Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corporation wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
' Wrote:Stop comparing RL with FL, they are two completely different things.

You wan't to say that such things as logic works differently in freelancer?

Maybe mathematics work differently as well? :D

EDIT: What I described is a normal way for the Government to react. Hell, CR was declared to be basically KoS in Liberty (in case of border violation) because of slander towards IND in the secured communication channels with Bretonia in Bretonia!

And you want to "get away" with actually shooting someone?
' Wrote:You wan't to say that such things as logic works differently in freelancer?

Maybe mathematics work differently as well? :D
Show me logic and I will show you mathematics.
' Wrote:Show me logic and I will show you mathematics.

Re-read my previous post, gave an example there. (and note, it's not about violent actions, merely a slander)

Logic is simple. Government is obliged to protect it's citizens, no matter their location. Government will treat any entity that is using violence against their citizens in a neutral space for no reason as a hostile and terroristic. Especially if we're talking about core corporations, that produce a good chunk of Country's GDP. There's no way you can go around this, or bypass this.
Also, government might react even in case of non-violent actions, but that's another story. (described above..)

I'm using TL;DR version of course.:)
Quote:Notice that this isn't ALL about RP but fun aswell so don't you go around making it way too serious.

There's no fun in trading factions if all they do is trading, so we're looking into a nice and fun way that will be acceptable by most trading/mining factions around.

Quote:Logic is simple. Government is obliged to protect it's citizens, no matter their location. Government will treat any entity that is using violence against their citizens in a neutral space that as a hostile and terroristic. Especially if we're talking about core corporations, that produce a good chunk of Country's GDP. There's no way you can go around this, or bypass this.
Also, government might react even in case of non-violent actions, but that's another story.

What about scandals hmm?
I bet corporations wouldn't want to be in the news for "Territorial wars between X and Y" because that could create a big fuss in each House. In few words, they're going to do everything using stealth and bribery to cover things up.
' Wrote:There's no fun in trading factions if all they do is trading, so we're looking into a nice and fun way that will be acceptable by most trading/mining factions around.
What about scandals hmm?
I bet corporations wouldn't want to be in the news for "Territorial wars between X and Y" because that could create a big fuss in each House. In few words, they're going to do everything using stealth and bribery to cover things up.

' Wrote:A corporate war isnt exactly fighting over things. it means secretly hitting them. In point, if Liberty corps decide that kusarians should stop trading with gallia. They can just warn them once and close all their bases to them

Kusari will return the offer.. *USI* like Corps would hire their Illegal Rebel Friends to go against their asses when they are in their ZOI.

Making Bretonia closing it boundaries too.... thusby actually forcing them to withdraw... If they dont... Tensions build up even accounting to an House war Embargos and as such

' Wrote:This. Direct pewpew-type confrontation will inevitably result in the respective House joining the "fun".

If some Chinese company will pirate Exxon Mobil tanker, it's the USA Government that will retaliate.

2 more cents: If your corporative fighters will attack another corporation's assets and that another corp will provide evidence to Government - you're screwed.

If you hire mercs... well, thats whole different story.
Been there, done that, got a T-shirt marked "We been invaded by Kusari" as a result......which was fun. I highly reccommend it.
' Wrote:Been there, done that, got a T-shirt marked "We been invaded by Kusari" as a result......which was fun. I highly reccommend it.

Atleast someone understands what fun is ^_^
' Wrote:Atleast someone understands what fun is ^_^

Last time someone done such "fun", as I remember... Bretonia lost LD-14 and Rheinland lost Westfalen =\

So yeah, you're free to spark un-planned wars/hostilities between Houses. Get ready for rephacks, FR5s and "RP Consequences, provided by Admin team."
Don't dress up the FR5 as some kinda bad OORP type saction affair. It's not. It's an in RP consequence. In our case we got appropriately FR5'd with Samura and continued on. I don't open bottles of Whine when the expected consequences are born out of my intentions.
' Wrote:Don't dress up the FR5 as some kinda bad OORP type saction affair. It's not. It's an in RP consequence. In our case we got appropriately FR5'd with Samura and continued on. I don't open bottles of Whine when the expected consequences are born out of my intentions.

Erm, if it was pointed at me (since I was the only one who mentioned that on this page), then I actually provided those "options" as "RP consequences" =\
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6