Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corporation wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
As DHC leader I support this.:yes:

The problem is when one side appeals to the government of the other, or starts massing up allies on each others side to gain the upper hand, getting the 4-5 other factions involved, which will turn the whole thing into a loldisaster and will probably end with both sides signing a ceasefire like nothing happened.

In other words, an oorp agreement should be made between all corp factions leaders who are constantly in conflict, to define some oorp rules of engagement. When Kruger was led by gforce we had a skype conversation to enable hostilities between dhc and kruger and we put rules in place, like not getting the police/military involved, not hiring mercenaries, and that sort of stuff.
the rp, plot of disco isnt complex enough to stack the power of a corperation enough to have the house governments ignore it.

IE. if it was apperant the house corporations where the ones making the money for said house then youd find a more compliant government letting the corps do whatever on each others turf.

But too often and how its played right now is every house has/is a despotic military government that enforces the rules at the end of a mortar with little or no oversight to bog them down or bind them.
Corporate wars? you mean BMM agains USI or IMG agains DHC?
abit wierd... but might works. I like standart pirate-police wars
Not exactly... It will like Corp Wars over minerals. There was one going on already IMG vs BMM for the tau mining fields. A bit more like that.
' Wrote:As DHC leader I support this.:yes:

The problem is when one side appeals to the government of the other, or starts massing up allies on each others side to gain the upper hand, getting the 4-5 other factions involved, which will turn the whole thing into a loldisaster and will probably end with both sides signing a ceasefire like nothing happened.

In other words, an oorp agreement should be made between all corp factions leaders who are constantly in conflict, to define some oorp rules of engagement. When Kruger was led by gforce we had a skype conversation to enable hostilities between dhc and kruger and we put rules in place, like not getting the police/military involved, not hiring mercenaries, and that sort of stuff.

This exactly. It would have to be every man for himself, or as close as we can get to that. Friendly corps would have to promise not to get involved.

' Wrote:the rp, plot of disco isnt complex enough to stack the power of a corperation enough to have the house governments ignore it.

IE. if it was apperant the house corporations where the ones making the money for said house then youd find a more compliant government letting the corps do whatever on each others turf.

But too often and how its played right now is every house has/is a despotic military government that enforces the rules at the end of a mortar with little or no oversight to bog them down or bind them.

I'd say Liberty is the most flexible with regard to your point, but maybe that's just because I play there. That's why we'd need a "gentleman's agreement" or ooRP agreement beforehand. Also why I suggested new or repurposed systems beyond the reach of House Militaries.
The only problem with this is that your corporate "only" system where fighting is taking place will inevitably fall into the ZOI of at least one pirate group, and if it is lucrative enough to be mining there to begin with, you will have the inevitable pirate swarms heading in there as well. Even if you can come to agreements with the other side for the purposes of RP, you'll still end up with certain groups and players (like the Hellfire Legion and various indies) gatecrashing your roleplay for their little blue PvP messages.

It can still be done of course, and I like the idea, but there's no way you're going to ever be able to keep it strictly a corporate fighting affair, you'll always have pirates involved. If its out in the borderworlds though, at least you won't have house militaries involved (although you may eventually wish they were).
Just gonna throw this out there...

The new Gateway ID lets us attack Bowex outside of house space. Just sayin'. :crazy:

Edit: Also, there's a ton of other new additions like this to the IDs. I think we should get this rolling indeed.
' Wrote:The only problem with this is that your corporate "only" system where fighting is taking place will inevitably fall into the ZOI of at least one pirate group, and if it is lucrative enough to be mining there to begin with, you will have the inevitable pirate swarms heading in there as well. Even if you can come to agreements with the other side for the purposes of RP, you'll still end up with certain groups and players (like the Hellfire Legion and various indies) gatecrashing your roleplay for their little blue PvP messages.

It can still be done of course, and I like the idea, but there's no way you're going to ever be able to keep it strictly a corporate fighting affair, you'll always have pirates involved. If its out in the borderworlds though, at least you won't have house militaries involved (although you may eventually wish they were).

I didn't specify actual mining sites. I just suggested things of value which a corporation has the ability to exploit, which a pirate group would not. Bear in mind that this discussion originated on a conceptual level, yet people are jumping to the execution stage. I believe the purpose of this thread was simply to gauge a reaction to the concept, not decide upon means of execution, and so far I am pleased by the positive response.

PS. In case it's not obvious the HF has no interest in corporate affairs and in fact protects Libertonian shippers against pirates (except for Xenos activities to which a blind eye is turned). A corp-on-corp fight is not something the Legion would get involved with.

Edit: .
While additions like that are starting points for what we're trying to achieve, it's not quite the same as carte blanche to kill anyone who tries to take over your claim in a certain system.
' Wrote:A corporate war isnt exactly fighting over things. it means secretly hitting them. In point, if Liberty corps decide that kusarians should stop trading with gallia. They can just warn them once and close all their bases to them

Kusari will return the offer.. *USI* like Corps would hire their Illegal Rebel Friends to go against their asses when they are in their ZOI.

Making Bretonia closing it boundaries too.... thusby actually forcing them to withdraw... If they dont... Tensions build up even accounting to an House war Embargos and as such

This. Direct pewpew-type confrontation will inevitably result in the respective House joining the "fun".

If some Chinese company will pirate Exxon Mobil tanker, it's the USA Government that will retaliate.
' Wrote:This. Direct pewpew-type confrontation will inevitably result in the respective House joining the "fun".

If some Chinese company will pirate Exxon Mobil tanker, it's the USA Government that will retaliate.

Stop comparing RL with FL, they are two completely different things.

Imagine Liberty corporations doing background moves against let's say, Rheinland or Kusari corporations in order to prevail in the market and some times, these corporations would engage stealthily to disrupt convoys.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6