Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Scotland Yard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: BretoniaFlagPS2.png]
[Image: BretoniaFlagPS2.png]

New Scotland Yard
Professional. Incorruptible. Dependable.

//The BPA is dedicated to the internal safety of Bretonia, protecting it's citizens from piracy, murder, terrorism, and the retail of dangerous controlled substances.

This is our official communications channel. All posts should be in RP, regardless of the reason or substance of the post. If you do not understand this term or are confused about this term, please read the Forum Rules prior to posting.

You should not post here unless...
- You are a member of the BPA.
- You are a member of an allied faction.

IF...
- You wish to join, Click Here

POSTING FORMAT

Any format is fine, so long as you clearly state the following:

- Who the message is intended for.
- Who the message is from.
- The subject of the message.

Patrol Reports:
Of course, you may feel free to create your own template, but here is one for you just in case you are in a hurry!
Code:
[align=center][color=#CC0000][size=Xx-large][b]Incident Report[/b][/size][/color][/align]

[color=#636363][b][size=large][color=#0000b2]⇒[/color] Case Number: **Case Number Here**
[color=#0000b2]⇒[/color] Incident/s: Incident/Event Here**
[color=#0000b2]⇒[/color] Location: **Location Of Patrol/Incident Here**
[color=#0000b2]⇒[/color] Reporting Officer: **Your Name Here**
[/size][/b][/color][hr]

[size=medium]**Report Here**

Conclusion:
[color=#0000b2]►[/color] **Conclusion Here**

Officers in attendance:
[color=#0000b2]►[/color] **Officers In Attendance Here**

Callsign of the suspect vessel/s questioned are:
[color=#0000b2]►[/color]**Vessels Callsign Here**

Evidence:
**Evidence Here**

This concludes my report

[color=#636363]**Rank And Full Name Here**
[font=Merienda One][size=X-large]**Signature Here**[/size][/font]
Bretonian Police Authority[/color][/size]

NSY CommChannel Status: OPEN
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: LOW
To: New Scotland Yard
Subject: Equipment requisition

Good day, HQ. If all goes well, I should be in a reasonably new Arrow interceptor within the day, ready to enforce Her Majesty's wishes. I will send another message when my fighter is properly ID'd and tagged.

Transmission End...
NSY CommChannel Status: CLOSED
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: NORMAL
To: Cons. Heather Barclay
Subject: re: Equipment...

Hello Constable Barclay, it is an honor to have you flying with us.

I hope that your gear will be preped soon, and we will be sending along some monetary aid as soon as our bank accounts are cleared.

An aside about the Arrow...Inspector Lauderdale will have a field day with you. But don't worry, you have my permission to fly it with distinction.

Stay frosty out there,
Shepp

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
To: New Scotland Yard HQ
Subject: Patrols

Jimmy Fletcher pleased to be reporting for duty, Sah! Managed to convince the good people at the construction yards on Planet Cambridge to ready a ship for me sooner rather than later, meaning my shiny new Hussar is sparkling from the fresh coat of paint. I'm in the process of upgrading the weapons and it will be fully outfitted shortly.

Being eager to reinforce the increased police presence in Bretonia, I decided to try out some of the shorter patrol routes. As I reached the New London -> Cambridge Jump Gate, an obnoxious Molly appeared on the extremely short range scanners. I inquired as to the creature's business in the land, but in no uncertain terms I was told to mind my own.. Since it was in control of a rather large destroyer at the time whereas my ship was the size of one of its turrets, I decided prudence was the order of the day, choosing to write an infraction notice rather than use force.

Stronger measures will definitely need to be in place to deal with such behaviour and for the safety of our fine citizens.

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: LOW
To: New Scotland Yard
Subject: ID & IFF

I'm pleased to report my Arrow's IFF is now flashing "Police", and I've finally acquired those Ultra Sunrails I've had my eye on. Went on a brief patrol with another Constable, and uncovered nothing of note. All was disappointingly quiet...but, I suppose that's better than too much action.

Where are the BAF? I haven't seen my brother's gunboat or bomber around lately.

Transmission End...
Incoming Transmission...
To: All
Subject: Fine work!

Fine work on everything men! But before we get too settled down, I would like to announce that we will soon be holding our annual race, the Annual Cambridge Light Horse Classic in Dublin.

As a former member of the CLH, I would liketo extend an invitation to you to participate in the event. But in order for the event to be successful, I am going to need a bit of a crack-down in Dublin.

The Mollys and Corsairs are not going to ruin a tradition!

Transmission End...

GENERAL ANNOUNCMENT

Any traders carrying the below goods:

Synth Marajuana

Are to be stopped and fined one million credits.

Their cargo is not to be seized.

----------------------------------------

Any traders carrying the below goods:

Cardamine

Are to be fined 2 Million Credits, and directed to sell their cargo in Kusari space.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Robert Carlyle, BPA Commissioner
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: HIGH
To: New Scotland Yard, BPA HQ
Subject: First patrol day & encounter

Gentlemen,

I just landed on Planet Leeds launchpad after a very eventful day.
My partner, Samuel Vimes, and myself acquired our shiny new Hussars today on Planet Cambridge and received our BPA IDs from the New London Police Academy. We took off the Planet and begun our first patrol.
After a few minutes, our long-range scanners went flashing; several vessels with Kusarian names seemed to cross Edinburgh system:

[Image: bpa1fl0.th.png]

We turned up our engines and headed for Edinburgh. When we arrived, said ships had already left the system via the Dublin jump hole. Could it be that the enemy is after our gold?
Anyways, as we were still discussing the next steps in front of the Dublin jump hole, a Kusarian farmer gunboat named Ze'ev's Rage showed up:

[Image: bpa2ba9.th.png]

As Constable Vimes was still scanning the cargo hold, the farmer opened fire. While trying to dodge the shots, Samuel's new Hussar was reduced to a few metal plates...

[Image: bpa3gy5.png]

Luckily, I could tractor in his rescue pod. He is currently in treatment at Leeds medical centre.
Left alone against the gunboat, I could barely scratch his shields a tad. After a short time, I decided to retreat since Constable Vimes was in no good condition.

I made it to Planet Leeds safely without further interruptions.

I want to thank you for letting us join your ranks, gentlemen. And I hereby try to apologize for our first defeat.

Constable Cooper out.

Transmission End...
NSY Channel Status:OPEN
Incoming Transmission...
Priority:NORMAL
To:New Scotland Yard, BPA HQ
Subject:My First Two Days.

Greetings High Command. Constable Scott here. Yesterday after completing my IFF and getting the ID I began my patrol. As I patrolled New London I came across a UoG Molly in a Barghest bomber. I opened fire and I must've destroyed his engines on the first salvo for he never moved. He was easily destroyed.

The next day (today) I and Constable Cooper were patroling when we detected two pirates in Cambridge. A red hessian and a UoG. Cooper was already there and I was coming from Leeds. I arrived just as Cooper was putting the UoG into arrest. There was a conversation next to Norfolk. Then the red hessian arrived and they surprise attacked us. We quickly recovered and engaged the red hessian first. They were both in bombers so we easily out manuvered them in our hussars. Soon the red hessian was down. We then engaged the Molly and destroyed him just as a UoG gunboat arrived. We stay near Norfolk as it took damage but an ion storm came and blew us all away.

Glorious victories for Bretonia!

Long live the queen!

Transmission End...
NSY Channel Status:CLOSED
Incoming Transmission...
To: Constables Cooper and Scott
Subject: Excellent

My good sirs,

Do I need to mention...EXCELLENT? Do not be disappointed by your first loss, Constables Cooper and Vimes. Your bravery is well appreciated by the queen herself. While Mr. Vimes is recovering, I suggest that we maintain the fact that we are a police faction. Do not in any situation, hesitate to run.

Mr. Scott, brilliant work. But just a quick update, we are planning races in the Dublin system soon, and it might be prudent to show those UoG Leprechauns who's boss!

In addition, it is quite troubling that there are Red Hessians traversing from Rheinland to Bretonia. Now, I was also under the impression that the Mollys and the Hessians were on friendly terms, but those Hessians are a little far from home.

For the current moment, all Hessians are to be treated like the Mollys.

On a final note, remember that the BPA is a police faction. Aside from chasing the Leprechauns out of Bretonia, our other factions include making sure that no dangerous substances enter Bretonia. Make sure that ALL of the policies above are executed.

Otherwise, great work!

Good luck and Godspeed,
Bill Sheppard, Superintendent

Transmission End...

----------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL UPDATE

-The status information in the first post has been changed, particularly the faction policies! Please reread, and if necessary, PRINT OUT the BPA faction policies and make sure that they are enforced to the letter!