Discovery Gaming Community
Question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Question (/showthread.php?tid=3162)

Pages: 1 2

Question - legeonation - 06-24-2007

Recently Ive been working toward a Zoners tag/ID for a trading ship and Ive been working for a Zoners ID. The goal was to have a completely Zoners trader considering
I like the philosophy of the Zoners. Now the main problem is that Ive been able to buy a Zoners ID/tag, but every time Ive gotten close to a Zoners ID Ive had no luck. Ive been getting frustrated lately with having travel to almost every corner of Sirus in an attempt to get the right ID. Would there be a problem if I ran a Junkers ID with a Zoners tag or should I keep on working for both a Zoners tag/ID. Or maybe as a third solution I should just restart the character and do a Zoners tag/ID from the beginning.

PS I do get confused between the difference between tag and ID considering you buy an ID though it could be considered a tag

Question - Malaclypse 666 - 06-25-2007

The TAZ resident expert on the matter seems to be on Holiday.

I can definitely attest that sometimes it's easier just to start fresh, though.

However, Mr. Kell has drummed into my thick head that the main trick is NEVER to accept a single zoner bribe. If you do, you'll never see the second, unless you go out and kill a few of your zoner brethren to knock em back down into the white zone again.

There are several places in the Sector where a double Zoner bribe is offered. You just have to be patient and wait for both to be offerred at once. Then, pounce on it!! If that doesn't make the Zoners do the happy dance, then a quick trip to a GMG base with some baksheesh should have you flashing the big Z nicely.

I don't do "spoilers", but i will accept your PM for further questions.

Or, you could ask Dab...

Chairs,
Mal

Question - Dab - 06-25-2007

PM me whether you want to have lawfuls like you, or unlawfuls like you, as there are two double bribes that can be gotten, but both require one group to dislike you, at least temporarily. After that, I'll send you directions on how exactly to get a Zoner tag, and their rep as high as it will go.

Question - FrereDeBenji - 06-25-2007

Okay now I'm confused. I just bought a Zoners ID. What's the difference between a Zoner ID and a Zoners "tag"?

Question - Virus - 06-25-2007

Zoner ID gives you the Zoner reputation towards players, but they only can see this if they scan you. The tag is what you see next to a ship's name when you click on them usually something like "Faction - Rank Name 2ndName" like Military Col. Niklaus Reinhardt.

The "Faction - " part is the tag. This is achieved by setting the faction's reputation to full green so that it blinks.

Question - legeonation - 06-26-2007

I think the main problem that I'm having is that every other faction that I don't want always manages to get ahead of the Zoners when I try to change factions. I've had no luck trying to get the Zoners rep at the very bottom so that it displays correctly with the ID I bought.

Question - Malaclypse 666 - 06-26-2007

Sigh..

Maybe it is time for a fresh start.

I'll have Sophie Noir or Mama Dis meet you in New York and take you by the hand...

Don't worry. They don't bite or eat people either.

They gots no teeth.

Mal

Question - FrereDeBenji - 07-01-2007

' Wrote:Zoner ID gives you the Zoner reputation towards players, but they only can see this if they scan you. The tag is what you see next to a ship's name when you click on them usually something like "Faction - Rank Name 2ndName" like Military Col. Niklaus Reinhardt.

The "Faction - " part is the tag. This is achieved by setting the faction's reputation to full green so that it blinks.
So in other words, your "tag" is determined by the most friendly faction in your list: the one at the bottom. Correct?
If so, is there any problem with having a Zoners ID and an Outcast tag?

Question - Virus - 07-01-2007

Yes, to a degree. Zoners aren't Outcasts and would never seem as such. Just not good for their neutrality. Corsairs might not look well upon it. That, and a Zoner should be most friendly to the Zoners, right?

For the Zoners tag, you have to get them first to neutral (preferably a just a little on the green side). After they are neutral, go to one of the Freeports, best seems to be Freeport 10 in Tau-37. Get a double bribe there. That means you need to people in the bar BOTH offering the bribe at the same time. Make sure there is two or else you won't be able to get a second one.

If anyone is still greener on your reputation list (lower down, physically), go to one of their bases take missions from the bar, and abort them from the Nav Map.

Does that make sense?

Question - Dab - 07-01-2007

An addendum to Virus' post. You need to either have Bounty Hunters or Outcasts friendly (green, but not tagged) to get that double bribe. You can do this simply by getting a single Outcast or BHG bribe, then reentering for the Zoner double.

If you are going down the BHG bribe path, which I usually call the lawful path to Zoner tag, you can also get the double bribe at Freeport 9 in Omicron Theta. However, you can't get the double for Zoners at FP9 if you are going down the unlawful path (Outcast bribe).