Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corporation wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
' Wrote::ylove:

MINIGUN

My favourite too, loved watching the other agents getting shot backwards and then collapsing in a heap!
<strike>I find it hard for a 225 Player Server to start wars in the edge worlds. Too Little - Not much to see.</strike>

Nevermind -.-
A corporate war isnt exactly fighting over things. it means secretly hitting them. In point, if Liberty corps decide that kusarians should stop trading with gallia. They can just warn them once and close all their bases to them

Kusari will return the offer.. *USI* like Corps would hire their Illegal Rebel Friends to go against their asses when they are in their ZOI.

Making Bretonia closing it boundaries too.... thusby actually forcing them to withdraw... If they dont... Tensions build up even accounting to an House war Embargos and as such
I think this is more like physical warfare he is thinking, like how BMM can pirate Daumann or whatever...
' Wrote:Discovery is a little lacking on corporate warfare, but then again Discovery is a little lacking on any content for corporations as a whole.

Unfortunately true.

The main issue with the concept, though, is that we'd need a new area to have our Corporation Wars in, or take existing systems and repurpose them. Basically we need some systems, with something valuable to fight over (rich mineral deposits, unique anomalies to research) that isn't part of OLOL HOUSE MILITARILY DRIVEN EXPANSION LOL IGISS, and that is also not a den for the scum of the <strike>earth</strike> stars (pirates) since they'd just ruin the fun and not know what to do with the valuable stuff we're trying to secure/uncover.

You may notice that this corporate-driven expansion is actually quite logical and, from a vanilla Freelancer basis, has formed the direction which military expansion has taken. Think of the situation in Omega-3 and Omega-7.

Edit: Banes.
You're talking about what we can do at the moment, not what we'd like to do in this hypothetical situation.

Down-edit: That too.

What I'm trying to stress, though, is that we're after conflict between corporations that is so secret or lucrative that neither side would admit it to the authorities or get them involved due to potential negative repercussions. Yet, it has to be objective driven, so that it's not just killing for the sake of killing - we don't need an in-RP Conn system for corporations.
' Wrote:All you need now is some persuasion devices, some uzis, couple of super hardcore, no nonsense, mind controlled agents and you're well on your way to syndicate warfare.

' Wrote::ylove:

MINIGUN
Good times.

' Wrote:You may notice that this corporate-driven expansion is actually quite logical and, from a vanilla Freelancer basis, has formed the direction which military expansion has taken. Think of the situation in Omega-3 and Omega-7.
80 Years War.
We in the IMG had actually some oorp talks with BMM for some corporate warfare in the Taus. Unfortunately the interest wasn't what we expected especially from the IMG members' side.

- Are you up for corporate wars?
- Yes.

- Do you think corporate wars and fight over resources which do not fall under House authority make sense?
- Absolutely.
To be honest, corporate wars are more interesting than generic nationality based ones.
Especially when the corporations use those national militaries as private armies like in my current mod project.:smile2:
' Wrote:MINIGUN

Gatling Solaris:wacko:
' Wrote:Gatling Solaris:wacko:

a lolwut moment sponsored by: OP NERF NOW!!!111oneone

That would really make me shy away from a convoy, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6