Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Xeno Alliance communications (iRP) (FO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: XenoBannermoarbullets.png]
Caeon sat looking warily at the elderly control consol in front of him. It had been looted out of a Samura transport over five decades ago and was liable to periodically electrocuting its users. The few technicians the Xenos possessed called these occasional electrocutions 'Samura's Revenge.' Caeon had been attempting to set up a secure network for Alliance forces for the last seven hours, wisely he had invested in a pair of rubber gloves. His work was almost finished.

He looked over his shoulder at Leo Matthews who was also a senior commander of the Xeno Alliance. He yawned, bored out of his skull. There was a ping and a small message pinged up on the screen. The network was finished, now the on button needed to be pressed and it would be online.

Caeon gestured to Leo, "You want to press the on button?" Leo nodded and tapped the screen, followed by a loud crackling noise and being blown across the room by a huge electric shock. "You shoulda worn rubber gloves," Caeon smirked.

++Network establishing++
++Power failure, network shutting down++
++Grid access re-established, rebooting network++
++Network online++

-Message incoming-

Comm ID: Caeon Lewis
Encryption: Network coded
To: All registered Alliance members
Subject: It r Zno tiem!!

This network has been established for the use of all registered Xeno Alliance members. You may file combat reports, or any other related material. Two encryption levels have been provided, and are built into the network, these are Network encoded, which will prevent outsiders from eves-dropping on us, and Propaganda encoded. Propaganda encoded transmissions will be re-routed to Denver and Houston where they will hijack local news channels and loop to the populace for three hours before the transmission is cut to stop tracing. Don't not reveal critical information in these transmissions.
Other than that, I welcome you to this channel, first Xeno to coin a name gets a bonus. Feel free to use the AlamoWeb channel established by our brethren to supplement this channel. Good luck!
-Fanatic out

-Message end-

//This message dump is reserved for members of the Xeno Alliance, and I would ask for independent Xenos to refrain from posting unless they are registered on Alliance forums. Similarly I would ask other clans to refrain from posting, seeing as it is our message dump, exceptions if you are responding to a propaganda transmission, in which case, you should mark your post as a retaliatory transmission addressed to the population to Denver and Houston. Good luck people!
-Incoming Transmission-

Source: XA-Bushmaster-S, Ouray Base
Comm ID: Bush---

--CONNECTION WITH PEER LOST. RE-ESTABLISHING CONNECTION...--
--Connection re-established. Restarting aborted applications...--

-Incoming Transmission-

Source: XA-Bushmaster-S, Ouray Base
Comm ID: Bushmaster
Message to: Registered alliance members
Subject: What subject? I have none yet!
Encryption algorithm: Network coded

-Message start-

So, let's see if this is working. I'm currently reporting from that unusually well working comms console of my new Eagle. Seems the Zoners kept their word and built one in. I love it, I can dump messages from far across Sirius to that old console! Anyway, my Eagle is now properly suited with new guns and some nasty Zoner safety technology. Does our policy even allow that? I'd be sad if it wouldn't.

Anyway, this is all you can get outta me for now, I'll be reporting if I have news.

-Bushmaster out

-Message end-
---Connection to Server could not be established---
---Retry in 30 seconds---

Nathan thumped the communication controls. He'd had enough of this already and he'd only just started to use it.

--- Connection established---
---Accessing route node---
---Accessing encrypted channel---

Commm ID: Coachwhip

At last! Fanatic, if the Ouray boys can't fix this thing get the fellows at Nome to have a look, I'm not punching the comms everytime I try to communicate via this network.

That aside, the new Xeno Alliance seems to be working well, although we have encountered a few teething troubles. Nothing to be too concerened about but your surprise abscence did mean fitting out the new girl was a little mre difficult than we had first envisaged. She is however fully kitted out in a Starblazer and ready to fly under your command, look after her, we still need all the recruits we can get.

Coachwhip

---Connection lost---

Nathan almost punched the comms again and then realised he'd finished transmitting any way, the dumb system needed an overhaul already and it wasn't even a day old. this would never have happened in the Navy...
-Message incoming-

Comm ID: Caeon Lewis
Encryption: Network coded
To: All registered Alliance members
Subject: Perimeter defence

I have good news, firstly my primary craft, the 'Blazer XA-Fanatic-B, has had it's IFF and ID fixed after a day of spreading the good news to the tratiorous Bounty Hunters and gluttonous corperations. This means I'll now be able to effectively take control of the Colorado Blazers, which should improve training considerably. IFF was fixed earlier today with aid from the independent Xeno * ,you have my gratitude. My secondary craft, the Crow XA-Fanatic.-B will be completed shortly.

Also, a combat report. My 'Blazer has been blooded. I was heading for New York for some minor propaganda spreading when shortly after jumping I hear the words 'Does anyone wanna go hunt Xenos and mine silver?" I responded this wasn't a good thing to say and proceeded to my destination. Halfway through the Jersey Debris field I encountered the offending pilot, Druggy flying a CSV, a scan revealed he had three Xeno pilots in his hold. I requested he drop them but several Rogue Bloodhounds appeared, so I engaged them. By the time I had finished Druggy was flying away however when I checked my hold the three pilots were safely inside, so I assume he dropped them and I tractored them during the fight with the Bloodhounds.

I remained in the Jersey field for a while ambushing Rogue convoys headed for Rochester before setting course for Ouray to return the Xeno pilots and hand over the Rogues to our 'PR' people. After jumping back to Colorado, I find Druggy shooting down Xeno ships. A cargo scan revealed sixteen Xeno pilots. I requested he drop all the pilots and leave, in response he opened fire, shields dropped to 50% capacity so I engaged and took him out. Ouray's security perimeter re-established i returned to base with all the captive pilots and signed off.

That's all for now, good flying people.
-Fanatic

-Message end-

*[dammit, ame skipped my mind, I'll add when I remember]
*This is the final call for sticks C-6 through E-2 to report to hanger 3 for transfer to The Barrow. Repeat, this is the final call for sticks C-6 through E-2 to report to hanger 3 for transfer to The Barrow.*

David attempted to stifle a yawn as he carried through his X-shuttles pre-launch checklist. The last few days had been a frenzy of personnel transfers, equipment transport and various other mundane tasks that had taxed the single freighter available to the Serpentis nearly as much as theyd taxed its pilots motivation to haul an entire operational wing piece by piece in the vessels minuscule hold.

Operation Giuoco Piano flight 28 The shuttles comm. system blurted. Please report your launch status.

Pre-launch inspection signed off and good to go, mission minimum fuels a go, countermeasure count falls within mission minimums, armory signed off and good to g, maintenance control signed off and good to go, ahh, only have three hours left on the number two engine afor she needs a 120 hour inspection but we opted to take care of that at Barrow David found himself fighting off another yawn as he pushed through the launch list. And frankly Ill be happy for a couple hours of rack time while they do it.

Roger that flight 28. Standby for launch in 020 minutes.

David glanced towards the vessels sole remaining external camera, now trained on the line chief ushering in this last transfer of line mechanics assigned to the Serpentis wing. As the last of them stepped out of the cameras view and into the ships hold the line chief banged on the hull twice and double timed it out of the bay.

Tower is this flight 28, Im all loaded up and ready to burn out of here. David then flipped over to internal comms. Gents this is Copperhead, well be running cold for the majority of our trip, so my lovely crew chief slash stewardess Sergeant Smith will be checking yer rebreathers prior to our launch. Well be crossing four systems at a snails pace so feel free to begin indulging in the mental penning of your memoirs, mulling over your ex girlfriend or attempting to remember what food that doesnt come in paste form is like. Well be arriving at The Barrow in four hours. In the event of a water landing youre free to scream without being judged.

David signaled his launch readiness and prompted the vessels heavy engines to begin their warmup sequence as his vessel was towed towards the launch bay. One more slow transit through hostile waters with his balls in his gut, and then it was back to fighting the good fight.
An Escape Pod drifts aimlessly in the Jersey Debris Field, it's transponder sending a distress call every five minutes..

"Dammit! Second day flying this ship, and it's already destroyed.. The boss is gonna be pissed. I had better send in the call, before those idiots in Navy start their press conference.."

**Incoming Transmission**
**Decrypting Data Signal**

Source: Jersey Debris Field, New York System
Comm ID: J. Fletcher
Destination: Xeno Alliance Communications
Subject: Requesting a pickup..

Sir

Earlier today, while unloading some pent up frustration on unsuspecting trade vessels in the Colorado System, I came upon another Xeno - Geronimo. This fellow was keen to disrupt activities and harass the authorities in New York, and me being the earnest fellow I am, decided to help out.

We made our way to Fort Bush, but our vessels were quickly identified and engaged by an LSF Fighter, who immediately called for backup. Naturally, this backup consisted of a Cruiser, a Gunboat and a Bomber, all of whom were eager to destroy our Light Fighters. I did manage to say a few words, to broadcast this travesty to the whole system..

[Image: screen154ij5.th.png]

This combined assault proved too strong for our meager forces, and as we pulled back Geronimo fell to the guns of the Gunboat. Sensing imminent destruction, I too decided to leave the scene, to fight another day. The host of Libertonian Lackeys decided they had nothing better to do than to chase one little hawk for the remainder of the day, and so I obliged, leading them on a merry tour of the system.

[Image: screen157uh2.th.png]

Unfortunately, their combined might was too much, with the GB finally succeeding in disrupting and then destroying my vessel. Fortunately I was able to escape to my pod in time, and am now drifting amongst the debris. When this message is received, my location is '&^$-A@#' (Just run the decryption algorithm to unscramble the code).

I just hope you can reach me before any Junkers do..

Fletcher

**End Transmission**
Transmission incoming...

Signal Location: New York

Pilot ID: Jack O'Star

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I come to bring you a report of my success in stirring up some interesting feelings and fears in the New York system. My software upgrade that allows me to stay hidden, by flying 100k above manhatton, allows me to ridicule and mock the government on the system wide comms. Without any possibility of being caught.

So far i have been able to guage out the depth of the feelings against the LSF and the SA. None of which show a pride and respect for their work. Maybe one day my banter will lead to a rebellion of sorts from those independant ships.

On a more urgent note, i have been able to organise a plumber for the Ouray shower systems. The liberty corporation i contacted as a undercover civvie refused to help service us, as we are apparantly 'bad'. The independant plumber will arrive and fix the showers within the next 3 days. So no more chance of me being caught in space due to the sweaty pits...

Jack out.

End transmission...
Source: XA-Militant-B, Ouray Base
Comm ID: Hatchling
Message to: Commanding Officers
Subject: Reporting for duty
Encryption algorithm: Network coded

-Message start-

Medical cleared me this morning so I am officially reporting for duty as of this communication.

The navy starblazer I stole from Huntsville has had its transponder completely reformatted and will no longer register on navy data logs. I've fitted out the weapons recommended and the boosting system is on its way from Alamo. There was a damaged zoner armour field generator, AUG Mk2 I believe, in the hold which I managed to rewire, so I will have a small bit more protection. The mine system is effective, but will pose no threat to my own ship.

I am glad to see that my account of what details in the Huntsville I remember helped several more comrades to escape during the last week.

I imagine they have clamped down on security following the explosions in the officer's hall during my escape. The rumours of the use of use of torture are true. But it takes more than a laser scalpel to break a Xeno.

-Militant out

-Message end-
--INCOMING SIGNAL--
-Ouray Base- Colorado System- Liberty-
--Priority Low
--Source identified_ Checking database
--Source recognised- Designation Tubalcaine
-- Signal Interrupted --

Connection Re-established

--Combat Log

Met outside Ouray Base with XA-Copperhead and two other pilots. After this we proceeded as a group to a nearby tradelane in the hopes of catching passing targets. Unforunately, the only real targets we stopped had done no real wrong, and did not deserve any kind of fate we could bestow on them. Some however, were found to be carrying fellow Xeno pilots in their cargo holds. Outraged by this we demanded their release, intimidating them in pursuit until they complied and returned them. One pilot escaped with the captives in their hold.

We Identified two valid targets in system- one of which was a Harvester unit, reported to be nearby. While Copperhead investigated the other two Xenos and I held the trade lane, interdicting similar traffic to what we previously encountered. Copperhead discovered the location of one of the two targets, but they fled through the jump gate to New York. We sat wondering what to do next as Copperhead pursued the target, and he reported back to us with word of an Order assault on New York via the Alaska jumpgate. We took this major distraction as a chance to raid supply depots and accomplish some of our goals.

On our way to the New York Jumpgate to meet with Copperhead we found and engaged two hostile ships, designated 'Space_Ball' and 'bow'. Golden and I attakced the pilot known as bow and the other Xeno engaged Space_Ball. Space_Balls' vessel was ravaged by the other pilot and bows' 'Raven Claw' was severly damaged by my Starblazer and Goldens' Eagle. As we fought close to the Gate the third pilot joined in, and for some reason, be it Ionic wind or something else, 'bow' was swept away from the battle at great speed, and did not return. We continued into New York.

By this time the Order Assault on the system was in full swing, the main battle taking place inside the Zone-21 Minefield. Copperhead was hovering high above the battle. After telling us his location we decided that we should use the commotion to perform a raid on the Police supply depots in Manhattans' orbit. I and 'Golden' performed the task. In the more heavily armoured Eagle fighter, Golden took the direct approach across Manhatten to get to the depot, while I in my weak Starblazer cruised around the back, using its' gravity to slingshot me there after we left the Fort Bush-> Planet Manhattan trade lane. The tables turned on me however, as on the far side of Manhattan I came face-to-face with a Liberty Dreadnought. Its' powerful guns lowered my shields and crippled my hull. However I used some of my stored batteries to bring the shields back online and activate my cruise engines, while dodging cruise disruptors and weapon discharges. I used my cruise speed to fly along the length of the battleship, metres away from its' hull, to throw the gunners off.

As soon as I reached my top speed I ran toward the supply depot, in time to catch Golden there.
They were empty. The depots had already been raided, my ship was hurt badly, and we had a small fleet on our tail. I did not disengage my cruise engines, and headed straight for the trade lane to Fort Bush.

I luckily found some spare nanobots and shield batteries floating alone in space, so I did not hesitate in bringing them into my ship and making repairs with them. Recovered from the encounter, I RV'ed with Golden and we notified Copperhead, and set a course for Zone 21.

With the battle still raging on inside the deadly minefield explosions and weapon discharges could be clearly seen from all over the system, with the most noticable things being the massive Legate-Class Order (Corsair) Dreadnought and a Liberty cruiser locked in battle. As we neared Zone- 21 we could see that is was not only the LSF and The Order doing battle, but many other factions, including the Navy and some unlawful elements. Naturally, we decided to join in. As we entered the mine field the battle became much more clear, and we picked our targets carefully. Stupidly some ill-equiped civilians entered the fray, exploding easily due to collateral fire. Moments later phrases like 'OMG RULS BREAKER!!!' could be heard being screached over the comms. I ignored this and engaged an LSF heavy fighter. I slowly but surely did damage to the corrupt fool, and I survived his best attacks, as his slow, blundering fighter could not hope to match the manouverability of my Starblazer, and thus he could not hit me.

I disengaged and ran distraction, taking the fire and notice of many of the Liberty Forces craft while Copperhead and the other Xenos did grave damage. Soon I noticed a fighter on my tail, dealing average damage to my shield. I tried to turn around to face it, but its' manouverability seemed to match if not excel my own. Eventually I took its fire flying in a straight line, killed my engines, turned, and began to fire, facing backwards at it. I stopped firing as the realisation hit me that it was not an LSF or Order or Naval fighter shooting me, it was one of those same, ill-equiped civilians that had been unwittingly an undeservingly destroyed by the Liberty forces. I couldn't help but remember my family, my mother, the death of who had been caused by these Liberty forces, just another civilian killed. My mind froze. He continued shooting me. My shields continued to fall. My mind was blank. I was in an empty world. The battle, the ship, the LSF... none of it felt real anymore. The thrill of the combat disappeared. The thrum of the engine behind me faded away. The 'Thump, thump, thump' of this civilians' weapons on my fading shield wasn't there. All too late I snapped out of it. All too late I remembered where I was. BOOM! There was a thunderous screech of bending metal as the ship was torn apart behind me. As the air was sucked out of the cockpit the Escape Pod mechanism sealed what was left of it around me, as more mines detonated behind me. Forunately, the force of the blast on the debris of my ship projected my pod away from the mines. I thank that old Starblazer for saving my life once again. The civilian was not so lucky- his shields were brought down by the debris from my craft, and his was vapourised around him by more mines. Fortunately for me, my pod flew into the path of a fellow Xeno, who picked me up, and later took me back to Ouray.

The rest was a mystery to me, as I sat cramped in my escape pod, wondering who had picked me up.

I always wanted to get out of that Starblazer, but now that I have, I almost miss it. Looks like I'll be grounded untill the engineers can some how infiltrate Zone-21 and reconstruct that beautiful 'Blazer from the chunks it rests in, or I get a new ship.

I just hope that what is left of my poor Blazer doesn't become some Junker table...

Tubalcaine out.

--Message Ends--
Source: Nome Base, Kepler System
Comm ID: XA-Glenn.Thacker
Subject: Status Report

*you see the bar in Nome in the background* *mutters* how do I turn this thing on? Oh... here it is...

Finally.. just got finished putting the duct tape on the wing of my poor, second-hand starblazer. I'm really getting tired of the Navy blowing holes in this thing... can't wait to get something a little more solid..

Anyway, it's been an eventful day to say the least. Definately more eventful than my old Navy career was. Picked up a mission here at Nome against some Bounty Hunters... All went well, blasted at least a dozen of them before a much better equipped pair of them came and showed me the business end of their weapons. I barely got back to Nome in one piece.

After that I decided to head to Colorado and see what was going on there. Ran into Copperhead there at Ouray. Seems that he had found an Outcast there sniffing around Ouray. For some reason, he thought he could dock at Ouray for repairs. I thnk he had a little too much Cardimine today. We gave him some repairs, all right... Tangled with some Navy and Police ships shortly after that.. got the better end of that engagement.

Copperhead found a Rogue floating around in the Silverton field, and toyed with him a bit. He let me have the last word on that issue, though. Such a nice guy, he is. We never did find that Harvester that was flying around Colorado, unfortunately... those things creep me out. This particular one (19, i think... hard to keep them all straight), got some of our fellow Xeno pilots. I was eager to get some revenge on it, but it got away. The fact that I ran into two Liberty Navy Dreadnought/Cruiser patrols in the process, didn't help at all. Towed back to Ouray twice in the same day... How humiliating....

Got so busy today, I didn't even have time for any old-fashioned commerce raiding... Oh well. Theres always tomorrow.