Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You are doing it good RMs.

Blthazzar: RP as soldier doesnt mean act like kamikaze suicider. RMs are RPing it good, they act like humans. If they know they have no chance than they dont go into fight... that is racional and logical behavior. Also we in Rheinland are trying to talk first.
Thank you Malexa for such a quality response.
It makes you look even more professional.:cool:

RHA said that its a special war-with-Liberty-preparation RP that's going on.

Keep up the good work.
Good to see new faces among the RM ranks too. I've seen lately very good turn-outs on your part in space.

It's funny to see the new RM guys always being in such a haste to take on my [RHA]Johannes.Farb or [RHA]Red.Autumn. The older RM knows that I'm (nor most of our older players are) not going anywhere if I (we) have decided to let you in the engagement distance. Let the RP play out.

So you new fellas no need to yell "Engaging" the second you see RHA pilot(s) and charge ahead. I know you are eager to get your first scalp of some supposedly ace RHA pilot on your belt but I promise you that if you fly regularly with your RM you'll get enough combat and start to appreciate the unique RP that Rheinland has to offer. You'll find out soon enough who you should engage with caution and who you can confidently pick on (if you want to find out the names easy way go and check the RHA dump). But most importantly enjoy the opportunity to RP. We try to provide good RP for us all to enjoy.

Like Kambei said we try to let RP play out first until we engage. Sometimes it's just not possible but mostly that's what we aim at.

And I'd like to also address the concerns Balthazzar (and possibly others) are having. The RP is gearing towards the Rheinland - Libertonian conflict and we all, Rheinland military and Hessians, are learning the ropes how to deal with the "new" relations with each other. I have to say it feels hard and a bit awkward sometimes. But we all are learning new RP and working on making it more plausible and believable.

So RM is not condoning RHA's pirating in Berlin. It must feel like it when you just pop in with your trader from Sigma and see RM staying in Berlin orbit and a group of RHA milking you. Many times Blodo or me or some other more senior guy conducting the operation has called off the pirating (even if the scanner is full of traders) if we start to get a feeling like that. Meaning that relations are getting too cozy with the RM.

Slowly but surely this new relations thing will evolve but it's not fast moving. Controlling, guiding and finding a workable RP and in-game behavior to reflect the changed situation for 30+ guys operating in Hessians and Military is taking it's time.

But by all means you all, please write the gripes to faction feedback and possibly PM head honchos in RM and RHA if you see problems.
I don't know how many times we told these power traders that the anomaly is a restricted zone and off limits for civilians.
And then all these LPI tagged trading beginners...

Imagine that a RM officer will be really happy if he can encounter a RHA and got the opportunity to ease his frustration by engaging him. [Image: evilgrin0045.gif]

And yes the RNC vessels (including my RNC_Weser) are not a group they are just indies.
Some had a real RP background story but most of them got unfortunately none.
As far as the relationship between RM and the criminal/revolutionary/non-aligned factions of Rheinland in the upcoming war against Liberty go, I don't presume they'll be that cozy as people are afraid they'll be. If you look at the RM's character profiles, you'll see that a number of these characters have some sort of bad blood against one or some of these factions. Like friends/family killed and the sort. I'm sure this is true also with our unlawful counterparts.

In discussions I've had with the rest of Rheinland's factions leadership, we did mention planning some disturbances of our own during the war. If anything, these approximation between lawfuls and unlawfuls in Rheinland should be fragile and turmoiled at best. In my interpretation, the higher ranks will behave more cautelously, since they'll keep the bigger picture in mind. In turn, the lower ranks are likely to biker more. Considering those are the ones that will likely meet in the battleground, things can go nasty pretty quick. I can imagine the repercussion of a mine going astray and downing a alleged friendly during a fight. That could shaken the alliance somewhat during a fight.

Also, I would expect some under the table operations promoted by the factions to benefit from the situation. Like an RM patrol cut off from the fleet, trying to return home and dicimated by a group of Hessians. Only so they would blame the Libertonians for it.

Anyway, I think the concerns that things could get too cozy reasonable and we should not only address them, but make sure that we go gray, instead of black and white. With that in mind, things can only get more interesting rather than dull and boring.
I looked at your diplomacy section on the discovery faction status thread. I notice junkers or the .:j:. are not on the list. One could assume that you guys are hostile with junkers by looking at the "ANY kind of Pirate IDed Pilot" part of the Indie diplomacy section. This is not what I have see during my interactions with the [RM] on my .:j:. characters. I believe RM/junker relations are neutral, since I haven't had any meaningful interactions with the RM on my junker characters.
Quote:Neutral:

* Anything not listed here

That's all there really is to say. Junkers are neutral.
I just wonder which relation the RM will have towards the new "Buero der Marineintelligenz"? (Could someone fix the ID card ingame?)
Are you going to form some kind of subfaction about it? If not, what kind of authority will your guys and theirs have on each other?
' Wrote:I just wonder which relation the RM will have towards the new "Buero der Marineintelligenz"? (Could someone fix the ID card ingame?)
Are you going to form some kind of subfaction about it? If not, what kind of authority will your guys and theirs have on each other?
The BDM was created a long time ago inside the RM by Virus (current leader) and Kane. Up until now only two [RM-BDM] ships exist, the Feuer and the Waser. We haven't had time to discuss about this one particular aspect of RM's roleplay because of other more pressing issues, one of it being the war. As soon as we figure that out, I'll post more information here.

Up until now, yes, the BDM was something of a sub-division inside the RM faction. RM and BDM didn't mingle a lot, since they had different roles. We hardly ever really work together, and when we do it's on some very specific mission.

About authority: the BDM respondeds directly to the Kanzler (in that case, Virus himself). Neither the RM nor the BDM have authority over each other unless their mission parameters require them to work together. Then mission command is granted according to the mission specifics.

I'm not sure what are Virus' plans for it now that the ID was implemented. I'll let he answer this himself.
would you guys mind controling your cap whores?