*Loreley walks up to the table, taking the glasses from them to the nearby sink, coming back and resting her head on Bret's bionic arm*
Loreley: You still have each other master...Isn't that what matters?..
*They all take a few nods as Agatha tilts her half empty glass, turning her attention to Bret*
Agatha: How's things going with Charlie?..
Bret: A few weeks after I picked him up..He left Baffin...I contacted GMG Headquarters on him..They say he's back working in Sigma space, but he didn't want to talk anytime soon..I keep tabs on him just in case...
Agatha: I see...
Bret: I don't know what to do about him..I don't even think he wants to see you guys at all...
Agatha: Kinda hard on us don't you think?...
Bret: He needs time to cool down..Just give him that and he'll come back...

==END OF LOG=
==DATE--DECEMBER 16--819 AS==
==LOCATION--FREEPORT XV--OMICRON 74 ==
==GUEST QUARTERS 392A==

*A loud thump sounds at a heavy travel case falls onto one of the twin beds of the room, the sounds of two tired bodies falling down onto the bed joining suit...Bret lets out a deep sigh as he reaches around, detaching his lower left arm and sits up, watching Licentia crawl and hop around on the floor, excited on her new surroundings...With a smile he looks over to Vixen, knowing the long wore them both out with their little one's adventurous spirit*

Bret: I'm surprised on how quickly she's grown..Just like Daniel and Veris's children...I just hope she doesn't grow up too fast...

*With a shake of his head, he checks the connection on his arm piece, opening a smaller case and pulling out a bit of cleaner, rubbing the steel a few times as he looks over to Vixen with a bit of a smile*
Smiling gently, Vixen returns the look with a nod, leaning on Bret's good side while she watches Licentia move around the floor.

"At least she is recieving a childhood, like she should have. No matter how short it may be. It would be an affront to her name if she didn't."

Her smile fades a little, but doesn't falter, and she sits up. "So, how long are we here for, my dear? I've never been to this Freeport before."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6