Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: SCRA Faction Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, this is poor form. If RM had transport ships, such as Behemoths or Armoured Transports, we'd kill them, since they're military targets.

RepEx have made their transports military targets.

This is a rules exploit, and in any other sort of game would be considered cheating.
The Coalition ID maybe states that we can only attack traders if they carry specific cargo or enter our home system, but if a Roleplay event changes the diplomacy status between two factions then that should be prioritized before the ID. I thought this was a roleplay server.

And it is a VERY poor form of power playing. Expect to be shot down, all of you RepEx-affiliated traders. Please file a sanction report on me if you must.
Agreed, and Agreed. I'll be assuming since you lot have abandoned the thread that you've not been able to come up with a relative or reasonable argument. You might as well reply to the post in diplo, so I can make a ridiculous demand or two. Who knows, it might be something well within your grasp...
Righto. I'm here, right now, to make a few things clear.

Thing 1: Recruiting! The purpose of the recruiting thread is NOT to make you hate your life. It is not (entirely) to amuse me, adrian, and bjorn. It is not there simply to make us look like tough motherf*ckers. We are, but it's not the point. The POINT of the recruiting thread is to see if you can follow basic instructions, to gauge your level of English literacy, to test your use of spell check, and to see if you can make a small, basic post without boring the cr@p out of me. Believe me, writing does not bore me easily. I've read three books in the last 24 hours, and I'm currently on my fourth (It's a good series, damnit!) I like reading. What I do not like reading is scribbles, balderdash, and something I would expect to come out of a 10-year old spelling bee, after someone fed them Ritalin. If there are no clear bloody breaks between your paragraphs, how the hell will I know? I HATE the wall of text!

See? Clear break, pretty simple. Run on sentences, another pet peeve, see how annoying this is going to become when I just keep bloody typing not slowing down not even bothering with a comma moving onto other subjects without a moments notice have I mentioned that I like cats and dogs and nomads and my dad was a nomad and and and and...

Run on sentences. Don't do it. Proper Punctuation! ---> , <--- The thing in the middle is NOT a period. Just to clarify. ---> ?! <--- That is WRONG, don't do it. --->:P <--- That thingie does NOT BELONG in a roleplay post!

Okay, on to other things. When we say apply in person, we mean it. If you said that you walked into the recruiting office, but all you told me was what colour your damn hair is, expect to get shot. When you apply for any job, do they ask what colour your hair is? Do they question your sex? Have you ever been asked what bloody colour your eyes are? Heck, even age is usually an afterthought! Don't fill in the "this is what I bloody look like" deal.

Don't act for us. If you pretend to be the commissar, and go "Well comrade, this looks in order, I'll just promote you to Commander and give you a cruiser", or some other unlikely happenstance, like getting accepted right away, expect to be shot.

Don't keep coming back without changing it up! If your last guy gets shot, or thrown in jail, or whatever, it's not because we like you, and we want you to keep wasting our time. Like whoever the heck claimed he was wearing low profile armour after we shot him. In the head. Honestly, this is a skype-based, manually edited, three stage application process. You cannot just sneak in. If you are rejected, get into the PM's, and ask what you did wrong. Look over my wee rant here, it'll probably help you out. If you keep putting in the same drivel, expect to get rejected.

Do Not assume we like you, we care, or that we've read anything about you in the past. I've been on these forums for a long damn time. I occasionally catch myself thinking of people who've been here for over a year as a 'new guy'. I'm quite busy, as are the other people who tend to the recruiting thread, and we no longer have time to read every RP post out there. If you're going to rely on past performance as a gauge, and put in a mediocre application, expect to be disapointed. Same thing with claims of skill in fighter/caps/bombers. Same thing with being from a former or currently soviet country. I'm canadian, I really don't care.

On that note, don't try to use the language barrier as an excuse for poor language. Several very important people in the SCRA do not speak english as their first language, but they manage just fine, better than me when I'm drunk. We have no time for your excuses.

Would you like to know what we do want? I don't care if you do or not, I'm on a roll, and I'm going to tell you. We want something that is clear and concise, preferably humorous, hopefully short, and that follows instructions. We want to be able to gauge you from this little blurb, to evaluate you, and to (hopefully) not find you wanting.

Then, we will question you. Respond well to these inquiries, as they're usually to establish something you missed previously. Once we actually start talking to you, not just shooting or ignoring you, you are making a step in the right damn direction. Don't try to place yourself in a position of power over us, it's our thread, and we are more than able to call resources from everywhere. Don't, for god's sake, metagame. Only we can do that.

If you are found able in recruiting, you'll be passed up. Most who are passed up gain full membership, but it's still a test. Don't turn off your wee minds, just because you've gotten to the next level.

Now, I'm going to post this, and then move on to another point. I shall see you shortly.
I'm back! Yaaaay....

So, on to another thing, although this one is less ranty than the first.

SCRA Capital ships. The SCRA does not have many of them, and we use even less of them. We recently took them out for a little test spin, and got mauled rather badly, although we did kill a rather lot of pretty big ships. That was a lesson for you lot out there who think we use too many. If you believe that the single gunboat or cruiser that we usually haul around with us is too much, we can all use gunboats from now on. I've killed a good number of people in my gunboat, and I'm not even very good. Some of these other chaps are quite good. Quite, quite good. Just to warn you.

Thing Three! Moving along well, we are... Thing three is mostly for the people who don't read this forum, and I'm sorry, but there's no other way for me to get this across to you. I can't go ingame and hunt you all down and tell you who we are, and I wish I could. I'd like to, but I need to get drunk, get laid, and eat sometimes. In that order. So, if you don't know who we are, and you'd like to know, find out! There's plenty of stuff out there, most of it is good reading, and if worst comes to worst, skype one of us, and ask us. I personally like talking about this faction, as I've said before, it's my baby, and I'm proud of it.

Thing Four, and this is the final thing. This is for members of the SCRA. I'm sorry gents, but the time has come. Not only do I expect you to talk to me on skype, I want to see you in the game. I'll admit, I'll be the first to admit, that I don't spend enough time ingame on my SCRA. For months at a time, I don't spend any time ingame at all. RL and the job come first, after all, and I have no problem with that. Sepentis mate, don't worry about it. You have a membership in this faction as long as you want one, and I've said that from the start.

The rest of you, lace up your boots, and start doing things. I don't care if you're training, mapping, or fighting the fascist horde. Try to do strange things, like go out, educate the masses, and not shoot anyone. DO NOT do stupid sh*te like sitting above the plane in new york, spouting BS and mocking the cops. DO NOT shoot people that we're not allowed to shoot. Go out and catch a cardamine smuggler or something. Go make fun of the queen for a bit, although prepare for the swarm. Go look around gallia. Post in the message dump. Do something. I understand, you're on summer vacation, you're getting drunk, you're out with the girl(boy?)friend. But when you are around, play SCRA, at least for a bit. When it's gotten to the point that people can't even keep their chars active, it's gone too far.

I'm not booting anyone now. Not yet. I'm going to chat with a few people, and we'll see. And this applies to everyone short of the high command, not just the LT's and down. We might not even kick you out, we might demote you, and restrict the ships you can use, and see what you do. We might kick you out, and if we do, I will reccomend that not only are your ships stripped and the reps changed, that they are deleted outright. Those of you with gunboats and bombers that never fly, start thinking about it.

And now, my rants are over, for now. Post, talk to me, and have fun.
Hey, nice work on the whole idea of the faction. I've been interested for a long time and am considering keeping a ship in Omega 5 permanently just to RP with you guys. Although, I was wondering, what is your attitude toward freelancers?

Cheers
Ech, at the moment scra is dying out, how I see.

But I still remeber then it wasnt.

Ganking a lone eagle with tree bombers a fighter and a cruisser and calling it a "tactic" doesnt seems like a good rp. More like blue messege chasers just coverd in rp outfit.

Well Im sorry, maybe now you are something diffrent. Waiting to meet you agian.

Oh and I want to thank one person from you, who agreed to change his/her ship's name under my plea. Thanks for your understanding.
What, you mean the Lithuania? It's still there.
What lithuania? What ship is that?! I wahnt you to know that trashing lithuanias name by some stupid ships is unforgiving!!!

Whos flying that Ship and why was it named lithuania? You better answer my questions right becouse i wont tolerate Country of Lithuania be trashed on.

now this may have sounded a bit overreactive but i whant to find out what the hell is that!
Oh? What exactly are you going to do about the Lithuania? It's my ship, I'll fly it if I want to, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.