Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About the whole CR Tech Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1644990

Since we now have the tech nerf in effect and thus the tech chart is just a guideline now to how your tech will be nerfed/not nerfed....

Doesn't that make tech permissions obsolete and unwarranted and therefore they didn't break any rules cause in effect there are no more tech rules.

the permissions are not restricted by the tech chart ( green, white, purple. red ), but you still need faction approval.
No. Closed factions with their own tech lines were to have the ability to regulate their own tech as it was in .85. This would've been reflected in the tech rules once we got around to updating them.
' Wrote:No. Closed factions with their own tech lines were to have the ability to regulate their own tech as it was in .85. This would've been reflected in the tech rules once we got around to updating them.

I get the reasoning behind it, really.

But I also think it's not fair toward other factions.
:

i m not quite sure whats the official and up-to-date stance now.... .

regarding to MY information ( dev forum, dev chat ) - the ENTIRE 4.85 tech request rules still apply ... until the admins officially change the rules.

[color=#FF0000]i would also suggest - NOT to make a difference between closed factions and public ones - the great idea of 4.86 was to actually balance the gap of factions vs. independents - which had grown larger in 4.85.

the tech nerf applies to closed factions just as it applies to open ones. - so i suggest you find a solution that can be applied to all factions alike ... without giving exclusive factions ANY special benefit.

personally - i WISH that we KEEP the parent faction approval pre-requisite. ( for all official factions, not invite only or closed factions )

if we remove it - and make things free for all.... i daresay - the tech nerf must be more severe to discourage for example : zoners flying Valors
' Wrote:No. Closed factions with their own tech lines were to have the ability to regulate their own tech as it was in .85. This would've been reflected in the tech rules once we got around to updating them.

Understandable, but CR's ship line wasn't closed or regulated in 4.85 due to it being split with IMG... and also since the tech rules are for 4.86 are exactly laid out and clear I can see why CR did what they did...

I don't think its fair for them to be penalized for an honest mistake and mis understanding. Just saying it doesn't seem like they had any malicious intent.
it was my understanding that the tech-mix nerf was introduced to get rid of the tech chart.

is this not the case?
I'm in no way recommending not following the current tech rules. You're absolutely right, Jinx, we haven't updated them yet. So as such, those rules still stand until we do.

I know I told a couple members otherwise shortly after launch, but I was jumping the gun there.

Vlko, eventually, yes, for the most part. Until then, play by the rules as written.
it is a VERY significant decision - and it must be made by basicly all - community, devs and admins.

the advice is to go as puretech as possible ...

the advice also is to ask the parent faction about it ... and if they say NO ... to THINK AGAIN.

so - even if the entire tech-chart becomes free-for-all ..... it STILL is "good manners" to ask the parent factions and ... if they say "no" ..listen to their reasons.
So right now we have worst of two worlds, right? Both nerf and the need to have perms? Great. When is the rule update planned? Could we get rid of nerf while it's not out?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12