Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cafe d'Observateur d'Etoile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Gerald looked towards the two Brigadiers, one almost pouting the other happily chatting. He shook his head yet again at this.

"They are not destroying the Cafe, so I guess." He stated between sips. His Data link ping, making him quickly pull it out to read and respond to the update. That one thing he did not like. He had to keep check on all operations, be it finished patrols or major engagements. Finishing up, he waves for another drink to be brought and some food for himself. Seeing Lefevre's food made him remember his hunger after the long work hours he just gave.

"Its been a long time. Hows things been for you?"
Lefevre chuckled a bit. "Well it's only been a week, but it certainly feels longer. Cut off from everything, Lorraine is so desolate." He took a sip from his mug and tapped his data pad twice, moving to the next report. "The Council haven't gained any ground, but they can hold their position there as long as they want, what with the Champagne Jump Gate still open. Brigand activity is still minimal in the corridor between the Jump Hole and the Metz Zone, though. The pretty little bartender there is just as safe as always too, of course. Just as pretty as well. By the Crown, that's probably the only good thing about my tours out there."

Lefevre took a bite of his croissant, soft and flaky, taking a moment from his datapad to look around the floor, folllowing Gerald's gaze to the sulking Brigadier, then speaking again to the Directeur.

"How's the Old Bear been this past week without my help? I take it you've done something to piss in Perrot's coffee again, hm? He's a tad grumpier than usual, it looks like."
"Truthfully, I have no idea. I also don't care as long as he doesn't kill anyone that doesn't need to be killed and does his job."

He looks at the time on the wall, ignoring the fact his pad has the time in the upper right hand corner. Still a bit before his active shift was due. What a silly thing to call that, 'Active' shift. He was always working on and off the clock, his life becoming the job put onto him. Truthfully he didn't like that part.

"Yes, I'm glad we are in in a stalemate after that last push of theirs a week or two back. The brigands petty activities have gone down, but we have been getting problems with the Maquis doing raids on our men and women. They actually almost took on a Valor, but it was able to remove enough of them to be able to flee. I really need to adjust the patrol paths to be closer to the guides and defenses. Maybe-"

He looks up, noticing he was drifting into work. He shakes his head and takes a bite of a pastry he can never remember the name of.

"As you can see, I have been almost overworked. I can never see how Dupont did this and stayed calm."
"Relax, Lucas. Gallia won't fall apart if you turn your back for five minutes. Between me and the Capitaines we can keep the place ticking." Another bite of the croissant. He dabbed his napkin at the corner of his mouth, folded it once, and dropped it back on the table. "Dupont wasn't calm. Ever. that old hag was wound up tighter than the springs of that clock, and yes, she ran a tight ship. But you don't have to have fear to have respect."

"Now, let's get this matter with Perrot sorted out, I'd rather him not continue to make a scene." Not wanting to embarass anyone, Lefevre took a scrap of paper out of his satchel and scrawled on it.

[Image: perrotnote.png]
He folded the paper once in half and waved over a serving girl, instructing her to deliver the note. He turned back to Gerald. "Now let's see what happens, shall we?"

The serving girl walked over to Perrot's table apprehensively. She held out the folded paper. "F-from the Commissaire, monsieur."
As the waitress shakily extended the invitation to Perrot, he scowled in disgust,

"Spineless. Just spineless."

With a quick movement, the Brigadier snatched the snippet of paper and began making his way over towards the table at which Lefevre And Gerald were sitting. He pulled out a chair as far as he could without seeming overly estranged.

He regarded both of them with a calm, if somewhat uncomfortable stare, and looked down at the table again.

"Oui?"
"Brigadier, you're in a fouler mood than usual." Lefevre said sternly. "Is the purpose behind the scene anything we need to be concerned about?"
Leon was in a rather poor mood, having just lost his favorite Cougar in an attempt to remove several Sirian capital ships from the orbit of Nevers. While he had survived relatively unscathed, the defeat at the hands of a Sirian, despite it being a Battleship, was more than frustrating.

Deciding to get a drink to cool his temper, he had wandered into the Cafe. His sour mood dipped into an even deeper feeling of extreme anger upon seeing Brigadier Perrot at the Directeur's table. Endlessly he had worked, and with no hint of appreciation aside from the minuscule paycheck he received, and here was Simon, no doubt discussing the restoration of his previous rank.

Leon despised Perrot with a passion, and here he was again, taking something the furious officer knew he himself deserved. He approached the bartender, and ordered three glasses of vintage 685 A.G.S. high quality wine, and a glass of coffee prepared to the Directuer's standard specifications. He hastily drank the first wine glass.

Brigadier Chevalier began to collect the mucus from his lower throat, slowly gathering it towards the top of his mouth, and ejected it from his mouth. Its destination was the second glass of wine, and it made several drops of the liquid jump out of the glass and onto the bar counter. He grabbed a spoon, and stirred the wine glass until the mucus was no longer visible.

Putting a false smile on his face, he set the mucus-wine in front of Perrot, the other glass in front of the Commisare, and the coffee in front of the Directeur, merely said "A gift, for you mes amis." and walked out.
Francis watched Leon as he created the foul concotion.

Drawing the attention of his friends away from the soon volcano fury, he ordered a bottle of red wine from the shaken serving girl, and letting her off with a smile to ease the tension that Perrot had created. Wondering if the contract Perrot had signed with him that was based around cheques and credits had tipped his mood over the extremes.

Decidingly he turned his chair around so that he was not facing the scene that was about to commence, trying to not involve himself in anything besides a nice dinner at the Cafe.

Just as he was about to explain his predicament to the directeur and commisaire, his train of thought was broken by the unexpected delivery of wine by one Leon Chevalier.

He looked down at the glass, and then up at the co-worker whom he so hated. Deciding things could certainly not get worse if he were a bit drunk while he told of his troubles, he cautiously accepted the glass.

With the first sip, his eyes went wide, and he began desperately spitting up the foul, foul wine.

Phlegm.

"LEON!"

Without a second thought, his sad thoughts were smashed to the back of his head, to be suddenly replaced by a flood of unbridled anger that no other man could possibly match.

The Brigadier leaped up from the table, landed on both feet, and bolted out of the cafe. Leon had not caught him in a good mood.
Leon's day brightened the instant he heard his name, oh how his heart soared with joy! However, Perrot was behind him, as were the Directeur and Commisare down the hall, if he did not play his cards right, he might come out of this with a less than pleasurable outcome. He wiped the large grin from his face and turned around to face Perrot.

"Hello honored ex-lieutenant." Leon put extra emphasis on the ex to intentionally anger Perrot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26