Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
' Wrote:Corporate Council: (These are all untagged)
1.Tsar of the Fleet
2.Minister of Security
3.Minister of Commerce
Kerc: I don't know if you or members of your faction are Russian in real life, but there aren't any Russians in the Sirius sector, so using "Tsar of the Fleet" doesn't work. I suggest "Fleet Commander" or "Commander of the Fleet."

Like Chopper, I am one of the leaders of the Black Dragons. You need to list Hogosha as Hostile, along with our player faction, -{BD}- Black Dragon Society.

Chopper and others have pointed out most of the mistakes that you're making. Some of your members have already been sanctioned for violating rules. If the Admins see GCorp using OORP weapons, you will be sanctioned. You need to be much stricter on your weapons rules.

Chopper: I think I see the problem. Kerc and company mistranslated exploration force. They meant exploitation force.
Quote: Chopper: I think I see the problem. Kerc and company mistranslated exploration force. They meant exploitation force.

:laugh:

I'm saying all those things for your own good, believe it or not.
If you don't sort that out, you will have a lot of troubles running that faction.
And it wouldn't surprise me if it failed, it wouldn't be the first to fail because not limiting it's members enough.
' Wrote:Kerc: I don't know if you or members of your faction are Russian in real life, but there aren't any Russians in the Sirius sector,

There is no Russian-based House, but I think the odds that there are no Russians is rather unlikely. We could also say there are no Chinese, Arabs, Africans, Australians, Canadians... I'm sure there are Russians, who may or may not have kept their culture alive, even if they were a minority.

Yeah, really has nothing to do with faction titles, unless their group was founded by one of these minority Russians.
Your suggestions make in impossible to roleplay in any enjoyable manner. At any given moment, we are outnumbered by pirates at least 2-1. They usually fly capital ships. They have access to basically the best weaponry and equipment around. They have a nearly limitless source of income. They don't roleplay their factions. And they are generally more experienced pilots than us. We simply cannot combat them using fighters and the limited weaponry you demand. The result would be as it is now, GMG space would be controlled by corsairs, and GMG would be relegated to running and hiding.

We can't even rely on GMG NPCs to aid us, as almost every pirate I've seen was neutral to them. :rolleyes:
' Wrote:There is no Russian-based House, but I think the odds that there are no Russians is rather unlikely. We could also say there are no Chinese, Arabs, Africans, Australians, Canadians... I'm sure there are Russians, who may or may not have kept their culture alive, even if they were a minority.

Yeah, really has nothing to do with faction titles, unless their group was founded by one of these minority Russians.
You didn't quote what I said about the title. "Tsar" is a Russian word. Russia was supposedly one of the Coalition enemies that the sleeper ships fled. Why would the sleeper ships take any Russians with them? If a ship in the U.S. Navy had been sunk during World War II with Japanese prisoners on board, I'm sure that priority for space in the lifeboats would have gone to Americans, not Japanese. Space on the sleeper ships would've been saved for loyal citizens of their respective nations, Liberty, Rheinland, Bretonia, Hispania and Kusari. I can't conceive of space being saved for neutrals (Arabs and Africans who would've had no reason to flee in sleeper ships, unless they had already been assimilated into another culture, such as Liberty), much less enemies (Russians and Chinese). A few Canadians and Australians could have been on the Liberty and Bretonia sleeper ships. Anyway, "Tsar" is inappropriate terminology for a GMG-based player faction -- the point I was trying to make and that you ignored.
-It is possible to RP in an enjoyable manner. If your wish is to "PWN pirates" and enjoy, i rest my case.
-They usually fly capital ships. Then you should usually fly Taiidan bombers. That's simple.
-They don't have access to best weaponry, they have access to theirs + allies weaponry.
-They don't have limitless source of income, that's just silly.
Traders are their income, Pirating is what they do. And that instantly kills your next sentence, which says that they don't role play their factions.
-It is not about combating here, mate.
It is about RP. You simply can't use all that you want, even if you need it to win a battle. Especially if you need it to win a battle.
-And now it seems that RP is inferior to PVP, in your faction.
You should reconsider that as well.

And if they are more skilled then you, and you want to use best of the best because of that.. I have something to say.
Maybe you should become skilled as well then, before making a faction?
I mean, if PVP is of that importance to you, then start practicing, don't make a faction.
However, if you are not skilled, but RP is more important, then go ahead and make a faction. And RP it well.
But it doesn't seem that way, sorry.
Don't just use the best, You will never learn to fly if you fly only the best.
It's "Exploration, Expedition, and Acquisition Forces" for a reason.

-We Explore for new resources...Implying fighter wings.
-Send out Expeditions to investigate those resources...Implying cruisers and gunboats to help defend our explorers.
-We then Aquire those resources...Possibly using a battleship(s) to secure the area, while our transports run back and forth...

In case you hadn't docked on a GMG base in a while...all the npc people there are "Asian"...soooo, flying Kusari ships was the natural choice...
But if you insist, we don't have to use them. I personally prefer the IMG ships.
We are a Guild...though we really use mostly GMG ships...some of our guys use the Kusari or Zoner ones...
However, a battleship would be a jointly operated vessel.
So, we should be allowed to have a variety of ships in our forces, so long as they're GMG, Zoner, Kusari(with KNF approval), Kishiro, and civilian...

As far as weapons go...the GMG Skyblasts are, yes, very good weapons...but they cannot seem to pierce gunboat shields...so our fighters are defenseless against them. Therefore, we have opted for other more effective options.

' Wrote:If suggestions are not welcome, you should say so.
Do not get insulted on every and each suggestion we make.
It is for the good of the community.
As Sbutt said, you are not obliged to even consider them.
You can always do as you wish.
But this is a faction proposal, not a final faction status (as i can see).
So, we are allowed to give suggestions, comments and critiques.
Mine is too many ships.
And lootable weapons.
That's simple.

There is no reason what-so-ever for you to flip out when we attempt to discuss some of our ideas.

Kerc is our Tsar...so what? We expected more flak on this title from the Communists in Gamma than the rest of you...you may call him whatever you want...but he is the "Tsar" to us.
Yeah, I thought that other things would need sorted before getting to 'Tsars'... I'd go with something more corporate sounding, actually, but it is a term now used in the West nowadays.

But, anyway, corporate titles or feudal titles, us Commie Coalitioners will blow those battleships up. It's our speciality.

On Arabs... they were Coalition too. Just ask Commander Al'Rahan of the Ramases.II.;)
The "Tsar" Isn't an official title, rather it was an in-joke so stop taking it so damn seriously.

And can we stop going on about the exploration? You implement the mining of gas clouds and we'll freaking do it, until then we'll do it exactly the same way as the GMG Npc's do. Immovable stations do the mining, we do the fighting and transporting.

And the reason I'm getting irratated by 'suggestions' is because they ARE NOT SUGGESTIONS, rather your picking my idea apart and saying "NA-UH DON'T GO THERE SISTER", simply because you don't like the idea and think we're full of crap doesn't make it so. Most of the people who have posted haven't even SEEN us operate yet and are merely going under nothing but your own assumptions. Get over it.

I'm trying to be lenient and make changes that will be suitable but instead my entire faction is being flamed because the rest don't like the idea of having someone that's actually armed.
' Wrote:Your suggestions make in impossible to roleplay in any enjoyable manner. At any given moment, we are outnumbered by pirates at least 2-1. They usually fly capital ships. They have access to basically the best weaponry and equipment around. They have a nearly limitless source of income. They don't roleplay their factions. And they are generally more experienced pilots than us. We simply cannot combat them using fighters and the limited weaponry you demand. The result would be as it is now, GMG space would be controlled by corsairs, and GMG would be relegated to running and hiding.

We can't even rely on GMG NPCs to aid us, as almost every pirate I've seen was neutral to them. :rolleyes:

the biggest corsairs ship in sigma is gunboat,and most of the time is there only one gunboat and others fly in fighters/bombers. and outnumbered?most of the time are in sigma gmg(your faction) and bounnty hunters in gunboats/cruisers/battlecruisers, and BH are not on pirate side.and how they dont roleplay their faction?when they try to tax gmg their are not in roleplay?and when all say that simply cannot combat with enemy because they have limited weapons,the roleplay here is over,because all try to have the best available,not the best from current faction.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14