Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
' Wrote:And here we see a perfect example of the type of mindset that bothers me so much. I have a ship that our of RP but it's ok because it looks cool and I think it's neat-o, it doesnt matter that there's no reason for a bounty hunter here. It's the way we want to do it, so bugger off.
Another example, we will use the ships we are supposed with our RP.....except when we need to use ships that dont fit the RP so we can win.

PS Berrik, did you just join the fourm, are you joining Gcorp, because you didnt really make that clear. You have 3 post and thier all on this thread, did you show up just to fart at us?

I may or may not join it. I'm playing quite a lot of other stuff at the moment and am also busy with the holidays, et cetera, et cetera.

I don't have a problem with a decent portion of the folks here, just the slope browed and the slack jawed.
' Wrote:I don't have a problem with a decent portion of the folks here, just the slope browed and the slack jawed.

This is the kind of attitude that's annoying folks... it's downright infuriating when people bring legitimate concerns and you respond with "We don't care, we're better than you" insults. Now, I'm going to go club the local Homo Sapiens and paint on my cave wall.
' Wrote:And here we see a perfect example of the type of mindset that bothers me so much. I have a ship that our of RP but it's ok because it looks cool and I think it's neat-o, it doesnt matter that there's no reason for a bounty hunter here. It's the way we want to do it, so bugger off.
Another example, we will use the ships we are supposed with our RP.....except when we need to use ships that dont fit the RP so we can win.

PS Berrik, did you just join the fourm, are you joining Gcorp, because you didnt really make that clear. You have 3 post and thier all on this thread, did you show up just to fart at us?

Good to see this thread calmed down a bit, now to your question.

I asked him about the BH destroyer, at the time he said he became a bounty hunter for awhile before leaving them to work for us. I'm not entirely sure of the details, so he'll have to explain it himself.

But please, I'm sure you've bought a ship once in awhile just because it looked cool, don't act like your above such things.

As for that Berrik guy, if he's one of mine he better shut his hole(both of them).

Quote:Hehe, i wouldn't forget that.
Anyway, Junkers can't be neutral to GMG, really, if your goal is to exterminate pirates from Sigmas.
They are using Junker base in S-13 as a base for resupply etc.
I fail to see them as neutral, sorry

Eh, it's not our goal at all. I keep telling you, the posts by my members at the moment are due to our current situation(Our asses parked in Sigma-13) and not of the faction when the ball gets rolling. GMG is neutral to the Junkers and so will we until we have some reason not to be. I've ran into a few Junker Roleplayers and the didn't attack any of our members nor demand tax. So for now I consider them neutral.

Also if we're blaming the Junker base as a reason to set them unfriendly, I might aswell set the Zoners to unfriendly too for housing Corsairs etc, or even GMG itself because alot of the pirate that hang around there aren't even hostile to GMG. So that opinion is sort of null, can't blame NPC's for PC's exploiting them.
Wow ive just wasted 30 minutes of my life reading all this crap.

Guess the only thing i would like to add to this mess is all this talk about Corsairs being oorp and pwning you all so you need loads of caps to counter it.

I think you will find we only use our own or allied weapons just like any other faction, the Brotherhood users more fighters and bombers than anything else and no ship bigger than a gunboat ever enters sig 13.

Of course we cant control and tell all the independent Corsairs and pirates what to fly but i can tell you this you wont see the brotherhood cap whoring or using oorp guns or ships, we fly titans and corsair bombers 90% of the time, im pretty sure everyone will tell you that.

I operate in sig 13 quite allot and you don't have it as hard as you make out in there.

Anyway now thats cleared up, good luck with it, im sure we will be seeing each other in sig 13 soon;)
Oh wow this thread went crazy since I last posted...I will attempt to clear some things up.

First of all, Ministries works fine...thats our command structure. Instead of "Tsar", Kerc would better be considered "CEO" of GMG...but we chose not to say that since other members of this community were considering forming another GMG faction as well. Which lead to why we chose to be a more "exploration" based RP.

Secondly, I have noticed this game is based more on "escalation" than anything else. We start using heavier weapons to fend off our foes...and they respond with something better....but our feelings are not in away way directed toward the Corsair clan here. All I'm saying is, there's not much a few GMG fighters and a gunboat can do against a Corsair gunboat armed with nomad turrets.
But it would be against our RP to roll-over and submit to the pirate forces on this server. Our faction uses the Sigmas extensively, and it would be OOC to just let pirates run around unchecked.
This also happens to be the reason behind allowing our guys to use looted weapons. We are not a House faction...but neither are we a ragtag crew. GMG cannot be classified according to House or Pirate standards, we are a relatively independent faction in the sense that the only thing we rely on is our H-Fuel profits. I like the idea of using looted weapons during RPing operations.

Thirdly, Sigma-13 is not entirely under our control. I have hinted at this in another RP thread, and it still makes complete sense and stands. ALG controls the "bottom" half of the system. Junkers the left center. And GMG the rest. And, no, Junkers are not neutral...in fact, I was assaulted and killed by two Junker tagged gunboats the other day. I don't care how similar they are to Zoners, they are hindering our efforts in that system, and do on occasion attempt to rob people.
But let's not forget that while one group may consider us hostile...we don't necessarily have to feel the same way in return. I've flown by several {BD} tagged players and neither have been, nor have fired upon them.
I do kinda wish we could be friendly with the Rheinland pirate factions though. I have yet to meet one that was rude(in a non-RP sense) toward me.

Fourthly, I agree with the bomber argument. I have already posted pictures of the Taiidan Bomber in our forums. And I plan on outfitting and testing good setups on one soon. Thank you for the advice...I always considered Gunboats to be anti-fighter, not the other way around.
And we would naturally have several different vessels floating around since we worked with Kishiro to design several completely different ships. So a "rag-tag" group of fighters is not a big concern to us.
On a similar note, while we could use "Debilitator" weapons, but the Kusari "Disinfector 3" seems a better choice.

We appreciate everyones thoughts, especially those from one of our more prominent enemies, the [RM].
And I completely assure you we are working very hard to get our "ducks in a row" as it were.
As a last note, I hope these two links can shed a little more light on our faction idea.
HERE
And HERE

Cool your jets, guys...we'll see you in space! :)
' Wrote:--Also, Juan, we have every RP right to seem "pompous" and "arrogant"...we are not considered a House, yet we defeated the most powerful House in Sirius. So it would technically be in character for us to act this way. Regardless of the circumstances of our success.
I apologize if we seemed confrontational over this issue. But I believe you too would be confrontational if we came into your "Faction Submission Thread" and started throwing out "corrections". This thread was posted to announce ourselves more than to allow people pick apart our structure. Not to mention the fact that your first two posts contained nothing but unnecessary flak anyway.
Cool your jets, bud...we'll see you in space! :)

Now, you're making some nice progress... but the pomposity and arrogance mentioned by Juan was entirely out of character. Act arrogant in-character all you like, I really love that... but don't do it out-of-character.

Now, Juan himself has had to deal with criticism before, and he has dealt with it in a very positive manner and taken it as it was intended - constructively(and with good humour, I might add.). Faction submissions are about criticism and advice, not just blowing your trumpet and saying 'look, we've arrived, so deal with it!'
' Wrote:Now, you're making some nice progress... but the pomposity and arrogance mentioned by Juan was entirely out of character. Act arrogant in-character all you like, I really love that... but don't do it out-of-character.

Now, Juan himself has had to deal with criticism before, and he has dealt with it in a very positive manner and taken it as it was intended - constructively(and with good humour, I might add.). Faction submissions are about criticism and advice, not just blowing your trumpet and saying 'look, we've arrived, so deal with it!'

Which is fair enough, it's just after the first few pages it went from criticism to "DO THIS NOW OR YOU'LL GET BANNED" and other empty threats. They were hardly constructive and just pissed me off.
- So, it is against your RP to let pirates rule over Sigmas, so you can use whatever you like.
Ok.
Can you re-engage? It would be fair, because, it would be against your RP for pirates to conquer Sigma-13.
See my point?

Quote:On a similar note, while we could use "Debilitator" weapons, but the Kusari "Disinfector 3" seems a better choice.
This is like saying "While LF's are good, Battleships seem a better choice"
If you arm your Bomber with disinfectors only, you have nothing to kill shields.
You need pulse weapons. Debilitators are the only available for you.

Quote:Also if we're blaming the Junker base as a reason to set them unfriendly, I might aswell set the Zoners to unfriendly too for housing Corsairs etc, or even GMG itself because alot of the pirate that hang around there aren't even hostile to GMG. So that opinion is sort of null, can't blame NPC's for PC's exploiting them.
Problem is.. I wasn't saying this OORP.
If someone is using Yanagi for repairs and resupplies, to attack GMG, then you have a problem, in RP.
Zoners are neutral to all, Junkers are neutral to pirates, not to everyone.
See my point? I'm trying to be constructive.

-{BD}- will not chase you trough Sirius to attack you, but if we spot your vessels in New Tokyo, we will pursue. Especially if they are combat vessels, Traders might be left alone, or taxed only.
Nice... looks like it will work for you in the end.

------------
' Wrote:All I'm saying is, there's not much a few GMG fighters and a gunboat can do against a Corsair gunboat armed with nomad turrets.

Here's where you are wrong.. they can do everything against them...*points at RM*
I suggest you start practicing with your bombers and fighters.... they are best anti-cap counters.....

Quote:On a similar note, while we could use "Debilitator" weapons, but the Kusari "Disinfector 3" seems a better choice.

As Chopper wrote Debilitator is the only thing you have against sheilds...and Debilitators are actually quite good.. especially if you look at energy efficiency.
Stinger, Eagle and Viper have 6 slots... time to get 2 imp. debilitators on all of them... and set-up your weapon groups.

---------------
That's my last educational post here :)

Can we please move from the topic of sigma-13? I keep mentioning that we're not having any thing to do with the system due to the nature of the corp...yet we keep bringing it up. Leave the dead horse alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14