Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ganks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I always thought "Gank!" was like "Achoo!", but for when you lose a fight with at least one player less than the opposite side, instead of sneezing.
I used to care but now?
Not really. If they want a fight and I think I can kill them, I'll fight them. If I don't think I can kill any of them, I run.
If they decide to offer me a one on one, I'd probably say yes, (even if it ment I'd get another straight after). If they think chasing me all over Sirius and watching me dock at the end of it is fun, then I am glad for them.
If they then post on the forums that the faction I belong to are a bunch of time wasters (which has happened), they really need to look in a mirror sadly.
' Wrote:sounds like some horrible RP
Some people aren't constantly angry for no good reason and are willing to put that behind them for the sake of everyone having a good time. I know that might be hard for you to understand.
You can always find a way to avoid ganks, you can always run if you are ganked, you can always shoot them if you can't run, and you can always die if you can't do anything. It's totally ok.

Srsly, let people play the way they want. Both going fair and ganking can be advantageous, stupid, and fun.

There are a lot of things besides shooting at people in Disco, too. You died today? You got butchered by pvpwhoring hunters, mercs, pirates or gankers? You angry at pvpRP? Log your typetypeRP char, it's getting hard for me to find RP without shooting stuff lately.
' Wrote:So many of you whine and moan about ganks (I used to, but after being in the XA and Reavers....well you get used to it or you get kicked out)
Wait, are you saying Reavers don't whine about ganks?

This is news to me. I had enough unsupported claims of ganks from Reavers when running BAF that I had to make the policy of "if you don't have screenshots, don't bother me."

This is not mentioning the chats I'm in on Skype where I see the complaining.

Lets not be hypocritical here.

Frankly, the only important thing here is the context. Some ganking is okay. When you do it intentionally to the extent where the opposing side doesn't even have the ability to have fun out of it, than it's not okay. Having a chance to win isn't as important as the chance to have fun. Also, there is the matter of how often it happens. A gank here and there is okay. If you gank your opponent every single time you fight, than that's just you being unsportsmanlike and wanting to win at all costs on a game.
' Wrote:Frankly, the only important thing here is the context. Some ganking is okay. When you do it intentionally to the extent where the opposing side doesn't even have the ability to have fun out of it, than it's not okay. Having a chance to win isn't as important as the chance to have fun. Also, there is the matter of how often it happens. A gank here and there is okay. If you gank your opponent every single time you fight, than that's just you being unsportsmanlike and wanting to win at all costs on a game.
agree with that 100% -- some are all-gank all-the-time and yes I avoid interacting with those people

another thing that chaps my crack is people who agree to a battle and then gank anyway, that is oorp in a wholly different way
' Wrote:This is news to me. I had enough unsupported claims of ganks from Reavers when running BAF that I had to make the policy of "if you don't have screenshots, don't bother me."

Oh really?

All i got to you is a couple of words.

"Deal with it."
' Wrote:
Oh really?

All i got to you is a couple of words.

"Deal with it."
Oversized Siggeh!

banbanban!
' Wrote:
Oversized Siggeh!

banbanban!

He can deal with that too.

<3
' Wrote:You can always find a way to avoid ganks, Both going fair and ganking can be advantageous, stupid, and fun.

There are a lot of things besides shooting at people in Disco, too. You died today? You got butchered by pvpwhoring hunters, mercs, pirates or gankers? You angry at pvpRP? Log your typetypeRP char, it's getting hard for me to find RP without shooting stuff lately.

I agree with the statement regarding ganks. If you want nonshooty RP, I submit that you try to find -any- one of my characters in game, I love me some typetypeRP, so yeah, seek me out! xD

' Wrote:Lets not be hypocritical here.
Frankly, the only important thing here is the context. Some ganking is okay. When you do it intentionally to the extent where the opposing side doesn't even have the ability to have fun out of it, than it's not okay. Having a chance to win isn't as important as the chance to have fun. Also, there is the matter of how often it happens. A gank here and there is okay. If you gank your opponent every single time you fight, than that's just you being unsportsmanlike and wanting to win at all costs on a game.

/Signed. I completely agree with this, which is somewhat surprising. xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8