Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corporation wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I am confused. I thought this already happened? Like GMS fought some Bretonia corporations in mining fields and what not. Or are we talking differently, here?

Problem with this idea is that Freelancer runs on lots of monopolies. Each house has a trading company. And a mining company. So on. For the most part there is nothing for inner-house conflict, as there isn't a shared interest. (I admit I might be wrong on some houses, but I don't think there are any.)

So this would be just about different houses' corporations fighting... Which... Is pretty much just the usual wars everyone is doing. Not very different.

' Wrote:Last time someone done such "fun", as I remember... Bretonia lost LD-14 and Rheinland lost Westfalen =\

So yeah, you're free to spark un-planned wars/hostilities between Houses. Get ready for rephacks, FR5s and "RP Consequences, provided by Admin team."

I see nothing wrong with this. More things to do all around.
' Wrote:I am confused. I thought this already happened? Like GMS fought some Bretonia corporations in mining fields and what not. Or are we talking differently, here?

Problem with this idea is that Freelancer runs on lots of monopolies. Each house has a trading company. And a mining company. So on. For the most part there is nothing for inner-house conflict, as there isn't a shared interest. (I admit I might be wrong on some houses, but I don't think there are any.)

So this would be just about different houses' corporations fighting... Which... Is pretty much just the usual wars everyone is doing. Not very different.
I see nothing wrong with this. More things to do all around.

No, these aren't really "corporation wars", because Gallia and Brets are at war.
What he's talking about, are 2 corporations from neutral houses compete with each other by "dirty" means, including pewpew. Well, like IMG shooting Kruger, or BoWex shooting Interspace Commerce for some reason
OCULUS co. does it quite regularly. The goal is for you to NOT know about it. ;)
Edit:
' Wrote:What he's talking about, are 2 corporations from neutral houses compete with each other...

Or even within the same house! (Shameless Gateway plug):P

Or independent groups vs corporations (IMG vs [everyhousemininggroup] comes to mind, or GMG vs Samura).
It's also Vanilla and still routine for GMG to shoot down any Kruger ships daring to cross the border into our space. They had even raided Mannheim Station with impunity for almost 2 centuries following The Eighty (although it Vanilla that those raids ended 8 yrs before The Nomad War which appears to be around the time GMG discovered the JH to Beta and it's meeting with the OCs.)
Tell RM & BAF to look other side and turn Omegas into warzone... both house militaries have other, serious problems than to care about few civilians of them shooting each other.
' Wrote:Tell RM & BAF to look other side and turn Omegas into warzone... both house militaries have other, serious problems than to care about few civilians of them shooting each other.

Oh, how I love that idea!
I thought that the new ID's allowed for a version of coorporate warfare...I mean USI could target any Rheinland coorpships it might run across ..for example...and...The Gallics are getting permits for Gallic corps to target anything in the Taus...Someone correct me if Im wrong.

For coorporate warefare seems like something two coorps of the same house would do. In that case, backroom agreements have been made before in RP between Lawfulls coorps and less than lawfull organizations when a common interest arose. (Right? again correct me if Im wrong).
' Wrote:EDIT: What I described is a normal way for the Government to react. Hell, CR was declared to be basically KoS in Liberty (in case of border violation) because of slander towards IND in the secured communication channels with Bretonia in Bretonia!

And you want to "get away" with actually shooting someone?

IND isn't a corporation particularly alligned with any one house. It's not a particularly relevant example and you have to see past the surface details in that situation to the motivations behind them to really understand what's going on.

' Wrote:Been there, done that, got a T-shirt marked "We been invaded by Kusari" as a result......which was fun. I highly reccommend it.

Awesome.

' Wrote:OCULUS co. does it quite regularly. The goal is for you to NOT know about it. ;)

Aha, this is what I'm talking about. Got to keep it hush-hush so that the authorities don't find out. Too many dirty secrets.

' Wrote:I thought that the new ID's allowed for a version of coorporate warfare...I mean USI could target any Rheinland coorpships it might run across ..for example...and...The Gallics are getting permits for Gallic corps to target anything in the Taus...Someone correct me if Im wrong.

For coorporate warefare seems like something two coorps of the same house would do. In that case, backroom agreements have been made before in RP between Lawfulls coorps and less than lawfull organizations when a common interest arose. (Right? again correct me if Im wrong).

The new IDs do allow for certain elements of corporate warfare, for those Corps which have their respective home houses at war. However, it is still very black-and-white; there is no flexible grey area. For instance, USI can't hit a Samura convoy out in the middle of nowhere in order to get a leg up on the competition.
Agreed with Echo. Competition taking out must be done secretly... Open warfare is not an option and we will be criminals before the law. A corporation will never want to be identified as criminals
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6