Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cafe d'Observateur d'Etoile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
"I've had a lot of free time. I ended up working in the bookkeeping offices for a while."

Amelie looked toward the window and watched a patrol drift by.
Luc walked into the Café for the second time that night, although this time less desirably so, especially after having to sidestep the puddle down the corridor.

At least the janitorial staff was kind enough to put up a "CAUTION: Wet Floor" sign.

As soon as he laid eyes on Gerald's table, he saw Chevalier sitting in the spot that earlier belonged to Perrot. And not the Chevalier he just had sent to his room.

"By the Crown, I take care of one awkward situation for him and he goes and gets himself into another," he muttered to himself. Luc again walked over and took his seat at the table, satchel still resting in its place opposite of Gerald where he'd left it.
Muttering in relief, he pulls a tired smile as Luc joins them. It was getting awkward in a way he couldn't deal with.

"How did things go? I hope they all will all stop their nonsense after what you talked to them about."
Amelie silently breathed a sign of relief and sipped her coffee while her superiors conversed.
"We'll find out, won't we? They're not fighting in the hallway any longer, so that's the most pressing matter taken care of."

He nodded to Chevalier. "Evening, madame."
"Oui, Commissaire." She shifted in her seat.
Thought how things were actually calm again. Three police men and women, mostly friends sitting around without having to worry about issues. It was most grand.

"So Amelie, remember that time in space with that Gallic slut..." And with that, the day closes with three Brigadiers told to straighten up and three old buddies joking about old times.
[font=Times New Roman]Leon entered the cafe through the back entrance and scanned the room looking for the Directeur. Naturally, Gerald was in the corner at his table sipping his specially brewed coffee. He walked towards the Directeur's table and handed Gerald a datapad.

"Look through this [color=#FFFFFF]neural-net entry. It seems we've been invited to a party hosted by Mallory and Lambert. I've sent them a feel good response, but I'd like to discuss a few issues I've got with their offer."
Quickly looks over the data pad and frowns. He disliked parties of formality, they never had the right drinks. No bother to him, he always brought his own. He sipped his coffee and looked up. It was sometimes odd talking to Leon about these types of things. He has stepped up in rank so much.

Yes, sure. Lay it on me.
[font=Times New Roman]
[color=#FFFFFF]"While you've seen that the Crown's given them a bit of leeway in their operations, as a symbol of trust, I don't quite feel the same way. And the fact that Alice DeFrance's the one who gave them that leeway puts me on edge. Wherever the hell she's dissapeared to this time, she took the Normandie, and half a battlegroup with her. That's enough to make me just a little bit suspicious. Enough about the Princess though, she's not the biggest problem I've got with Mallory and Lambert."

[color=#000000]Leon rubbed his forehead with the palm of his hand for a second and resumed talking.

"This corporation's appeared out of the blue. They claim to do the dirty work for the Crown, I don't know if the Crown sees the Junkers as a waste of time, or if they're just trying to cover more ground. But the Junkers have been doing their job to a good extent. If we're going to trust them, we need something that'll guarantee their actions will have a positive effect for us."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26