Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ganks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
If you not letting player to have fun by having fair duel if he kindly asks - you are pathetic exuse of player that hides his willing to PvP and bluemsg by RP.
one thing is attacking running enemy, another is ganking lone hostile with four-five same classed ships
Right now in Liberty, group of Reavers vs group of LSF snubs with a bunch of LNS standing around watching and telling others stay out of it. Now call me jaded but I am pretty sure that the practiced mercs are going to kill off the snubs then turn their bombers onto the caps who will no longer have snubs to defend them. This is why its horrible RP, it will get them all killed, and there wont be any lawfuls to protect the traders so the whole RP balance will fall down ... all because some fool thought fairness would be reciprocated with generosity, when it wont
' Wrote:Right now in Liberty, group of Reavers vs group of LSF snubs with a bunch of LNS standing around watching and telling others stay out of it. Now call me jaded but I am pretty sure that the practiced mercs are going to kill off the snubs then turn their bombers onto the caps who will no longer have snubs to defend them. This is why its horrible RP, it will get them all killed, and there wont be any lawfuls to protect the traders so the whole RP balance will fall down ... all because some fool thought fairness would be reciprocated with generosity, when it wont

LSF =/= LN.

the [LN] doesn't work that way...but lets not make this thread about specific factions, yeah? But that's pretty much what I'm saying, Urs, on any of my Navy characters, if a hostile force stands against my forces, they're all going to be killed, unless they manage to escape.

Going to the capitol system of any House as an unlawful is practically begging to have the entire military dropped on you, as it should be.

However if say, there's say a 5 v 3 fight going on, and the lawfuls are already winning, and 6 more lawfuls show up, it's okay to tell the reinforcements not to engage.

And JayDee, I agree with you 100%.
Some people actually like to know their were fair, regardless if they loose or not - It's a game, you can loose, omgomg.
It's also more fun for both sides to have an equal snub battle of some kind; and since fun is the main point here ...

Oh well, people can't loose at FL, so this is all invalid.
' Wrote:LSF =/= LN.
I didn't say anything about LN. paranoid

I know you didn't, Urs.

I'm just letting you know, the LSF is not the primary law enforcement group in Liberty.

And the LN, as that group, doesn't act like the LSF.
' Wrote:Right now in Liberty, group of Reavers vs group of LSF snubs with a bunch of LNS standing around watching and telling others stay out of it.

And you really don`t see the problem here? :lol:
The trick is to not mind em.

I remember some story about a kid asking what his uncles trick was to not getting hurt when using his fingers to snuff out matches.

The uncle said the trick wasn't to avoid getting hurt, the trick was to not mind the pain.
If you don't wanna be acused of ganking, loose the fight and wait for the kudos.
' Wrote:The trick is to not mind em.

I remember some story about a kid asking what his uncles trick was to not getting hurt when using his fingers to snuff out matches.

The uncle said the trick wasn't to avoid getting hurt, the trick was to not mind the pain.

Sound advice.

Ultimately, 'ganks' shouldn't always be seen as an OORP thing, and in the case of groups of unlawfuls in the Capitol system of a House, it makes sense to 'gank' them.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that you can't be fair OOCly at the same time that you're being 'unfair' in character.

For example:

One time, on my [LN], I was fighting a Scylla, NY, with an LABC and two bombers at my back. We were utterly destroying it, as should be done in such a case. However, an 'indie' Carrier cruised into the area and began to engage as well. That's not okay, and I put a stop to it.

There has to be a balance, guys.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8