Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ganks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think 4 major brawls today and all were ganks on me, but only 1 made me mad. I guess to me it comes down to whether there's anything at stake, like "ownership" of a system, or cargo in my hold, otherwise pfft whatever check comms for next fight.
' Wrote:I think 4 major brawls today and all were ganks on me, but only 1 made me mad. I guess to me it comes down to whether there's anything at stake, like "ownership" of a system, or cargo in my hold, otherwise pfft whatever check comms for next fight.

Haw. True enough. What always gets my goat is when I'm desperately trying to haul my arse from point A to point B and I run into a cloudswarm of "them".

Whoever they might be. Situation to situation.

Then I get roflstomped.

Then I Q_Q and stomp my feet about while undocking to try to make the trip again.
Space is dangerous.
Q_Q is hilarious.
DELETE
' Wrote:Ganks does not exist, their a myth made up by snub pilots without the ability to run.

this.

Srsly...if you don't have the power to win...and you know that people you are facing base their power not on skills but on numbers...since maybe they simply aren't pvpwhores..then don't atack them...

I know we all should aim for fair play etc etc but then again you think that it's fair play if let's say ME - an average skilled pvp-er start a PvP with someone who spends like at least 5 h weekly in conn? No...but I do that to get better - but then again I don't mind being atacked by 3 bombers or 3 snubs... it's all a part of training for me ... if you don't enjoy fighting then don't do it...evade...and if you do fight...just do and win or loose.

I think this one is old but : " this is just a game "
A friend once told me:

"If you're being ganked, it means you're winning."

So if a group ganks you, take it as a compliment.
' Wrote:Space is dangerous.
Q_Q is hilarious.
Should I find some of those recordings of you shouting in anger when you get killed?:P
The ganks can be part of any game, usually when a lot of players are combining their strenght to fight a single or few enemies. Just like in any other game, here in Freelancer the ganks are inspired from two points: hatred and revenge.

If group named A is giving a continiously pressure towards group B, there is a huge possibility the group B will return the favor sooner or later. Its in human nature to unleash revenge, we cant hide that. Still there is a "cure" and its called understanding - acknowledgement from the both sides (group A and B).

The ganks in Disco are often illuminated by the "endless circle of hatred". Only once the both groups achieve friendly relations in OORP they can start to play fair, respect each other and close their eyes for slight mistakes no matter if done by group A or B.

That "circle" can be only broken by the combined strenghts of A and B, not by their separated attempts, because if group A is "fair" and group B is "unfair" - the circle will remain in tact and the hatred between both groups will increase.
I really don't know why you bother either.
' Wrote:I really don't know why you bother either.

<3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8